Scottish Premiership Game 4: Hearts (H) Saturday 26/08/17

Yabba's Turd

kipre was immense in defence today, won everything. Moults looked well over the line to me. The team showing alot of spirit this season but we should have won by more today. Hearts looked pretty poor. Moult and Bowman look dangerous. Campbell looks to be a player. Great feeling to win today.

As a veteran of the 80's and 90's our matches against Hearts still have a lot more needle to them for me that perhaps for younger fans so I was absolutely delighted today to send those Hearts fans home with fuck all.

With the exception of the last five minutes or so when we did the usual and defended about 6 yards from the goal line, I enjoyed the match today. It was a well matched game, both teams had periods on top and the play ebbed and flowed and was played at a fair pace, albeit lacking quality a lot of the time. Overall though I thought we edged it and created more good chances to score.

The overall team performance was a bit mixed - great in some areas, good in others, poor in some - but the general performance was as good as I've seen for a while. Heneghan was good today but Kipre was absolutely immense, Bowman playing has helped out Moult massively, Cadden was good as well. And Louis was the difference between a win and a defeat - created one and his goal was absolutely superb.

On the down side - we were poor in the middle of the park today. McHugh has given the ball away with about 90% of his passes and Rose still has a lot to do to convince. The centre of midfield has been a real weakness this season which is odd as before the season we were probably looking at it as being a strength with McHugh and Bigirimana but both players need to improve on their showings so far.

• Like 2

I've always hated Hearts - even more than the bigot bros - so its really sweet to beat them. Terrific result and well-deserved. Great to see big Ryan Bowman getting on the scoresheet too as it will do wonders for his confidence now he's getting a decent run in the side. Onwards and upwards. COYW.

• Like 1

I am a republican: Kipre for king. He's tough as teak.

Thought we outfought them in the second half and Campbell was excellent again when he came on.

Good move for our first goal and delighted for Bowman. Classy finish by Louis too.

Was it over the line? I'm in the POD.

Team spirit looks good.

Usual dreadful BBC radio coverage: our game the only one without a manager's interview while Celtic game got over 15 minutes comment and interviews. Aberdeen are top but only mentioned in the last five minutes before Off The Ball.