Eddiesteelman

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Paul-Slane-Motherwell-2009-pa2_2353463.jpgstephen_pearson_home.jpg

Don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out, son.

Either way, it only suggests to me that he's not the type of guy I'd want in my dressing room.

Harsh, but fair.

early indications suggest that he is injury prone and, if I was being harsh, arrogant and a potential unsettling influence.

If he thinks he's good enough to even mull over a (presumably) three year deal, then he's arrogant and thick.

I would suspect his agent/family are filling his head with nonsense but, then again, that would be jumping to conclusions aswell.

But again, that is only the case if the rumours are correct. As it stands, we have no real reason to believe or disbelieve them.

I don't think I'm being OTT negative, but every noise we've heard has been a negative one, and they do say there's no smoke without fire. I'm not saying that the stories are true, and I hope they're not, even if you think it makes me look like a dick.

At least what I'm saying, whether it's harsh, uncalled for or whatever, is structured and considerred. Your posts on the matter have lent nothing to the debate, so I'm afraid that I've reached the conclusion that you, my friend, are the idiot.

the idiot prize in this thread is surely destined for your matlepiece.

Time will tell. I assume if he 'does a Pearson', you'll be posting a grovelling apology to me?

i doubt he will do a pearson. my problem with pearson was that he effectively withdrew his labour and forced us to sell him at a knock down price in the winter window when if he'd have kept up his october/november form til may we could have went to tribunal and got at least as much money for him.

if slane does everything asked of him until the end of the season then goes to celtic i'd have no complaints. it would be a boot in the balls for the fans but at the same time if he suffered a career ending injury the contract would be off the table and he'd be forgotten about.

At least what I'm saying, whether it's harsh, uncalled for or whatever, is structured and considerred. Your posts on the matter have lent nothing to the debate, so I'm afraid that I've reached the conclusion that you, my friend, are the idiot.

I am really having trouble understanding how anyone could expect or even make a structured or considered post in a rumour thread, particularly when the majority of my posts have been in response to one of the worst posts I have witnessed on this board. What do you really expect? Your post with slane & Pearson certainly did not merit a considered reply as it was to be frank the workings of either a madman or more likely someone who is nothing more than a mouthpiece wanting to come across as acting like the big man.

As for your own postings, how you could consider either an unqualified attack on one of our young starlets, based upon nothing but rumour and your own very blinkered interpretation of events, or question his consistency given he has only played a handful of games, either structured or considered is beyond me.

As for the idiot comment; If that is the case, then it would appear I won't be lonely posting on this site.

I am really having trouble understanding how anyone could expect or even make a structured or considered post in a rumour thread, particularly when the majority of my posts have been in response to one of the worst posts I have witnessed on this board. What do you really expect? Your post with slane & Pearson certainly did not merit a considered reply as it was to be frank the workings of either a madman or more likely someone who is nothing more than a mouthpiece wanting to come across as acting like the big man.

As for your own postings, how you could consider either an unqualified attack on one of our young starlets, based upon nothing but rumour and your own very blinkered interpretation of events, or question his consistency given he has only played a handful of games, either structured or considered is beyond me.

As for the idiot comment; If that is the case, then it would appear I won't be lonely posting on this site.

How on earth am I acting the big man? If anything, it's yourself who has came on and started throwing the personal insults about. All I'm saying is that if Slane has refused to sign a contract because he thinks he's worth more than Forbes et al, or because he's holding out for a move to Celtic, then I don't think much of him. If this was a year down the line and he'd given us a good consistent season of performances then I wouldn't be as annoyed, but given that this whole debate is based on two performances then it's ridiculous that he thinks so highly of himself. If that is the case, then what sort of attitude will he have on him once he's actually done something decent in the SPL?

Are you getting it yet?

How on earth am I acting the big man? If anything, it's yourself who has came on and started throwing the personal insults about. All I'm saying is that if Slane has refused to sign a contract because he thinks he's worth more than Forbes et al, or because he's holding out for a move to Celtic, then I don't think much of him. If this was a year down the line and he'd given us a good consistent season of performances then I wouldn't be as annoyed, but given that this whole debate is based on two performances then it's ridiculous that he thinks so highly of himself. If that is the case, then what sort of attitude will he have on him once he's actually done something decent in the SPL?

Are you getting it yet?

I think there is only one person who doesn't get it.

