Scottish Premiership Inverness Caledonian Thistle V Motherwell Wed 28 Dec 19:45

Yabba's Turd

Inverness are 5 home matches without a win and only have one win in the last 12.

We have a pretty good record against the bottom 6 teams this season, finger crossed we can get at least a draw if not a win from this one.

Really need to turn 3 points up before the break and this is as good a place as any to make it happen.

We have a pretty good record against the bottom 6 teams this season, finger crossed we can get at least a draw if not a win from this one.

Really need to turn 3 points up before the break and this is as good a place as any to make it happen.

Yeah ptretty much my thoughts too. I hope the alcohol intake softens the pain if the worst case scenario occurs

Inverness are 5 home matches without a win and only have one win in the last 12.

Who was the win against?

These are 2 must not lose games not near to must win yet would just be happy to get through them unbeaten and see how many points we pick up .

Agree, anything less than 2 points and we have a dismal position to stew on throughout the winter break before returning to games against Rangers (x2), Ross County away, Hearts and away trips to Aberdeen and Celtic.

4 points from the next 2 games is an absolute must. Failure to get that will almost certainly see us bringing in 2017 bottom of the league and surely even the happiest of clappys questioning McGhees position.

Yes we desperately need points but as we're playing the two teams below us three points should see us avoid bottom spot at New Year.

Every time I go to reference a Mark McGhee press conference these days I have a mental image of weeyin in my head wagging a cautionary finger at me telling me not to believe everything you hear at a Mark McGhee presser. Yet it is hard to disbelieve the notion from yesterdays that these next couple of games are bordering upon the season defining.

I don't quite buy into the "must win" that gets demanded of the team every other game but these fixtures most certainly are a time where they need to stand up. You can criticise the senior players with some justification for some of the plights we've got ourselves into over the past few years but by the same token many of them have been involved in some big big matches for us where their contribution has helped us through - think the play-offs, winning the last three that culminated in that glorious day in Aberdeen, picking themselves off the floor after the Albion Rovers and Celtic debacles to win five on the bounce, recovering from where we were after the loss to Kilmarnock in February as some examples.

This to me feels like one of those times. A period where by hook or by crook they must be on their game collectively to get the results that desired and indeed required at Inverness and Hamilton.

• Like 1