Motherwell V St Mirren Sat 02/10/2010

Tartan Copper

Be interested to see the highlights, from where I was sitting Gow looked at least 5 yards offside before collecting the ball to set up Murphy...NOT LIKE I GIVE A FUCK MIND YOU...!!!

Ach, where were you sitting? The Electric Bar? He was well onside! I could see that from the middle of the North Sea. :lol::O

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I missed the Celtic match but today was easily the worst home performance of the season. We score in 3 minutes and never got out of first gear. When St. Mirren scored to make it 1-1 it looked like there was only going to be one winner and it wasn't us - we were all over the place, no organisation, no plan, very unusual for a Craig Brown team.

We got lucky on a few occasions. St. Mirren went close just before half time and Saunders got injured putting his head in a dangerous place to prevent a certain goal.

Really we were gifted our goals by St. Mirren who looked very poor at the back. The first goal was a bad mistake from the defender although Humphrey took the goal well. The penalty was bizarre, what the defender was thinking about is anyone's guess, still good to see us score from the spot for a change!

Third goal looked offside to me but maybe the television will show something different, anyway it was a good counter attack and nice to see Murphy getting nearer to double figures for the first time.

Randolph [6] Difficult day for defenders and goalkeepers looked a wee bit dodgy on some crosses today.

Saunders [7] Saved a certain goal with a very brave header, some great but possibly flukey cross field balls!

Craigan [6] Not his best day, big boys up front gave him some problems.

Reynolds [6] Partly to blame for St. Mirren's goal with a slack clearance but did OK.

Hateley [6] Decent enough performance at left back - for most of the match anyway.

Lasley [7] Worked hard

Jennings [7] Some good touches, grafted

Humphrey [7] Took his goal well, started in good form but faded as the match went on, still one of his better performances, was unlucky to be subbed felt Blackman should have hit the bench before Humphrey.

Murphy [6] Not his best match but got the goal that made it safe

Blackman [5] Little impact today

Sutton [5] Like Blackman didn't offer much of a threat

Forbes [2]

Gow [4] Had a role in the goals

Hammell [2] Rare sub appearance!

By fuck, we dont do things the easy way, do we? Just the Motherwell way I suppose :lol:

How many times have we been robbed and/or felt hard done by? Get it right up them! We shouldve had it comfortably tucked away by half time though to be honest.

Pleased to see Humphrey get his goal, it looked well taken (albeit from the other end :P ) and he had a reasonable game IMO. Everybody seemed to fade out of the game in the 2nd half but good to get the 3 points.

Can't complain going into the international break in 3rd place :O

Gow was in our half for the third goal, impossible to be offside.

I'll stand corrected if that's the case, certainly looked off to me though, in their half...

But like I said, I'M NOT GIVING A FUCK...:lol:

First two minutes were decent, last 2 minutes were decent and the rest was shite.

100% spot on...!!

Another poor home perfomance but at least we got out this one with the 3 points. Again we lacked a bit of urgency after taking an early lead and when we were hitting St Mirren on the break there was not enough players up to support the player in posession.

We were lucky not to concede at the end of the first half and you sensed that they were going to score after the break. Delighted to take 3 points from a game we didn't deserve to take much from. Mon the Well!!

He was yards ahead of the last man but in our half - no justified complaints from them. Actually thought we played well first half and last twenty but in last twenty couldn;t see the goal coming. Over the ninety we deserved the win. Not lovely to watch but deserved three points.

gow was in our half for the 3rd goal,only john potter complained from them,just shows how clued up he is, after his complaint to the linesman, the referee(who had a nightmare,for both sides I might add), came over to explain the offside rule to him.

also never a penalty btw. :lol:

Total shite. correct me if I am wrong but did we play all of second half 4 5 1? John Sutton needs to be dropped. a passenger again today and how it takes until the 75 min to bring on Gow and inject some pace into our play is staggering. All said pleased with the 3 points but really wished I was doing something more interesting today than watch us struggle against that shite.

not the best performance but winning when you're playing poorly is a good sign.

after the first goal we seemed to think that was it over and if we played nice fitba we'd get a few more goals no problem. we played about 35 minutes of good football without scoring then they came back into and after they break they took heart and came back at us. the game reminded of the home scottish cup tie against dundee when they knocked us out a couple of years ago.

if it was up to me i'd have mixed it up a bit more and occaisionally been a bit more direct when we had the ball. all three of of our goals came from long balls that put their defenders under pressure, in games like this you need to create one on ones rather than beating a full team.

if it's a debate about good fitba then i'd say that we've put plenty of cracking performances in since broon took over. killie (a) 3-0, sheep (a) 3-0, hearts (h) 3-1, hearts (a) 2-0 x 2, hibs (h) 6-6, rangers (a) 3-3.

in the league he's got a record of played 27, won 13, drawn 7, lost 7 (btw these are facts not stats :lol: ). we've cut our cloth again during the summer and we've still got a team that looks able to challenge for third.

to the doubters....

