Whats Happened To The 'well Boys?

Big Stall

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now we've got the Eastend thing sussed...

Why Babycrew?

as there is an older group we are the younger group, the youth of ye like, so we wanted to be reconised as a youth by coming up with a name that had something that described a youth or young lads and Babycrew was menshioned so we just went with that name.

Ultra tag was dropped long ago, there was very few people who knew anything about "ultras".

Whats your knoweledge of ultras to know what is and what isn't?

To try and stay with a group who had let the auhtorities beat them( thats what happennend in my eyes with the back two rows rule) isn't ultra.

THAT IS A LOT OF SHITE,

those were the fucking rules, that's what pissed me off about the 'well boys,

i'm all for supporting the team, but thinking your above the law is wrong

There's the wider issue that, due to seating, there have been no role models for young fans to follow in the ways of being a fan. When I started going on the terraces I was 14 and aspired to be up the back of the choir. I hung about on the fringes and learned how to behave at matches through watching the older guys and eventually being accepted in through regular attendance and getting my face known, going to away games and generally worming my way in with group.

When seating was forced upon us that signalled the end of the choir, there was no focal point where fans would gather, consequently there was no ladder to work your way up. More importantly younger fans coming through didn't get to learn the ways of a football crowd, what songs were deemed acceptable, the kind of beahviour which would be frowned upon by the older guys.

These youngsters now are trying to recreate those days in a way but have no role models to point them on a path, all the auld yins on here slag them but they've had to make it up as they go along without the benefit of our experiences. I learned hunners about behaviour at games and whilst it was a different era, the basic principles of getting behind the team whilst not making yirsel look stupid with shite songs or patter were learned from those above me in the pecking order.

Sadly there's no-one going to show the way, the auld yins are too busy slagging Fizzy to bother with creating an atmosphere, very few want to get involved in standing up to the stewards leaving them isolated and probably feeling let down. I know if I needed a hand at any time there would be a good few ready to help me out back then, now it's every man for himself. I don't see the youngsters ever being allowed to recreate the atmospheres we used to enjoy, that's a thing of the past but hopefully they'll think more about the 'unacceptable' part of their behaviour which has some of us cringing. Not because it's young guys patter, it's just not funny I have to say, but like I say you have to learn these things through time and it's harder to do that on your own.

Mj that almost makes me change my mind,

good stuff

Would it not have been better to have "East Stand" as opposed to "East End" which makes me think of either Celtic or, at a push, Dunfermline?

To me it conjures up a picture of Dot Cotton pushing a pram round Albert Square.

True it is just a name, but the name needs to reflect the group, it needs a bit of dig to it. It doesn't even reference the club. The fact is the name is laughable and, by extension, so are they. I would suggest that if people are going to snigger whenever they hear the name, then it's definitely not having the right effect.

If the 'Well boys folded because of the back two rows rule, because they don't want to lay down to 'the man', then what exactly do you think you achieved by folding? Had you kept it going and reasonably policed your side of the bargain, you could've potentially gone back to the head steward/match commander and negotiated further rows, but if you think falling at the first hurdle makes you look cool and allows you to consider yourselves a sort of vigilante movement, then so be it. There's people a lot older than you that desperately cling onto a rebel image and lose all credibility as a result of their actions so I wouldn't feel too bad about it if I were you, but I think you've made the wrong decision.

Frazzle