Celtic Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

Pretty fucking embarrassing result against what is widely regarded a one of the worst Celtic sides in living memory. We have no right to go to places like Parkhead and Ibrox and expect to get anything but it's getting beyond a joke the way we continually go there and completely cave in!!

Coke not even being in the squad should be explained. He was immense at Tynecastle.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a myth. Keane, McGeady, Brown, Boruc, Hinkel, N'Guemo etc etc (whether they played today or not) are all quality players, and Celtic are a quality side, whether we like it or not. I'm not one bit embarrassed tonight. Aye, we got humped, but shit happens. We're on the verge of qualifying for Europe ffs, one last push!

I was thinking along the same way. They have one player in particular whose weekly wage probably exceeds what our club pays in wages for the entire squad over 7 days. They won't have a single player in their squad today who gets anywhere near what our guys get. On paper they should thump us, today they did, but football isn't played on paper. On another day we'd get the breaks and beat them. We lost, sadly more due to errors rather than skill, so no worries. Let's have the next bunch please.

Ruddy looked at fault for first 2 goals.

Why change the team from last week??

Hearts win means 5th not yet certain!

Win on Weds will clich 4th but hard game ahead with big Hibs support courtesy of our cheap prices!

:thumbup:

No, Celtic are fuckin' shite. Messers Keane and Kamara are 4/5 choice squad memebers at their respective clubs. Regardless of how much candy they are on, they are both finished at the highest level hence the reason they are up here. Celtic were there for the taking again and we've bottled it AGAIN. We just never turned in the second half after a promising first half. McGeady is shite, got a lucky break of the ball back to him, but Ruddy is to be faulted for his goal because Aiden doesn't have the ability to hit a ball with that much accuracy, marking for O'Deas goal is criminal and after Saunders' wonder strike was cleared off the line we threw in the towel big time. Hibs is a must win and some serious questions asked on Monday with regards to our late collapse against what is an abysmal Celtic team. On a side note, they are in big big trouble next season when Brown goes. No money to bring in players and a very poor current squad, if a non-Old Firm team doesn't win the league next year we should just wrap it all up and give up completely on Scottish Fitba.

That is a myth. Keane, McGeady, Brown, Boruc, Hinkel, N'Guemo etc etc (whether they played today or not) are all quality players, and Celtic are a quality side, whether we like it or not. I'm not one bit embarrassed tonight. Aye, we got humped, but shit happens. We're on the verge of qualifying for Europe ffs, one last push!

+1

No matter how poor a side Celtic are by their standards, they are still a far, far better side than we are and the players you have mentioned here would walk into not only our side, but just about every other SPL side and improve them greatly. They've got Robbie Keane ffs, a player who Liverpool payed £17M for not two years ago and who is the captain of Rep of Ireland! Then you've got Boruc, Poland's first choice International goalkeeper, £4m Scott Brown, Irish internationalist McGeady and several others who are probably worth as much, if not more than our squad put together.

Celtic have had a poor season, but today they 'clicked' and when they do that, they will take care of most sides in the SPL handsomely like they did with us.

Disnae matter, point being made is if Fraser had been in goal today he'd be crucified on here tonight. I don't want Ruddy crucified but I do like a bit of fairness and the level of abuse Fraser took recently was OTT.

Shit happens, it's how we deal with it that counts, and Motherwell fans traditionally don't deal with it too well. Let's hope that changes midweek and we get a turnout to give the lads a deserved reception to help drive us onto Europe. And that means all of them, Fraser included if he has to play again. No exceptions, all Motherwell players should get maximum backing agin Hibs this week, we have to play our part as well.

why was mf dropped but?clean sheet means automatic game :nod:

ruddy played well, especially in the first half, if the salmon teuchtar had been in we'd have been two down by ten minutes.

things have worked out well, we could have got a great point today and still ended up behind hibs.

the highlight of the day was the sevenways erupting to obua's goal, 30 well fans going loco and ten eastenders looking a bit confused. :nod:

Made a last minute decision to go to the game today. Simply because I am missing out on Wednesday and did not want NOT to see the boys again b4 the end of the season.

4-0 definitely flattered Celtic although in saying that, they hardly played that well and still beat us 4 zip.

I actually thought the defence played quite well up until the late capitulation. Ruddy looked culpable for the 1st and posters on here are right in that Fraser would have been bollocked had it been him in goals.

Forbes and Murphy were largely anonymous and as much as I had hoped Forbes would be the next best thing - that ship has well and truly sailed......he is as slow as running through treacle.

Still every cloud has a silver lining and all that. On the way back into Glasgow on the bus I saw a film crew filming the follow up to the movie the Night of the Living Dead. Then I realised it was just hoardes of Celtic fans getting on the bus. Honest to god I have never ever seen such a bunch of UGLY trolls. For a while I felt sorry for Ethopia until I went along the Gallowgate...they may have a decent football team, but the state of the place.............

Be thankful for what you have got and 4 being a good looking Well fan :nod:

Forbes and Murphy were largely anonymous and as much as I had hoped Forbes would be the next best thing - that ship has well and truly sailed......he is as slow as running through treacle.

there was a point in the first half where forbes was chasing back full pelt and craigan took ten yards out him with a brisk job.

the boy cannot run!

The worst thing about this result is that it's fucked our goal difference. If we draw on Wednesday and lose at Ibrox which is a real possibility then Hibs only need to draw their last game to finish fourth on goal difference. I believe their last game is at home to Dundee Utd who will have one eye if not two on the cup final so at least a point against them is more than likely.

We did seem to open up in the last 10 minutes. I thought O'Dea was offside btw. But it hardly matters. Celtic should beat us every time we play and they played reasonably well yesterday, especially defensively, and when that happens we are up against it. We stood up pretty well for a long time. I always felt if we won the two home games we'd be fine. And whilst we lost the last one we countered it with a win last week which was a better outcome. So we are in the same place of win the home game and we're OK. Which is the best we could have hoped for.

Its difficult to know what to say about this one. In the first half we were doing okay, we passed it around and made a couple of chances, whilst not looking in too much trouble defensively.

After the break the early goal set us back, and although we were still in it I felt we lacked urgency, passion and belief to take something from the game. it was there for us if we wanted it, but for me we didn't show the necessary battling qualities.

The late collapse was very poor indeed, and will make that lot think they're great, but it was our sloppiness that cost us big time. We will be hugely culpable if goal difference costs us a Europa League place.

Mind you we have it in our hands. A win on Wednesday and fourth place is ours, simple as that. However we will need to battle harder and work our bollocks off for the full 90, as although Hibs have been shite they will see this as their lifeline.

We can still do it, but the improvement from yesterday has to be marked.

The worst thing about this result is that it's fucked our goal difference. If we draw on Wednesday and lose at Ibrox which is a real possibility then Hibs only need to draw their last game to finish fourth on goal difference. I believe their last game is at home to Dundee Utd who will have one eye if not two on the cup final so at least a point against them is more than likely.

Very true. We might draw our next two games and still finish 5th. I remember thinking at 1-0 and 2-0 yesterday and after Hibs getting beat that I wasn't too bothered. We knew what was at stake on Wednesday before the kick off. When the fourth went in though I was gutted as I knew we had given up our goal difference to Hibs and over the two matches yesterday, Hearts had gained 5 goals on us. I would have forgave Brown, on this one occasion, for going all out on defense the minute we went 2-0 down. At that point we were taking nothing from the game and losing more goals was the only concern. In that way the team blew it big time.

Going to be a great or really disappointing night on Wednesday. As it is our last home game of the season it is customary for the players to do a lap of honour. Will many people hand about to see it if we have lost or drawn? I'd hope so but I remember there was a bit of a flat atmosphere last year and that was when Killie scored a last minute winner in a meaningless game.

On the flip side it will be party time if we win. Biggest domestic game we have had for two years. Massive and I really hope there is a big turnout of fans. To get into Europe again on FOOTBALLLING MERIT rather the back door of Fair Play table would be a major achievement for us again. If we get a draw or worse then I think (depending on Celtic beating Hearts) we will be reliant on Dun Utd on the 15th.

maybe its me but craig brown talking up neil lennon(again)for the celtic job isn't what i want to hear in the lead up to a massive week of football for the club

I tend not to take too much stock into what he says about opposition teams and managers as its invariably complimentary regardless of the person, team or circumstances. I think its just always been his way.