New Strips Released

Robyn

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think (even though the design was probably put to bed early in the year and the samples were scheduled in some months ago) that as has been previouly stated - the powers that be haven't taken on board the massive board reaction to the jaggy collar and stopped the bus to change it for a plain one.

Outrageous

It's good that you can't find any other fault bar a wee bit of sales blurb. It's not exactly spin is it, the last all white away kit we had as plain as that was in the 60s, when Joe Wark had just signed, so it's factually correct. Shaun Fagan's kit had stripes down the side or alongside the Zoom logo if you recall. To be precise the Patrick away from early 80s was as close almost but it had distinctive C&A trim on collar and cuffs and mainly teamed with Claret shorts.

I like the kits, fuck all wrong with them. But it's not a tribute, that's the thing. Glad you were here to give me that history lesson though.

Really like both efforts. Although I'll wait to see what the quality is like before I make any purchases, got to be better than the Canterbury stuff.

Really hope we manage to keep them without the sponsor, even though we could do with the money. The story I heard a few weeks ago is that we had been in talks with a charity regarding the sponsorship, but they couldn't get involved until next season.

They're good strips, underboyle, particularly the home one. I really like the Canterbury shirt but the new one is even more basic in its design, something I like football shirts to be. I remember the 1990s and the era of crazy colour schemes and holograms on shirts. :whistling:

The new 'Well shirt could only be improved if it were lightweight cotton rather than polyester.

Whilst a minor point I think some of the traditionalists may be disappointed when they see the new home top up close. Rather than having a 'continuous' claret hoop around the shirt it is seperated by two amber 'panels' down the sides.

Imo it is more two claret bands than one claret hoop.

Whilst a minor point I think some of the traditionalists may be disappointed when they see the new home top up close. Rather than having a 'continuous' claret hoop around the shirt it is seperated by two amber 'panels' down the sides.

I'm sure we wouldn't be so petty :huh:

I'm sure its just a section thats cut out. Puma tend to do it, I can't fathom why.

Kinda like the kit below, only the missing sections are on the bottom side of the hoop.

stuttgart_away_0708.jpg

Pretty similar to that MFC, although I think it stretches down to the bottom of the shirt. Not a disaster but does take away from the shirt a bit imo.

While I would have preferred a continuous hoop it doesn’t concern me too much.

You can just make out the amber split in this long sleeved picture.

mvksjb.jpg