Jim O'Brien

Kylie

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sincerely hope that Jim is able to live up to the legend that was Joe McLeod. After all, he's achieved something Jim hasn't thus far....scored in a cup-winning run!

O'Brien will be a loss as he's a first team player, just like any first team player as they will need to be replaced. Saying that we have lost better, and probably more important players over the course of our history and survived. And will do so again.

If he leaves good luck to him. If he doesn't great!

O'Brien will be a loss as he's a first team player, just like any first team player as they will need to be replaced. Saying that we have lost better, and probably more important players over the course of our history and survived. And will do so again.

If he leaves good luck to him. If he doesn't great!

Seems like every year we have a thread like this. And we've not disappeared yet.

Seems like every year we have a thread like this. And we've not disappeared yet.

Yep - imagine what this place would have been like when McFadden left at the very start of September and Pearson left in the January of the same season. People must have been writing the Club's Eulogy.

Wouldn't mind that so much. Obviously would prefer he signed a new contract but, if not, then as long as he can't come back to bite our erses then that's fine.

Why would you rejoice at arguably our most skillful and creative player leaving?!?!

Because id argue that he is a complete fraud and i'll gladly see someone else come in and see if they can give us more , which IMO wouldnt be difficult at all

I said at xmas when we were just gonna let him leave for a pittance after his falling out with Gannon that I was amazed there wasn't more of an outrage amongst fans! IMO he's one of the most creative players in the SPL never mind our team. If half a dozen Clubs chasing this guys signature doesn't convince folk he's got ability then nothing will. Will be a very hard player for us to replace IMO.

Im not really that fussed. A player who's a master of the art of looking like he's playing well, without actually contributing very much. Ross McCormack without the goals, awareness or physical strength.

Beating 2 men is pointless if you're gonna go down everytime a 3rd guy comes near you. Either stay on yer feet, or learn that that's the time to pass.

Will be dissapointed if Jim leaves. I alway liked him, started the season well.

If he moves to a bigger club im happy for him but all other SPL clubs are as big as each other barring the OF. So a move to Championship or possibly league 1 will be good for him.

It's all good and well if you can skin a player or two, but if you can't stick a decent cross in at the end of it then it's a bit pointless.

One for the stattos - how many assists have all our players together got this season, and how many of these has O'Brien got? I'll guess at less than 10%. I may be wrong, but I doubt I am!

It's all good and well if you can skin a player or two, but if you can't stick a decent cross in at the end of it then it's a bit pointless.

One for the stattos - how many assists have all our players together got this season, and how many of these has O'Brien got? I'll guess at less than 10%. I may be wrong, but I doubt I am!

Shhh man , he's our most creative player

Im sitting here pondering at when he's been at his most creative. On the occassions when the opposition have been down to ten and theres been space for the type of player some folk inexplicably think he is ? Against Welsh part timers ? Inverurie ? The SFL sides we've faced in the cup ?

So many to choose from :rolleyes: