Europe, Here We Come!

Guest 'Flow

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of points - Iceland - very expensive, maybe not so much now that the economy has gone belly up.

That Moldovan team - Dinamo Bender. That is on the edge of Transnistria, which is a bit dodgy.

Really think I'd rather get a wee jaunt to Ireland for this one. Or Malta. Malta in the sun, drinking Cisk and watching the Well would be ace. be able to get a wee package deal on that one too.

T in the Park starts the thursday of the second leg. Hoping to fuck the second lef is at home so I can get a lift straight up to T after the game!

Mind though, they close the campsite at a certain time each night so make sure you get up there on time!

I'll be at T from the Thursday so will probably just watch it on a portable telly if it's on BBC or head in to a pub in Kinross where it will probably be on.

Couple of points - Iceland - very expensive, maybe not so much now that the economy has gone belly up.

That Moldovan team - Dinamo Bender. That is on the edge of Transnistria, which is a bit dodgy.

Really think I'd rather get a wee jaunt to Ireland for this one. Or Malta. Malta in the sun, drinking Cisk and watching the Well would be ace. be able to get a wee package deal on that one too.

For me I would go to Wales, Ireland, Estonia, Luxembourg, Faroes or Malta. There is more than a 50/50 chance of that happening. As for the rest which include Armenia, Montenegro & Kazakhstan :nod:

Due to the Norway game and the playoffs (when we get there!) I'll only be able to go to anywhere cheap and easily reached - from both a finances & annual leave point of view.

So I'm hoping for Lisburn Distillery in the first qualifying round!

Hello,

As per my previous post, these are the countries we are could visit as we are a seeded team.

Macedonia, Azerbaijan, Estonia, Albania, Kazakhstan, Armenia, Faroe Islands, Wales, Northern Ireland, Luxembourg, Montenegro, Malta.

As far as I know there won't be the usual split of Northern and Central/Med fixtures, which would mean we could be travelling far.

These are the unseeded countries in the 1st qualifying round each having two teams, apart from Macedonia, which only has one.

Everywhere is okay with the exception of Azerbaijan, Albania and Kazakhstan and of course Wales :nod:

I'm hoping for a wee trip to Malta, top up the tan!

Well Well Suprawell

:nod: Happy Days!!

I'm really not bothered my hoop who we get. If it is somewhere far away I doubt I could afford it but then if it is Ireland or Wales I will be working if the first leg is away from home so I'll just leave it to the luck of the draw and that'll be it.

'Mon the 'Well - Europe 2 seasons in a row!!!

Germany please, Germany please .....lalalalalala...oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm

:lol::nod::):):):)

Ye can make do with Luxembourg, it's close enough.

Otherwise wait til we make the 4th Qualifying Round til we come up against the Germans.

Great News Today!

I'm not too keen on anywhere east of Prague. Although I dont fancy another 24hr bus journey like Amsterdam...........are you going to organise the flights 'Gaag?!?!? :nod:

Jesus naw! That was messy!!

It's my understanding that the 1st & 2nd Rounds will be regionalised so therefore our 1st Round Game will probably be against someone from Wales, Northern Ireland, Faroe Islands or Luxembourg.

I am sure that has been scrapped, due to the entire re-jig of the two tournaments (Intertoto + UEFA Cup).

Is it on the UEFA site that it is regionalised? Makes a helluva lot of sense to do so.

As someone points out, we and our opponents can't realistically be able to afford to play someone from Eastern Kazakhstan at such an early stage. Common sense hopefully means it is indeed regionalised.

There's no official confirmation of format even on uefa.com as far as i can see.

The Second Round draw is also the 22nd June, so they will have some form of complex Regional Groupings to do both draws.

If not, we could end up playing in Kazakhstan in both 1st & 2nd Round(they have sides in both rounds) which doesn't make good finanical sense at a time when the world is in recession. :nod:

Looks like Falkirk will have a short european tour

UEFA_Europa_League_2009%E2%80%9310#Qualifying_rounds

I would prefer to be in ours and Dons position, better chance of getting a run.

I believe all Scottish sides will be seeded up until final Qualifying Round, thanks to Scotland's ranking.

Falkirk could start in either 2nd Round or Play-off Round depending on result of Cup Final