Euro Away Day

fergie26

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only worry I would have with N.I would be getting there and back being so near the 12th July.

Most ferries and planes will be full well in advance for that week, so hopefully if we get there we are away first.

I'm totally the opposite from most people. If the away leg was on the 9th it would depend where it was on whether I would make it or not, and after missing out on the Nancy trip last year due to other things that had been arranged before hand I don't think I'd cope with missing out :(

I'll also most definitely miss the first leg of the next round should we go through. If we played away second leg in the first round and then away first in the second round I'd be heartbroken. :(

Only worry I would have with N.I would be getting there and back being so near the 12th July.

Most ferries and planes will be full well in advance for that week, so hopefully if we get there we are away first.

With the 12th being a sunday the walk will be on the 13th shouldnt really affect these games.I went to the crusaders v well friendly 3 years ago and the locals coudnt have been nicer although Linfield are probably a different prospect

I think you're right Frazzle. I'm sure the walk in Scotland is the 4th which would make Ireland's the following week.

I would prefer N.I out of anywhere to go, but if it's going to create problems for us getting there and back I'll happily take somewhere in Wales!

And yes, a wee bit ahead of ourselves...but where's the harm? :nod:

Talk about jumping the gun with this conversation!

Steady on eh? Talk about an away to NI and guns takes the sheen off it.

If we end up there, it would be nice though. Loved it last time. I think. Fuck knows. Not sure I was there. Only way to tell was sunburn and a hole in my bank account.

Steady on everybody, good fun to talk about this an' all. But the criteria is so loose there is more than a fair chance that we might well not get this place. It's not all just down to Red or Yellow cards.

Barring a riot on Saturday I would be very surprised if we missed out. Unless some people were hopelessly misinformed and that includes the media. A few weeks back it was between Motherwell, St Mirren and Hibs. In that time we have picked up a few more cards than St Mirren but a hell of a lot less than Hibs. Yet in the total (season) card total we are still ahead of St Mirren albeit marginally.

Yet we have scored about a dozen more goals than St Mirren, have won more games and have a lot more league points, so you would think we would be scoring better than them in the positive attacking football stakes/points. As for Hibs not quite fathoming that one out. They have picked up 20+ more yellow cards - yet are on roughly the same points.

As long as we have no-one sent off and pick up only a couple of yellow cards we should be safe. If not then there is something very rotten going on.

I really don't think we will see a pitch invasion tomorrow.

Not been one for the past 2 seasons, so why would anyone run on now. Especially knowing the damage it could do to our European hopes? I like to think that nobody would want to jepordise us getting into Europe.