Inverurie Locos's

Gaag

Further to a previous post, thought i'd put one up so that no one would miss it:

Aberdeen FC and Inverurie's Ground Staff have failed in their attempt to get the pitch ready for the Scottish Cup tie to go ahead tomorrow, therefore the game has been postponed.

The match is re-scheduled for Wednesday 21st January 2009 at 19:45.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21st 7.45 kick off.

I reckon the club will have lots more tickets to sell, no way will we now take 500 people up, be lucky if its 100.

Inverurie are going to lose so much money because of this and it wouldn't surprise me if they now wished to switch it to Fir Park.

21st 7.45 kick off.

I reckon the club will have lots more tickets to sell, no way will we now take 500 people up, be lucky if its 100.

Inverurie are going to lose so much money because of this and it wouldn't surprise me if they now wished to switch it to Fir Park.

Who's to guarantee we'd be able to get the game playable at Fir Park? :woop:

Guest Reuben
ah fuck, was right looking forward to the game as well, have to spend the day with the wife now :woop:

How likely is it that she'll find out the game's off?

All dayer in the pub for you I reckon!

Guest JohnnyDefault

Bit of a shame that one. And like a few have said already - what are the chances of it being on on the 21st.

I know we can't really talk about playing surfaces and all that - and knowing full well that it's every team's right to hold the tie on their own ground to achieve a huge upset.

However - my very first thought when I seen this coming out of the hat was - "wonder if they switch this to Pittodrie" (or Peterheid or Ross County. . . . )

Maybe the sums added up to a bigger payday at Harlaw when the hire of Pittodrie was taken off any projected gate receipts.

I'm not saying that Loco's should switch it in the slightest - just thinking oot loud!

Can't drag on too much- next round is Feb 7th.

Moving it to Pittodrie would be a big mistake for them, they'd be lucky to get a gate of 1000, if they moved it to Fir Park, they'd be pretty much guaranteed 5,000 I'd say.

Hopefully it stays at Harlaw for the novelty value, but on a purely financial level, I think they would have to seriously consider the switch to Fir Park.

Bit of a shame that one. And like a few have said already - what are the chances of it being on on the 21st.

I know we can't really talk about playing surfaces and all that - and knowing full well that it's every team's right to hold the tie on their own ground to achieve a huge upset.

However - my very first thought when I seen this coming out of the hat was - "wonder if they switch this to Pittodrie" (or Peterheid or Ross County. . . . )

Maybe the sums added up to a bigger payday at Harlaw when the hire of Pittodrie was taken off any projected gate receipts.

I'm not saying that Loco's should switch it in the slightest - just thinking oot loud!

Ross County? That's over 100 miles away from Inverurie!

Peterheads ground isn't really all that much better either, and their pitch protection won't be any better than inverurie.

I'd be very much against forcing Inverurie to play their game elsewhere, as it's there prerogative, regardless of what level of football they play at.

But i see where you're coming from

If it was guaranteed to be on, I'd take two days off work and do an overnighter. However, there is no such guarantee and the atmosphere would be nowhere near as good with half the number of 'Well fans there.

I'm going to need to have a think about this one...

Frazzle

Guest JohnnyDefault
Can't drag on too much- next round is Feb 7th.

Moving it to Pittodrie would be a big mistake for them, they'd be lucky to get a gate of 1000, if they moved it to Fir Park, they'd be pretty much guaranteed 5,000 I'd say.

Hopefully it stays at Harlaw for the novelty value, but on a purely financial level, I think they would have to seriously consider the switch to Fir Park.

Not sure about that - all tickets are sold - and you'r looking at worst case scenario 500 refunds for 'Well fans (Locos fans will probably still attend) - We've a fair few exiles up there so I think they'll stick with Inverurie.

We also need to bear in mind that its quite common for the next round ties to have been played whilst waiting on a team x Vs team y replay or postponement to be played.