2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

Last word on this topic.

I never said it was the basic wage. This all started with me pointing out that taxi drivers earn more than one particular MFC first team player.

Now, in the rush to shoot the messenger, you've just posted that £1,000 in a week is possible. I know that's possible as I was earning that in busy weeks twenty years ago. I know guys that own general hire taxis today that make £1200 a week. Some more.

The money I made in taxis set me up in business - I make more than that these days which is why I holiday six months of the year. Good for me.

The reason why there's been such a vitriolic reaction to this "taxigate," is that it's hit a nerve with some people. They can't handle the fsct that "mere," taxi drivers are on double or treble the money they are on. Some will be astonished by your post that a grand a week is on the cards.

It doesn't suit them to believe it - they prefer self delusion.

Anyway, thanks for proving me correct that taxi drivers make more than the £450 a week basic that one first team player is on at Fir Park

please do us all a favour and shut the fuck up about taxis unless the story involves Marvin Johnson getting in one to Brighton after payment of a 7 figure fee

Last word on this topic.

I never said it was the basic wage. This all started with me pointing out that taxi drivers earn more than one particular MFC first team player.

Now, in the rush to shoot the messenger, you've just posted that £1,000 in a week is possible. I know that's possible as I was earning that in busy weeks twenty years ago. I know guys that own general hire taxis today that make £1200 a week. Some more.

The money I made in taxis set me up in business - I make more than that these days which is why I holiday six months of the year. Good for me.

The reason why there's been such a vitriolic reaction to this "taxigate," is that it's hit a nerve with some people. They can't handle the fsct that "mere," taxi drivers are on double or treble the money they are on. Some will be astonished by your post that a grand a week is on the cards.

Anyway, thanks for proving me correct that taxi drivers make more than the £450 a week basic that one first team player is on at Fir Park

tumblr_nat6rcdyRe1qghl49o1_500.gif
  • Like 1

Last word on this topic.

A grand a week 20 year ago, set up your own business and holiday for 6 months a year...aye, good for you.

For all we know you could be a sad old wino sat in your piss stained joggers drinking Eldorado out a brown paper bag.

And you know the truth of it?

I don't think any of us really give a fuck !!!!

• Like 2

Kind of some up what I, for one and possibly the rest of us feel.

Those who boast of their success usually are deficient in other areas, so go and play with you tiny cock and wank furiously over a banking app.

Where ever you are on holiday, concentrate on finding an arrogant conceited muppet like yourself so as not to annoy others with your inane pish.

A grand a week 20 year ago, set up your own business and holiday for 6 months a year...aye, good for you.

For all we know you could be a sad old wino sat in your piss stained joggers drinking Eldorado out a brown paper bag.

And you know the truth of it?

I don't think any of us really give a fuck !!!!

It's certainly further justified the fact that taxi driving is a profession completely undeserving of tips, and on the few occasions I have to stoop low enough to share a car with one and use their "service", can continue to wait for my exact change to the penny safe in the knowledge that I'm doing the right thing. Thanks CMWellfan. :)

• Like 3

It's certainly further justified the fact that taxi driving is a profession completely undeserving of tips, and on the few occasions I have to stoop low enough to share a car with one and use their "service", can continue to wait for my exact change to the penny safe in the knowledge that I'm doing the right thing. Thanks CMWellfan. :)

Very good point.

According to my mum, tipping Taxi drivers was a thing in days gone by, as they'd help you with your bags etc.

If they're just running you to the pub, there's probably no need.

I'll tip if I've kept them waiting or asked them to make an extra stop, but for a quick run somewhere or if I think they've overcharged, I'll round up to the next full pound or not tip at all respectively.

I hate tipping, I never know when and how much to tip, I'm not very good at doing it and not very comfortable. It was one of the few things that I've really not enjoyed when I've been to America, as it's so ingrained in their culture. I'd rather just pay a slightly higher price and avoid any awkwardness. Also annoying when I'm away for work, as I can't claim tips back, but don't mind tipping waiting staff, but some folk I work with don't bother.