Motherwell V Dundee 21/02/15

Yabba's Turd

Would that be the same Long who got lobbed by a cross then didn't have a save to make the rest of the match? In all fairness though, he did command his area very well on the odd occasion a cross did come in.

The usual suspects would be going ballistic if Twardzik had conceded that goal.

He made a couple of decent saves but nothing out of the ordinary. His kicking was garbage at times though.

The whole thing, on the pitch, is fucked at the moment. That's how it feels.

The only redeeming part of today is that although I had Motherwell in my coupon I put Dundee to win on a single, following Ya Bezzer's post earlier, as safety net. Cheers Ya Bezzer!

It form means anything it was an absolute banker.

I repeat - Anthony Straker is the worst Motherwell player I have seen in my lifetime (i'm 25). Go back and watch Baracloughs interview when we signed him, talking about how "comfortable" he is at both left back and left midfield with a big grin on his face as if we've just unearthed a hidden gem. "Ian" can bite my shite, unbelievably out of his depth.

Absolutely this. If this is the level that Barra is happy with then we were rookedfrom rhe get go. It is looking like a Gannonesgue appointment with the key differencebeing that at least Gannon brought is some decent players.

Sadly it is probably too late to save us.

Ah well Championship he we come. cray.gif

Not even an attempt at goal today.

Laing looks like he should be in East 17.

Strakers performance today reminded me of the time the east stand sang christie christie get to fuck to the much maligned Kev christie.

Why did Dom thomas not play wide when he came on? Didn't get enough room in the centre.

Wherever Moore played today, well that isn't his position.

Erwin only one with pass marks for me today, more through effort than anything else.

Barraclough doesn't have a fucking clue, I have no doubt in my mind we are a worse team now than we were a few months ago under mccall.

I fear Pearson is our only hope now, him and a fit Hammell to shore things up.

As it stands, surely we are favourites to go down in 12th

Shite

1424544396[/url]' post='433134']

Fuck playing Rangers in a play off.

Rather finish bottom.

Still a few games to salvage it yet.

So you would rather finish bottom than have a 50/50 chance of staying up?????will you still be saying that if we do finish bottom?

I would take the play off , the extra money from tv and crowds and enjoy it , we might even survive

Where's your sense of adventure.?

Better and bigger teams than Motherwell have had to go through play offs

Don't think I can bring myself to watch the post match interview. That was an absolute shower today, no passion and absolute no battle or bottle for the fight thats in front of them. I watched on as Hibs self destructed last season but at one point they looked safe, we're looking anything but.

I try to remain level headed and avoid the hyperbole often associated with a fan's post match assessment, but that really felt like once of the worst team performances I have ever seen. Honestly, I still don't really know what the formation was supposed to be and it didn't seem like the players did either. They looked like absolute strangers out there with no communication and absolutely not link between defence and midfield. Playing three up front but without any width seems absolutely bizarre. Lasley appeared to be sitting in front of the defence but his natural instinct was to try and make himself an option for a pass, which no other player seemed to do. Was Erwin in a free role? Or was he just confused and ran around a whole lot. I really am dumbfounded by today's performance and tactics. The manager spoke about getting back to basics? In my mind that means setting up Craig Brown style with two banks of four, with strikers coming back to defend when required. It does not mean playing formations with which the players are unfamiliar and seemingly playing half of them out of position. We're exactly where we deserve to be if this is how we play. The new manager has my support for the next two home games, but his decisions are massively questionable. Can we get any worse? Well that's what we've done all season, so I think we probably can. You expect to see some progress, a small glimmer of hope, something that excites you but today there was nothing.

• Like 1

Formation was clear in my eyes.

4-2-3-1

Ramsden Laing McManus Ange Ouefio

Lasley Grant

Johnson Moore Erwin

Sutton

Erwin and Johnson kept changing and Lasley ran about like a headless chicken. Usually chasing his first touch......

That team looks decent on paper but tbh was utter utter gantin. Hope the injury to Johnson isn't too bad.

Thing that bothers me with these interviews is that he just tells us what the problems are. We know that bit, tell us how you're going to fix them, that is the specific reason we are paying you.

The way he is talking in his interviews he doesn't seem to recognise there is a massive difference between a 12 team, 38 game league with a split and a straight 26x2 league.

Dundee were prepared for us today, we were just trying a couple of things.

Baraclough looks finished in that interview. Hopefully its sunk in that he isn't up to it and he'll walk Monday morning.

Aye he looks scunnered right enough. Credit to Flow he also sounded pissed off and I felt a little tension in his interview.

Can't remember the question but stated we are talking about the same things every week and it doesn't change.

You're right. There should be more teams in the premierleagueship.

That might be the case but there's a difference between preparing a team in a league where you play everyone four times with very few midweek games and a league where you play everyone twice with loads of midweek games.

Paul Hatrley and Dundee had our number today. He probably knew what we would do better than IB.

Incidentally, I think Hartley is a very decent manager.

Getting the absolute maximum out of his pretty average bunch of players.

Seems like he has instilled a right good work ethic and professionalism within their team.

Saying that, they weren't much better than us today but the point rings true for the progress he has made with them in the last couple of years

I repeat - Anthony Straker is the worst Motherwell player I have seen in my lifetime (i'm 25). Go back and watch Baracloughs interview when we signed him, talking about how "comfortable" he is at both left back and left midfield with a big grin on his face as if we've just unearthed a hidden gem. "Ian" can bite my shite, unbelievably out of his depth.

laugh.gif He doesn't even look comfortable running!

Always like to try and find a positive where I can so...

Although watching football has often made me happy, rarely does it make me actually laugh, but watching Anthony Straker is absolutely hilarious.