Not sure what world you live in, but if I was Slane and someone was comparing me to Pero in that manner, I would class that as an insult. Especially considering that you essentially pulled your justifications out your arse with nothing to back them up.

I agree with real dosser. HOTD for this pish!

It's not my rumour. Someone else posted it and I've already said there's nothing to suggest that it's true.

So you can put your burning torches down and get off my lawn ya shower of heid-bangers!

The rumour was a good one if i recall correctly - that he see's his short to medium term future at Motherwell.

It was you that weighed in with the unnecessary nonsense!

Look, there's two possibilities here.

Firstly, Slane wants to play for Motherwell and is choking to sign the contract and red tape or Motherwell is holding up the deal. Quite possible, and I hope that's the case.

Secondly, the contract has been sitting on the table for weeks and he hasn't signed it because for whatever reason, he doesn't want to.

That is the only two possible situations at the moment, and none of us know which of those scenarios are correct. But, being football fans on a football forum, we speculate. You have no right to take the morale high ground over me, much the same as I have no right to take it over you because both of us know exactly HEE-HAW about the situation. However, being football fans on a football forum, we naturally jump to our own conclusions about what's going on because we're not being told by anyone 'in the know'. That's fine.

The conclusion you're jumping to is that he's dying to sign the contract and is committed to Motherwell. That's absolutely fine, your perogative and I sincerely hope you're right. But what I suspect is that he's not signing the contract because he wants more money and/or a move to Celtic. I have based my suspicions on the rumours about McGhee doing a deal last season, McCart trying to poach him, etc and the ever-increasing negative effect that agents are having on the game. I could be a mile out, but those factors are what I'm basing it on - not 'pulling it out my arse' as you so poetically put it.

You could be right, I could be wrong. Or I could be right and you could be wrong. That's what rumours and debates are all about so there's no need to get so wound up about it.

And I'm not back-tracking. If the rumours are true, and I do admit that is a big 'If' then I am firmly in the camp that says he can GTF. Of course, there's people who will defend him as long as he's a Motherwell player and I can understand that school of thought and they're entitled to have it - I just don't share it.

If the rumours aren't true, then I hope he turns out to be the next Johnny Gahagan/Davie Cooper and I will cheer him on all the way.

If Paul Slane turns out to be a card holding member of the Ku Klux Klan, and also a vampire who devours babies in the night while singing "Does yer chewing gum lose it's flavour on the bedpost over-night", then im never letting my wee granny gobble him again! Ungrateful wee shite that he is! What a cunt!

Now I do admit that's a big if, but...

Can we let this post die a death. The same stuff is being posted time and time again with Frazzle having to defend himself after every post. He gave an opinion, people disagreed with his opinion and told him so. That is the beauty of a living in a democratic country. Lets move on. PLEASE

Look, there's two possibilities here.

Firstly, Slane wants to play for Motherwell and is choking to sign the contract and red tape or Motherwell is holding up the deal. Quite possible, and I hope that's the case.

Secondly, the contract has been sitting on the table for weeks and he hasn't signed it because for whatever reason, he doesn't want to.

That is the only two possible situations at the moment, and none of us know which of those scenarios are correct. But, being football fans on a football forum, we speculate. You have no right to take the morale high ground over me, much the same as I have no right to take it over you because both of us know exactly HEE-HAW about the situation. However, being football fans on a football forum, we naturally jump to our own conclusions about what's going on because we're not being told by anyone 'in the know'. That's fine.

The conclusion you're jumping to is that he's dying to sign the contract and is committed to Motherwell. That's absolutely fine, your perogative and I sincerely hope you're right. But what I suspect is that he's not signing the contract because he wants more money and/or a move to Celtic. I have based my suspicions on the rumours about McGhee doing a deal last season, McCart trying to poach him, etc and the ever-increasing negative effect that agents are having on the game. I could be a mile out, but those factors are what I'm basing it on - not 'pulling it out my arse' as you so poetically put it.

You could be right, I could be wrong. Or I could be right and you could be wrong. That's what rumours and debates are all about so there's no need to get so wound up about it.

The problem being, that I don't believe anyone here suggested he was dying to sign.

Gannon himself said he was busy working on Forbes and Hutch first and foremost before he moved on to Slane and Saunders.

The issue most people have here is that you have decided, without justification that he is intent on whoring himself out. No-one is suggesting that he is claret and amber through and through, only that you shouldn't be launching into those kind of baseless attacks.