Team For Next Season

johnstone

Let make the assumption that Reynolds, O'Brien, Ruddy and Duke are all gone, what would be your starting eleven from the current squad based on a 4-4-2?

GK - Fraser

DL - Hammell

DC - Craigan

DC - Hutchison

DR - Saunders

ML - Forbes

MC - Lasley

MC - Jennings

MR - Hateley

FC - Murphy

FC- Sutton

Based on current squad I would say its in defence we look strongest for next season, but need to get some creativity in the midfield, a new goalkeeper and some fresh attackers to compliment Murphy, Sutton and McHugh.

I think it is always healthy when there is a certain amount of turnover in the squad.

Ruddy is defo away as is probably the case with O'Brien, Reynolds, Coke and maybe even Hately. hopefully we can persuade Everton for the Juke to stay, but highly improbable.

That is a minimum of 6 replacements. Number 1 priority would be the Number 1 position. Then we would need some defensive cover, a couple of midfielders and a couple of strikers.

The replacements are CRITICAL - get it right and we will be battling for top 6 again, get it wrong and we will end up in a battle in the bottom 6.

too early to tell but if Reynolds leaves we need to replace him. Craigan is a good seasoned pro but will he last a season without injuries or suspension?

With Craig Brown's contacts I hope the club bring in some more promising youngsters on loan.

I can't imagine many managers will be keen to have their starlets playing on the current surface though.

Maybe a new groundsman should be the priority signing1

Fraser

Hammell Craigan Hutchison Saunders

Forbes Lasley Jennings Hateley

Murphy Sutton

Based on current squad I would say its in defence we look strongest for next season, but need to get some creativity in the midfield, a new goalkeeper and some fresh attackers to compliment Murphy, Sutton and McHugh.

Reckon the above is likely apart from Hateley as discussed on other threads.

Here's mine:

Anyone but Fraser

Saunders - Craigan - Hutchison - Hammell

Lasley - Jennings - New Guy (TBA)

Forbes

Murphy - Sutton

Dreamteam (still possible ... just):

Ruddy

New Guy - Hutchison - Craigan - Hammell

Hateley

New Guy - Jennings - Lasley

Murphy - Sutton

Anyone got Gannon's number to see who he fancies as the New Guy's? ;)

Let make the assumption that Reynolds, O'Brien, Ruddy and Duke are all gone, what would be your starting eleven from the current squad based on a 4-4-2?

Assuming those player went we would have to replace each of them plus a wide midfield player which is really the only glaring weakness in the side currently when we have a full squad to pick from.

GK - New Signing

RB - Hateley/Saunders

DC - Craigan

DC - Hutchinson/New Signing

LB - Hammell

RW - New Signing

MC - Jennings

MC - Lasley

LW - New Signing

AC - Sutton

AC - New Signing

Bringing in a quality goalkeeper, central defender and striker are the main priorities.

Huge ifs and buts....

GK. New Signing

RB. Hately (assuming pitch meets his satisfaction)

CB. Craigan

CB. Hutchison

LB. Hammell

RM. Humphrey (Well preseason anyway to stake a claim)

CM. Lasley

CM. New Signing

LM. New Signing

CF. Sutton

CF. Murphy

Subs. Fraser, Saunders, host of youngsters.

Hope to see Jennings sign on again but half expecting to see him and Coke go back south with Ruddy and Jukiewicz. Reynolds likely to be also, hope so anyway if we're gonna get any sort of decent fee!

Not my starting XI as I don't think it will be as cut and dry as that, but this is my pool of players from what we have/need

GK

Fraser

A.N. Other

Defence

Craigan

Hammell

Page

Saunders

Hutchinson

A.N. Other

Midfield

Lasley

Jennings

Coke

Hateley

Forbes

Humphrey

Fitzpatrick

D.L. Smith

A.N. Other/O'Brien

Strikeforce

Murphy

McHugh

Sutton

Archdeacon

Smith

A.N. Other

That tbh is not a bad squad for next season, even if we don't get in all the A.N. Others in.

Not my starting XI as I don't think it will be as cut and dry as that, but this is my pool of players from what we have/need

GK

Fraser

A.N. Other

Defence

Craigan

Hammell

Page

Saunders

Hutchinson

A.N. Other

Midfield

Lasley

Jennings

Coke

Hateley

Forbes

Humphrey

Fitzpatrick

D.L. Smith

A.N. Other/O'Brien

Strikeforce

Murphy

McHugh

Sutton

Archdeacon

Smith

A.N. Other

That tbh is not a bad squad for next season, even if we don't get in all the A.N. Others in.

Smith + Fitzy are ooc this summer arent they? Fuckin criminal if we waste valuable cash giving them new contracts