Motherwell V Celtic 06/12/14

Yabba's Turd

What's the plan with not starting Ainsworth? Yes I know he often looks uninterested, unfit and unmotivated but that could be levelled at every player we have at the moment.

The difference being Ainsworth is capable of pinging one in given half the chance.

What's the plan with not starting Ainsworth? Yes I know he often looks uninterested, unfit and unmotivated but that could be levelled at every player we have at the moment.

The difference being Ainsworth is capable of pinging one in given half the chance.

Say what you want about Josh Law but I thought he helped us out defensively a lot today. You perhaps wouldn't have got that from Ainsworth.

Much better performance in the second half and could have taken a point from Erwins header. Twardzik amazing again and kept us in with a shout.

Erwin showed much more in his 10 mins than Sutton has done in the last 10 games and should start next week.

Some very mixed performances from Motherwell in a game that could have finished 0-5 or 1-1.

Overall, solid performances from ZFA, McManus, Carswell, Ojamaa and Ferguson, while Twardzik was a standout again.

Celtic lost all discipline as the 2nd half progressed but what a difference when we made the substitutions. Erwin didn't cover himself in glory with the header and dives but he and Ainsworth proved a handful. Hopefully the new manager can fit the two of them and Ojamaa in the same team.

Ramsden and Kerr can leave anytime. Lack of discipline, quality and heart.

Massive 3 games ahead. Motherwell must get our house in order this week.

• Like 1

Well that has given me a bit of optimism.Big Erwin pace,determination and height. ok he missed a sitter and his decision making was not best but he got himself into those positions.young Ferguson at right back also had one great run and some other good passes. ainsworth? I have no idea why he doesnt start. next week a front 4 of ainsworth on right sutton and erwin in middle and ojammaa on left pace everywhere and sutton able to do what he can do which is stay in and about box. the only way is up!!!!

1417867597[/url]' post='426272']

Bug bear of mine too. Why not play ojamma up top or give Erwin a try in a game we are expected to get scudded in. At the very least he's 10 times more mobile.

Add hammell and Lawson when they are fit and ainsworth when he can be arsed then it's a team that should be able to avoid relegation (providing henrik stays beyond January)

Is Lawson out for a while?

He looked good last week in 1st half

Kerr and Carswell are both young but I predict they will be playing with Stirling Albion or similar in a couple of years, might have got the team wrong , but you get the jist

Some very mixed performances from Motherwell in a game that could have finished 0-5 or 1-1.

Ramsden and Kerr can leave anytime. Lack of discipline, quality and heart.

Pretty much. It was an odd match because Celtic missed at least 5 sitters but putting that aside it's come down to two mistakes from us that could have drawn or won the game for us.

Maybe I'm being unfair because I'm down the other side of the ground but the Celtic goal looked like absolutely shocking defending from Ramsden.

Then Erwin has missed a chance that looked harder to miss than score.

First half overall was very poor. Celtic build everything from the back and we were giving van Dijk and Ambrose all the room in the world. We should have had Sutton and Ojamaa 'marking' them, especially Ambrose as he always has a mistake in him. However we defended far too deep, didn't press them and when we did get the ball there was no out and it went straight back to Celtic.

Second half we pushed up and pressed them further up the field and guess what...Celtic started making mistakes and giving the ball away. Much better half and in the last ten minutes or so Celtic look pretty nervy about only having a 1-0 lead.

I have to say though that I was a bit pissed off with the Simon Ramsden chants when he got sent off, the guy had a nightmare which has been pretty much par for the course from him this season. On the opposite side, David Ferguson came on and did quite well having not played so well on his debut.

Will be interested to see some of our penalty claims in the TV pics. Looked like a hand ball in the first half from Ambrose and his reaction makes me think it should have been a penalty. I was a long way from the two penalty shouts in the second half so I won't pass judgment on them.

Bar for Celtic's poor finishing and YET ANOTHER standout Twardzik performance, that could have been 7. Some questions;

Why is Sutton still starting instead of Erwin?

