Sc Motherwell V Dundee Utd 29/11/14

Yabba's Turd

Hoping for a decent crowd for this one from us as I'm sure Utd will bring a fair amount. As for the game itself it really depends on which team turns up! Although I have to say I'm not totally convinced Dundee United are as good as they are often hyped up to be, and with ciftci out then I reckon we have a chance.

I'll go with 2-1 to the good guys and for us to maintain our 100% home record under Kenny Black thumbup.gif

Dundee United are undefeated at home but they have been pretty poor away this season and there has been something of a stark contrast between those two sets of results, especially recently, so all the glum types should cheer up at least a little bit. I think they have three straight defeats on the road in the league and only won at Easter Road in the cup on penalties, and we more than matched them a couple of weeks ago.

I think we'll have a decent stab at it although whether we win or not is impossible to say.

Unfortunately I don't see the OP's prediction of a big crowd coming true. If anything it might be a smaller crowd than usual with no cup matches on the season ticket and Christmas coming up. Dundee Utd was also the last home match so there isn't a lot of novelty there and our general poor form and cup record won't draw a lot of folks in.

That said, I'll be there and I'm hopeful we can get through to the next round but really I think we are all waiting for the crucial run of games before and after Christmas now.

1 - 3 - be delighted if I am wrong though.

I'd run with

Twardzik

Ramsden McManus O'Brien Reid

Ainsworth Lasley Carswell Vigurs

Sutton Ojamma

Presuming Hammell is out - the lack of options is horrendous and despite my cries to see Thomas and Erwin - I would say not for Saturday.

Good luck to the team though and hope they prove me wrong.

Utd will beat us and we will be out the cup before december even starts. The club is a shambles from top to bottom and Ive all but lost any enthusiasm for watching or even looking for results,an Ex season ticket holder and match goer since I ws a wee boy in the mid 80's and I cant be arsed with it at all just now . Depressing

It feels like our season is on the line here. Even taking into account how much better United's squad is than ours a defeat will be very hard to take.

The majority of the squad have already played their way out of Fir Park as far as i'm concerned but anyone who isn't visibly bursting a gut on saturday shouldn't play for us again.

The current run of form is enough to test the resolve and dedication of the most hardened 'Well fans , which is obviously showing in the steadily declining attendances .

A wee cup run can be enough to keep folks turning up for league games too , but an early exit and prospect of only trying to avoid relegation on the cards between now and May , on the other hand , has the potential to lose us even more numbers and push us further into the mire .

Would love to scrape a 1-0 win but sadly can't see any signs of light at the end of the tunnel from the current downward spiral .

No chance of a repeat of the league result a few weeks ago , and expect Utd to bag a win by a comfortable margin . 0-3 .

Don't have £15 to shell out at the moment and doubt I would even if I had the disposable cash. Awful to watch, and a comprehensive defeat is inevitable, I think.

0-3, even with Ciftci out.

Ah ! A dyed in the wool well fan :mellow:

• Like 1

Was hoping for a new manager in place too give the players and fans a boost but unfortunately that hasn't happened.

I'm afraid we are stuck with Black and I think he will play the same team as past few games which isn't exactly inspiring.

Heart and head both saying 2-0 Utd with Ramsden to be sent off for a crazy tackle.