Club Meeting With Wellboys

wellboy60

The meeting has been instigated by representatives of the club. Both the Trust and the Wellboys were asked to attend. It is not the case that the Trust is “jumping on the Wellboys bandwagon”. Indeed, the Trust have been looking to meet with the match commander in recent months.

I think it's clear that there are issues with policing, stewarding and segregation beyond Section E of the East Stand and we'll be looking to discuss these during the meeting. As a result, the Trust and the Wellboys will want to focus on separate issues during the meeting, however from what I've seen from the Wellboys there are a number of common themes.

It makes sense to meet and clarify the points which we will look to make on the evening, this will ensure that we make the most of this opportunity. By meeting up beforehand I would think we'll be more likely to reach a mutually beneficial outcome.

Incidentally, I am more than happy to take PMs or e-mails to philip@welltrust.net on anything that people would like to see raised at this meeting. Let me assure you that the Trust will do all we can to raise relevant points next week.

I hope that 2009 will see a new start for the Trust. As Frazzle has stated elsewhere on the boards do not judge the current board on what has happened in the past, judge us in what we're doing now.

Here’s to a productive meeting on Monday.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys ,

Meeting is now confirmed with match commander.

I have sent Trust/Wellboys confirmation of date/time/location by PM.

All that is required is that I have a clear and concise agenda to forward to the club/the match commander prior to the meeting and I have been asked to have this by Friday.

Here's looking forward to a productive meeting.

I think it's clear that there are issues with policing, stewarding and segregation beyond Section E of the East Stand

All of which are caused by the policing and stewarding of the East Stand.

I would urge the officials to ask themselves ..... when was the last time there was any trouble inside Fir Park, (apart from Skippy Sunday when the Club sold home section tickets to Celtic supporters) ?

many of the 40's+ members of the forum will remember the bad old days, (when even the visit of Raith Rovers saw trouble in the shed), and will no doubt share my opinion that the current police and stewards in FP aint exactly stretched on match days.

Mountains out of molehills

No offence mate, but the trust just comes across to me as a bit of a joke and one meeting doesn't make you heroes.

Dont know why, but anytime I hear of the Trust (in saying that most other clubs' versions also) I am reminded of the Life of Brian sketch at the end..... though replacing "I'm Brian of Nazerath" with "I'm Motherwell's best fan"......."No I'm Motherwell's best fan" etc. Egomaniacs in my humble, yet sincere opinion.

Not much constructive to say I may add, yet my tuppence worth nonetheless.

I really hope that the wellboys are looking for more than just to stand up because I think they will just be hit will rules and regulations as to why they are not allowed to stand. Can any of you see the police tearing up procedures?

What would happen if at the next Rangers or Celtic game all of the South stand stood and when told to sit down they pointed at the East stand and said "but they're standing so go f*ck youselfs".

Personally I'd like to see a standing area reinstated at Fir Park but where?

The only two options I can see are:

In front of the Main stand - can't see either the Wellboys or the Club liking this option.

Where the Wellboys "sit" at the moment - but how can this be done without restricting the view of others further along in the East stand?

I think that they may get a bit of a shock when they come into this meeting. The stewards/police are not going to give into every demand made. Be alot of give and take which I dont see being too popular.

Will be very good to hear what is gained out of the meeting but I have a feeling that respect is required on both sides for any movement forward to take place.

The only time that there is any lack of respect is when the motherwell fans, as a whole, and our group are treated differently from any visiting fan base. Such as like you said if the whole south stands and they refuse to sit because of us then it works the same way as well which is something that i hope this meeting will have a barring on.

There is also a great inconsistancy between stewarding week in week out this needs to be addressed as without the same rules/regulations being put in place every game and being enforced then what is the point in having them. For example i have stood and bounced about for the full 90 mins at an old firm game without Question (at FP) but then weeks after at a hibs/kille game i am told to sit down and being threated with ejections, for nothing different from what was done weeks previous.

Everyone from my side is well aware that it is not, as said before, a points scoring excersie. Common ground must be found between us and officials and we need to deal with the issues that we have with officials and the issues the officials have with the way we support our team. To the extent that will be achiveable through this meeting.

There is a simple answer.... sit down at all games.

It is the law, that why Motherwell had to invest all that cash in seats and why Partick couldn't use half their ground Standing is not allowed.

Do i like seating at games? not really but i appreciate that's what has to happen for safety.

Am i sick of people standing at games? you better believe it. it's not a good feeling when someone is standing behind you and hanging over you. it is also a right pain in the ass when folk stand in front of you and you can't see what's going on.

I am not daft enough to say people should sit on their hands for 90 mins and not make a sound but the seats are there for a reason, and while Motherwell, Stewards and police may sympathise their hands are tied.

Lee

I understand where you are comming from and i would be more than happy to sit down, if everyone is sitting. But if Other fans of the same team or different team are being allowed to and i am not then that is where the problem arises. It is simply discrimination between other sets of fans. And if it is not that then it is incompetant fools not doing their jobs properly.

ive been going to fir park for nearly 30 years and we have always been second class citizens so i wish you well in your meeting although since our club treats mould firm supporters with more respect than us i dont fancy your chances

FWIW I'm sick of the way fans have been conditioned into just accepting what they're told. We had zero consultation when seats were brought in but common sense has meant little enforcement of the standing rule. What changed recently to make this #1 priority needs looked at cos the previous implementation really didn't need changed. There are times when fans need to be allowed to act like fans, that means to me, singing, chanting, carrying on, having a laugh, getting behind their team. Not necessarily the way I behave at games now but certainly younger elements should be allowed to enjoy their day out in a manner befitting fitba fans.

Sitting on yir hauns for 90 minutes is not what I expect to be enforced by the proper authorities, they're not causing trouble yet are being criminalised for doing what should be treated as a matter of course for supporters.