Time To Go Gannon!

Blakey

I don't think we NEED to do anything - other than stay up.

We all knew this young team would have a bad spell and we take a fair few humpings. Its amazing that it hasn't happened up till now. We'll come back from it stronger - maybe on Sat maybe not.

Folk need to go away and change their breeks.

Time to keep yer tights dry people

I think the panic reaction is a wee bit OTT. If anything Gannon has raised expectations with the first couple of months and our results and performances during this time.

That said there is no getting away from the fact that the next 4-6 weeks will probably define our season. Games v all the bottom 6 sides and ICT away in the cup. We can accept defeats to Celtic, Rangers and Hibs away as they have much greater resources - ok the 6 goals against us on Saturday was concerning, but in truth after the way they beat Utd at Tannadice I feared a 3/4 goal defeat :lol:

I think Gannon has done a decent job so far and ALL OF US would have taken 5th place at Xmas time. I think we have a decent team and Slane and Hutchison will add to this having returned from long term injuries.

I hope we are in a position to win at least 3-4 of the next 6 games. That said I think we also understand that no wins in the games v St J, Jambos and Hamilton and we are in a worrying decline. My worry is the fact that our team is young and will be up against seasoned pros who will battle and foul their was through these games and more importantly give them little or no time on the ball. Time to roll the sleeves up. Are we too soft?? It is all very well being top of the fair play league - but I would rather we were near the bottom and sitting in 5th or 6th come the end of the season.

Here's hoping we pick up a few vital wins to kick start the season and try to consolidate our place in the top 6.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should we lose Ruddy and lukas then we lose Ruddy and lukas.

I remember when we lost McFadden. Thought we were doomed. Also remember when we lost skippy. Who the hell was gonna step up and get the goals?? Most recently, when we lost Clarkson, Hughes, Quinn, Klimpl, Buzz, Bob Malcolm...(aye im joking about Malcolm), that was us lucky to win a f*kin point all season. Im not gonna start panicking now.

We're sitting 5th, we've won 4 games all season which is relatively poor but just now its on par with Aberdeen and Hearts. We've lost 4 games compared to Aberdeen's 6 and Hearts 7. If you told me at xmas we'd be on par and even ahead of these two teams then i'd say thats sensational with the squad we have. We have just came through a spell playing the four teams above us, who have better players than us and bigger squads. We now have a good run of games, minus Hearts at tynecastle, coming up and the following month will give us a better insight into how the rest of the season will go. The '7 points or else relegation battle' line is nonsense.

Gannon is not without his flaws. He is still essentially a young manager. He brings some interesting ideas, however he will not get everything right. He has made some poor decisions the last few weeks, imo. Some down to naivety with the press, some with his team choice. He's Jim Gannon, he's not lord jesus christ. With what he has had work with he has done a good job and has raised everyones expectations.

If we get into February and we're 2 points ahead of falkirk sitting in 11th, i'll eat my own arse!

It's not time to go but it IS time to pick his strongest team. Think he has thrown in some youngsters against Celtic and Rangers as we weren't expecting too much so it was maybe a chance to see what the kids could offer?? Now were back to the meat n' potatoes games hopefully he will go back to a solid selection.

It's not time to go but it IS time to pick his strongest team. Think he has thrown in some youngsters against Celtic and Rangers as we weren't expecting too much so it was maybe a chance to see what the kids could offer?? Now were back to the meat n' potatoes games hopefully he will go back to a solid selection.

Of course he will, can't believe how het up folk get for losing against the Old Firm teams. You'd think we had a God given right to win these games.

Get a grip!

Some tool in the East Stand was going mental and shouting for Gannon to resign. Complete fucking idiot.

We're operating with a team full of teenagers who probably hadn't hit double figures between them in terms of games played before this season.

It seems to me that our early start to the season might be catching up on a few of the guys now.

No way should Gannon be going anywhere though.

Yeah lets change the management, the system, and the playing staff in mid season. Lets clear out the skillfull fast players and make way for the first division hammer throwers. Oh yeah and lets spend our january transfer budget on compensation for Gannon and Partick Thistle to bring in McCall. And we should do it with the proviso that the new manager is only allowed six months to turn us into challengers for third place.

And lets do it today.

Fuckin genius idea.

Yeah lets change the management, the system, and the playing staff in mid season. Lets clear out the skillfull fast players and make way for the first division hammer throwers. Oh yeah and lets spend our january transfer budget on compensation for Gannon and Partick Thistle to bring in McCall. And we should do it with the proviso that the new manager is only allowed six months to turn us into challengers for third place.

And lets do it today.

Fuckin genius idea.

Who are you ? You really do talk to much sense for this forum :nod: