Under 20's Beat Partick Thistle In The Youth Cup

David

A goal after 70 odd minutes from Robbie Leitch today saw us beat Thistle under 20's 1-0 at Fir Park.

The team was;

Morrison, McMillan, Ferguson, Maguire, Hall, Campbell, Watters, Leitch, Mackin, Hastie, Cadden

Subs: Potts, Falconer, Livingstone, Watt, Turnbull

We weren't really up to much in the first half, with Thistle doing most of the attacking, but we took over in the 2nd I feel.

Young Cadden looked to be head & shoulders above the rest from where I was sitting, and Hall & Leitch looked good as well. Perhaps also worth mentioning that the gaffer was there, so he's still in a job (for now, anyway).

Good to see Lasley on the park with the youngsters before the game as well.

• Like 1

Considering the team isn't really playing well at the moment I think he should be hammering that door down with a battering ram.

I think Craigan know a bit more about what it takes to step up then the posters on here. Look at Thomas. Cracking player, lots of potential, but inconsistent at best in the first team.

Happy to see him get broken in, as it were, but the U20s are never going to be a short term fix.

I think Craigan know a bit more about what it takes to step up then the posters on here. Look at Thomas. Cracking player, lots of potential, but inconsistent at best in the first team.

Happy to see him get broken in, as it were, but the U20s are never going to be a short term fix.

I was under the impression that guys like Cadden were going to be drafted in? Remember all the cutting of cloth and focusing on youth patter?

I seriously doubt that Cadden could do much worse than some of the impostors we have playing on a weekly basis.

He may not, but I wouldn't be looking at him to play a good 90 mins every week with any level of consistency.

90 minutes every week? Nope, but he should be involved in more first team games than not, be it from the bench or getting 60 minutes from the start. I honestly believe he's now at the point where he's past the under 20's by and needs to step it up a level.