retro kits

Neilwell86

On 2/25/2019 at 11:38 AM, rinkydink said:

If you've got the guy's ear, maybe the white Umbro away with the claret/amber panel across the chest could be the next project?  They've brought that template out for the Dundee home kit and Current Buns away previously I think.  

And the Watford kit immortalised by John Barnes

277D969B-7542-4CAA-8559-783D03ED342B.jpeg

I’ve been hunting google images for the white 86/87 away shirt and can’t find it.

I did find this though. Wasn’t this the inside front cover of every match programme?

This was the first season I started going regularly with my dad. I know I’m being a sad twat but my dad couldn’t afford to buy me that shirt or even a programme for every game so the memories associated to that picture alone are phenomenal. The excitement of a match day, the novelty of a programme and the magical feeling of falling in love with your football team.

7A0419D1-34BA-4ED9-B2C1-89E09627B855.jpeg

1 minute ago, Gadgey said:

I’ve been hunting google images for the white 86/87 away shirt and can’t find it.

I did find this though. Wasn’t this the inside front cover of every match programme?

This was the first season I started going regularly with my dad. I know I’m being a sad twat but my dad couldn’t afford to buy me that shirt or even a programme for every game so the memories associated to that picture alone are phenomenal. The excitement of a match day, the novelty of a programme and the magical feeling of falling in love with your football team.

7A0419D1-34BA-4ED9-B2C1-89E09627B855.jpeg

I shared this image with him months ago. It’s a great ad featuring our 100 year anniversary top.

12 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

I’m happy to approach the guy, however, I will require some decent images of our 1986-87 white Umbro away top for anything to happen.

Does anyone still have their replica from 30+ years ago that they could photograph?

Was it ever sold as a replica?  Have vague memory of seeing a pic of someone having a player issued one and wearing it on holiday (maybe in OSB or one of Matt's books?).

20 minutes ago, rinkydink said:

Was it ever sold as a replica?  Have vague memory of seeing a pic of someone having a player issued one and wearing it on holiday (maybe in OSB or one of Matt's books?).

I’m not sure as it was an odd time for Motherwell replica kit (there have been a few of those over the years). I can’t find a single image that it even existed, maybe we have all just imagined it? :lol:

Just now, underboyleheating said:

I’m not sure as it was an odd time for Motherwell replica kit (there have been a few of those over the years). I can’t find a single image that it even existed, maybe we have all just imagined it? :lol:

Ha, possibly.  Would have been very rarely worn in those days as well, unlike the current approach to away kits!

Just now, rinkydink said:

Ha, possibly.  Would have been very rarely worn in those days as well, unlike the current approach to away kits!

Yes it is odd. There are loads of pics of the home kit from that era  but the away is elusive. If anybody has pictures of us playing Dundee United from the time there will be a chance we wore it then. Any programme collectors on here care to check?

Was recently gifted this immaculate 89/90 home shirt. 

Don't know much about its history, but think it's a genuine official squad shirt. 

Mate who gave it to me is from Hamilton and says his old man and Davie Coopers were friends, so likely from that connection, but don't think there's any real way of authenticating. 

Either way, I'm fkn delighted with it. 

IMG-20190209-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20190209-WA0001.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

Interesting that the Ian Skelly logo is different on that replica. It’s written in one line on the players shirt and over two on the replica.

That's what you found interesting in that picture?

Shirt geek! :P

• Like 1

4 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

Interesting that the Ian Skelly logo is different on that replica. It’s written in one line on the players shirt and over two on the replica.

Could it be like that because  the Ian Skelly emblem - as seen below - was over two lines  

DBC92CA7-0C67-4AC4-AB48-11AD8782277E.jpeg