Goals You Celebrated The Most

likely_lad

2 against the Jambos for me.

Fizzy's at Easter road in the semi was immense just for the sheer joy of being in the final.

Porter's equaliser at Tynecastle in the first game back after Uncle Phil. I don't think a goal's ever meant as much to me as that one did. Nearly fell down the stand celebrating!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Ally Graham hit the bar from about 30 yards that day?

He did. Was a shot from down the left wing towards the goal at their Pavillion end.

I remember that being a right good day and E-I-O Down you go Airdrie! Airdrie!

a particularly popular ditty that afternoon.

Like most other folk - Fitzpatrick against Hearts.

Watched the Motherwell V Celtic 4-4 game on holiday in an Irish bar and 5 or 6 of us were running round the pub when Kinnirburgh put us 4-3 up with about 5-10 mins to go. We were heading for a doing if it wasn't for their late goal I reckon.

More recently, Porter's goal against Aberdeen to secure europe.

However, I don't remember going as mental as I did for Smiths penalty save against Nancy. Couped down about 3 rows.

Watched the Motherwell V Celtic 4-4 game on holiday in an Irish bar and 5 or 6 of us were running round the pub when Kinnirburgh put us 4-3 up with about 5-10 mins to go. We were heading for a doing if it wasn't for their late goal I reckon.

That raised a smile with me. I was in Tunisia in a Liverpool bar full of Shellic fans and they fair let me know at half-time how things were going. Thought me health had expired when Kinni put us 4-3 up (I somewhat roared uncontrollably) as there were some grumblings going on all around me though, as you say, their late leveller (still maintain Hartson fouled in the lead up) seemed to placate them a bit.

He did. Was a shot from down the left wing towards the goal at their Pavillion end.

That’s what I remember too....plus a few choruses of Vera Lynn’s “We’ll meet again”, sadly it was my final visit to Broomfield :wallbash:

...another goal that sticks in my mind was scoring a 3rd at Aberdeen (cannae remember who scored it) in 2001/2002 and running towards the cage to celebrate only to run into someone's seat that had remained in the sitting position...god that hurt ma shin, plus the game ended 3 all.

Forbes' against Steaua

The Dukes against Midden last week.

Does Smith's penalty save against Nancy count?

Lappin's against Celtic.

Dazza's against Aberdeen.

Equaliser against Hearts in the cup.

Jim Hamilton's wonder goal against Celtic.

According to TV evidence, your greatest celebration appeared to have been Dougie Arnott's first in the 3-0 thrashing we gave Rangers a fortnight before we won the cup. Certainly looked like you enjoyeed it on the telly Andy :lol:

Kirkys goal v The Great Unwashed in 91 semi final

Junior Burns winner at Ibrox (20 years ago :) )

Faddy's goal v The currant buns at hampden( thought i was gonna have a heart attack :) )

Bobby Russell trademark shimmy shimmy winner at the Tattie Bowl to win two one(get it up ye Billy McNeil)

Willie Irvines goal at Tynecastle to deny Hearts promotion on last day of season :D

A few other ones spring to mind are Tommy Coyne scoring against Rangers in the Cup in the game that Woods sold the jerseys. It was a delightful move between Dougie Arnott, Coyle and Coyne himself where they passed their way through their defence before Coyne slotted past Goram and then just stood in front of the Rangers support with his arms aloft grinning at them.

Then there was McMillan's chest down and volley from an impossible angle against Hibs at Fir Park, Kevin Twaddle's winner at Celtic Park and Tony Thomas scoring from the edge of the box against Hearts in the Scottish Cup 3rd Round in the game where Andy Goram made his debut for us and we won 3-1.

Apart from the goals in the 1991 Cup Final,which are still being celebrated even now ;) All 3 goals in the 1976 Scottish Cup game v Celtic,2-0 down at half time only to score 3 in the 2nd half,first time Celtic had been put out in the 3rd round if I remember right and oh the joy of going to school(St Aidans High) on the Monday. :nod:

Jim Hamilton's vs Celtic cause it's probably the best goal I've ever seen in the flesh at Fir Park (or maybe any other stadium for that matter) ever!! Truly stunning.

Did go mental at Skippy Sunday, as I did at '91 Cup final but they are obvious choices - also Fizzy against the FHW in CIS semi.

If we are talking in general, not just Motherwell, has to be Ole Gunnar Skolskjaer Champions League winner, Coistys goal for Scotland against Switzerland in Euro '96 (we were going through....until Kluiverts 87th minute goal against En-ger-lund) and McFadden versus Holland in World Cup play off at Hampden and ofcourse this.....

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

;):woop::nod::woop::notworthy: