Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

should we or can we afford to take a chance with Rory McAllister?

looked decent when we played against Brechin earlier in the season, and certainly gave Reynolds a run for his money when it came to pace. IIRC, he is a plumber - so we'd need to offer good money for him to consider chucking that and part time football.

Do managers ever ask players if they know of anyone that is available? eg - does Jones know of anyone who could do a job that maybe McCall isnt aware of? Or ask Randolph if there were youngsters at Charlton who showed some promise?

hmm.. its all very good and well he done well on one game against us, but could he keep it up every week?

Yes, the scouts are scanning football forums as we speak to find new players.

Everton paid a sweet sum for the first outsider look at the Football Manager database... so it wouldn't shock me. if a club is willing to pay money for average joes scouting work there then why not use forums.

Many clubs though don't have scouts as we would know them though.

Everton paid a sweet sum for the first outsider look at the Football Manager database... so it wouldn't shock me. if a club is willing to pay money for average joes scouting work there then why not because of forums.

Many clubs though don't have scouts as we would know them though.

They no doubt sent real proffesionals to eye up the guy and make sure he was as good as thought. Throw in that afew of the FM staff have went on to be employed as acctual scouts means there's some real knowledge there, not some vague pondering on a football forum.

They no doubt sent real proffesionals to eye up the guy and make sure he was as good as thought. Throw in that afew of the FM staff have went on to be employed as acctual scouts means there's some real knowledge there, not some vague pondering on a football forum.

My friend at work years ago when he still lived up north was a scout for footie man for the highland league, he showed me his contract i think ive got a copy on my cpu. They send multiple people to scout the same things and they take the best of what people has said and choose the stats from their.

This year humph is mega fast! but pish at everything else. so we know it's realistic! :wallbash:

Of course the Everton would send a guy after they spotted some guy from Spain gave this boy a -9 for potential. The thing is, we have people all over the globe on football forums supporting that club, with a few Aussies, a German and decorator in Cyprus.

If one of them started bleeting about a player that would be excellent for Motherwell, and Motherwell could confirm they were indeed a player of some sort, and it was financially feesable (probably more likely at a club with a world scouting network) then hell why not?

It is true about football manager scouts going on to work for Scout7 etc... shame I don't have one of the degrees for it though like Sport Science :O

Found this on the Net. Sound like it might be a deal.

On January 24 2011, it became strongly rumoured that Rotherham had accepted a bid from SPL side Motherwell. for the midfielder. Motherwell's manager Stuart McCall, whom Law played under at Bradford, confirmed this:

It is true that we have enquired about Nicky and are making progress with our enquiry. We still need to go over a few things but from speaking to Nick he is up for the challenge and I can't see any reason why the deal won't go through. He is out of contract in the summer so Rotherham have given us the go-ahead. He's certainly a player the fans will like.

Found this on the Net. Sound like it might be a deal.

On January 24 2011, it became strongly rumoured that Rotherham had accepted a bid from SPL side Motherwell. for the midfielder. Motherwell's manager Stuart McCall, whom Law played under at Bradford, confirmed this:

It is true that we have enquired about Nicky and are making progress with our enquiry. We still need to go over a few things but from speaking to Nick he is up for the challenge and I can't see any reason why the deal won't go through. He is out of contract in the summer so Rotherham have given us the go-ahead. He's certainly a player the fans will like.

Looks like he could be a good player for us but the quote above suggests we are getting him now if Rotherham have accepted an offer which would probably mean he will be coming in instead of the striker/LCB that McCall has said he needs.

Looks like he could be a good player for us but the quote above suggests we are getting him now if Rotherham have accepted an offer which would probably mean he will be coming in instead of the striker/LCB that McCall has said he needs.

Thing is im wondering why this is soooo quiet, i talk to mark benstead from real radio on twitter and he said when he was at fir park today there was no mention of Nicky Law. I wonder why its not even on bbc news as well

I also want to know if rotherham will let him go for nothing this month? McCall's comments makes me think their ok with it