1 who in the league would you swap places with?

2. when have we had it better in the past ten years?

I'd have more of a dilemma if we were setting up every game to be hard to beat, and playing it long to a target man was our only tactic. But the fact that we have, A - the players to be able to play football, and B - a manager who allows us to should it be appropriate, means we have a good mix I think.

Football when we can, direct when we have to be, with the occasional shit performance thrown in that you just have to accept is going to happen at our level. I don't have a problem with that, especially when like today...we still have enough about us to occasionally take the points when one of those shit days arises.

not the best performance but winning when you're playing poorly is a good sign.

after the first goal we seemed to think that was it over and if we played nice fitba we'd get a few more goals no problem. we played about 35 minutes of good football without scoring then they came back into and after they break they took heart and came back at us. the game reminded of the home scottish cup tie against dundee when they knocked us out a couple of years ago.

if it was up to me i'd have mixed it up a bit more and occaisionally been a bit more direct when we had the ball. all three of of our goals came from long balls that put their defenders under pressure, in games like this you need to create one on ones rather than beating a full team.

if it's a debate about good fitba then i'd say that we've put plenty of cracking performances in since broon took over. killie (a) 3-0, sheep (a) 3-0, hearts (h) 3-1, hearts (a) 2-0 x 2, hibs (h) 6-6, rangers (a) 3-3.

in the league he's got a record of played 27, won 13, drawn 7, lost 7 (btw these are facts not stats :lol: ). we've cut our cloth again during the summer and we've still got a team that looks able to challenge for third.

to the doubters....

1 who in the league would you swap places with?

2. when have we had it better in the past ten years?

The fact is that if we'd turned up for the Aberdeen and Hibs games the way we did for the first 25minutes today then we'd be sitting with 18 points not 13.

3 points off the gruesome twosome and out of sight of Utd. But I much prefer to watch the actuall game footballon grass than the league table in a newspaper.

Folk are saying that the home form is poor - it's still poor - although at times a good bit better today. We tried our best to throw it away after blitzing them.

To keep people turning up at Fir Park we need to play more like we did in the opening spell of the game. We played some great stuff - and it was on the deck and direct much more than it has been.

What people were complaining about before - the aimless punt up the middle wasn't really happening today. They were saying we could be slaughtering teams - still true - we should have gone in at half time 4 up.

We let them back into the game and it could have been looking at a 2 or 3 to 1 reverse. Wardlaw showed Sutton and Murphy how to strike the ball towards goal.

Anyway - I listened to the wee man today on the radio and he thought we were gash and were fortunate to get 3 points - I'd go with that.

I'd add though, that we finally showed in that opening spell what we are capable of - and it could be outstanding and entertaining. (for yer 18 / 22 quid)

First game since I moved to Bute five years ago. Took my son (his first real game) and me dad, so we had three generations sat together.

Great start and a good spell after with pretty football but no cutting edge. Seemed to lose our way after that and they could have scored before half time.

I honestly thought we were going to lose after the equaliser, but a 'strange' penalty and an excellent third did the business.

How good would that have been if Randy's clearance had gone in instead of coming off the bar ??

Great to be back at the fitba' after such a long break.

did anyone get a picture of the message banners for the players coming out?

Hopefully. Just to show what a waste of time and material it was.

Apart from the fact it made me realise that we live in such an oppressive society that we cant even bring smoke bombs to the football anymore. Sad times :lol:

The fact is that if we'd turned up for the Aberdeen and Hibs games the way we did for the first 25minutes today then we'd be sitting with 18 points not 13.

3 points off the gruesome twosome and out of sight of Utd. But I much prefer to watch the actuall game footballon grass than the league table in a newspaper.

we've got our thinnest squad since we came out of admin but we should be competing with the old firm and beating every other team?

it's our best start through seven games since tommy mclean's last season. i'm heading to the pub shortly so i cannae be arsed checking but it's probably our 2nd best start in 30+ years. we've got the 2nd best defensive record in the league and scored the 3rd most goals.

i've seen plenty of positive stuff on the park this season that proves this team can play good football, if anything we overplayed today instead of constantly putting their shitty defence under pressure. we cut our squad back for the 2nd summer in a row yet we've got a team that can play some good stuff and look serious contender's for third and a fourth european season in a row. if any motherwell fans aren't delighted with how things are going they need to get some perspective.

This is the era of Craig Brown fitba I think, fairly snide performances and better results than we probably deserve. I'd be interested to hear people's thoughts on whether they would prefer us to win "ugly" or play more attractive fitba at the risk of losing games.

Not sure which side of the fence I am on to be honest.

Get real man all this attractive fitba pish winning is everything