Partick Thistle V Motherwell 11/04/15 - Huge Away Crowd Expected

Last post by:

I was actually thinking something similar earlier.

I've been going since I was about 7 in 1988 & have seen loads of things happen.

Remarkable the amount of clubs perceived to be bigger than us that have been relegated while we've kept our top flight status.

I wouldnt actually mind a year in the 1st division just for something different

The only issue is whether we could come straight back up

I appreciate you were only 7 at the time, but being stuck in the backwater leagues, isn't a pleasing experience, whether its for 1 season or several. If you want a year in the First Division (Championship, or whatever its called) go and follow someone else :cheese:

I appreciate you were only 7 at the time, but being stuck in the backwater leagues, isn't a pleasing experience, whether its for 1 season or several. If you want a year in the First Division (Championship, or whatever its called) go and follow someone else.

ha ha you love a Monday morning.

I think what you mean is, " in your opinion" it wouldn't be a pleasing experience.

To be fair to you at least you didn't go with the normal why don't you go & follow Rangers line.

This is probably for another thread but the reality is Rangers will be back at some point, Celtic & Rangers will argue it out every year.

We'll start with the same aspirations every single year, top 6 & a cup run & its boring boring boring

We finish 2nd in the league & people aren't happy

For me like i say it would just be something different ( probably be desperate to get back quickly though ) & i don't think its done Hearts any harm.

I'm assuming if we get relegated ul stick with us rather than following someone else

LOL - yeah Mondays' after a defeat aren't the best time for me - even after 50+ years. Ask anyone who actually remembers being relegated and I'm almost certain that you'll get the same answer - not only 'in my opinion'.

Ask a supporter of any of the teams stuck in that division whether it has been a 'pleasing experience' and where they would rather be. Whilst we as a country are a backwater in football terms, the only place to be is in the top division - that's why everyone below it wants to be in it and bursts a gut to get there.

Seriously I don't want to go there again - like postiejim, I've seen us relegated twice and don't want it again. if you want a change, pick a game in the lower divisions and pop-along, I just hope you don't get the experience with us.

Different - definitely; pleasant and enjoyable - I would doubt it (unless like Hearts you come straight back up).

• Like 1

LOL - yeah Mondays' after a defeat aren't the best time for me - even after 50+ years. Ask anyone who actually remembers being relegated and I'm almost certain that you'll get the same answer - not only 'in my opinion'.

Ask a supporter of any of the teams stuck in that division whether it has been a 'pleasing experience' and where they would rather be. Whilst we as a country are a backwater in football terms, the only place to be is in the top division - that's why everyone below it wants to be in it and bursts a gut to get there.

Seriously I don't want to go there again - like postiejim, I've seen us relegated twice and don't want it again. if you want a change, pick a game in the lower divisions and pop-along, I just hope you don't get the experience with us.

Different - definitely; pleasant and enjoyable - I would doubt it (unless like Hearts you come straight back up).

ha ha Monday mornings are definitely acceptable not to be the best.

Think you've summed up why i fancy the Championship, you obviously appreciate the top league much more because you've experienced the lower leagues.

While as recently ( apart from this season ) we've maybe been a bit spoiled with our league success.

Think a season in the Championship for me ( we'd need to come back after 1 though ) would probably give me a bit more excitement for the Premiership.

Although i could just be telling myself it will be alright if we go down ha ha