How many games of bombing forward and leaving huge gaps in midfield does Lasley get before someone pulls him up for it?

Why is Ainsworth not starting?

How wasteful can we continue to be, in trying to take setpieces quickly?

Is Vigurs viable considering that for every moment of class, he gives the ball away three times?

Why did we decide to start playing after Ramsden went off?

Erwin and in particular Ferguson showed today that the lads in the youth team are no worse than certain first team players. They both looked fearless.

Twardzik was superb as ever, some keeper for an alleged "midget". Special mention to Ramsden's tackle, totally uneccessary and and on second viewing pretty disgraceful.

Confident of at least 4 pts over the next 2 games.

• Like 1

Weird game.

We were fairly rotten and Celtic were pretty good yet through good goalkeeping, luck, shite finishing and some decent defending, we kept it to 1-0 and never looked completely out of it.

Most notable negatives were how poor our passing was for the full 90 minutes, particularly from guys who usually have that as a strength such as Ojamaa and Vigurs.

Also, our movement off the ball when in possession is absolutely terrible. It's been like that this entire season. So many times players were made to look shite because no-one around them was looking for the ball.

One plus was that we did keep fighting. I've been critical of Ojamaa and Vigurs but they did cover some amount of ground when Celtic were in possession.

I'm all for giving off-form strikers a run of games to find the goal that ends the drought, but Erwin looked excellent and really needs a run of starts ahead of Sutton now.

Most notable negatives were how poor our passing was for the full 90 minutes, particularly from guys who usually have that as a strength such as Ojamaa and Vigurs.

Also, our movement off the ball when in possession is absolutely terrible. It's been like that this entire season.

You know those two facts might be related!

What pisses me off a bit though is when Ojamaa gives the ball away there is silence but when Vigurs gives the ball away 150 punters are out their seat giving him absolute pelters.

You know those two facts might be related!

What pisses me off a bit though is when Ojamaa gives the ball away there is silence but when Vigurs gives the ball away 150 punters are out their seat giving him absolute pelters.

^Well said that man^

Vigurs was shit today but ojamma gave the ball just as much and nothing gets said. Or lasley any other game and it's the same

Say what you want about Josh Law but I thought he helped us out defensively a lot today. You perhaps wouldn't have got that from Ainsworth.

Have to agree Law without being outstanding did a decent job for us today. There are players contributing a lot less than Law.

Lasley and Vigurs in the central midfield are both static and the teams screaming out for a mobile box to box midfielder Carswell could fit that role but needs to be given the chance. Missing Hamell at left back and still not found a partner for McManus at centre back. Ferguson after his performance for an hour today should get another chance he looked far more comfortable than Kerr I would have played Ainsworth up front with Ojamma against a big defence the mobility may have caused more problems than Sutton.

Have to agree Law without being outstanding did a decent job for us today. There are players contributing a lot less than Law.

Lasley and Vigurs in the central midfield are both static and the teams screaming out for a mobile box to box midfielder Carswell could fit that role but needs to be given the chance. Missing Hamell at left back and still not found a partner for McManus at centre back. Ferguson after his performance for an hour today should get another chance he looked far more comfortable than Kerr I would have played Ainsworth up front with Ojamma against a big defence the mobility may have caused more problems than Sutton.

Think we'll need to give ferguson a game with ramsden suspended and Kerr injured.

I thought Law wasn't bad, neither was ZFA, thought he did quite well, Forrest was very quiet, and I think Zaine deserves some credit for that.

McManus and Twardzik both had good games, there was a 10 minute spell where dan pulled off 3 or 4 great saves, and Celtic passed up some great chances.

Celtic should've been out of sight, but ended up hanging on.

Anyone seen the TV pics of the 3 penalty shouts?

Vigurs upped his work rate in the 2nd half, but he doesn't have the pace, fitness or work rate to be in the team, he's a luxury we can't afford