121 Years

Special aka

Not too shabby at all, and I suspect Aberdeen are only so high due to the Alex Ferguson era, so to only trail the Glasgow giants and the two clubs from the capital over the course of a century is good going.

I agree,best of the rest outwith the city clubs.

Aberdeen were handy pre-Fergie. they'd won the league in the 50's and had a lot of cup success. The also had a fine team in the early 70's but were overshadowed by an exciting Hibs team and late period Stein Celtic. But yeah,the Fergie era is no doubt worth a lot of their points in that table.

It would be good to see a more up to date one. Say the last 20 or 30 years as it's silly still seeing Queen's Park in the top 15 clubs because they have won the Scottish Cup more times than anyone else outside the Old Firm despite not winning it since 1893 (10 wins and 2 Runner Up). The two FA Cups, where they were runner ups twice are probably also accounted for too

It would be good to see a more up to date one. Say the last 20 or 30 years as it's silly still seeing Queen's Park in the top 15 clubs because they have won the Scottish Cup more times than anyone else outside the Old Firm despite not winning it since 1893 (10 wins and 2 Runner Up). The two FA Cups, where they were runner ups twice are probably also accounted for too

20yrs in top flight = 40pts + 6 for Cup win ................. 46pts for last 20 years. By my reckoning we'd be = with Aberdeen but above Hibs and R Shyte, but behind the Mauldeez and the Jambos.

20yrs in top flight = 40pts + 6 for Cup win ................. 46pts for last 20 years. By my reckoning we'd be = with Aberdeen but above Hibs and R Shyte, but behind the Mauldeez and the Jambos.

Does that mean we would be in the same place if we were battling relegation every year, only just staying up?

Theres a better table, with games played/goals scored etc.

Can't just pick and choose what parts of history you'd ike to remember though can you? Queens Park deserve their place for their achievements no matter how long ago same as we deserve the place we have. Actually remember no too long ago our rightful place was 9th so recent history has us punching above our weight but some will say returning to our natural position. :ph34r:

The table shows 7 teams have never been relegated...

As for technicalities there would only be 5 teams never relegated if it wasn't for technicalities - don't see people bringing up the fact towards Aberdeen. Still as the table shows, the history book doesn't show the technicality