Chris Humphrey

Al B

Well said.

And folk moan if a newspaper gets a players name wrong, or a picture caption or something. :wallbash:

Oh and it'd be nice if the club could get players names correct too. Did anyone else get the email 2 or 3 months ago about player sponsorship? It was listing players and their shirts that were still available, including a "Chris Humphries" and a "Shaun Hutchison". Not sure if Chris Humphrey and Shaun Hutchinson's shirts were available for sponsorship though... :doh: Only a minor error, but it seems a little daft and unprofessional if the actual club can't get stuff like that right.

Aye, but he's getting to that age, so we can forgive both him & Knox :evilgrin:

The problem is when someone says something like 'it was Chris Humphrey's pass that led to the goal' in an interview, people hear Humphries and repeat it that way. It's really just the english language thats at fault.

• 2 months later...
Anyone know how many goals he's set up this season?

Apparently the assists are

Chris Humphrey - 4

Jamie Murphy - 2

Tom Hateley - 2

Nick Blackman - 1

John Sutton - 1

Alan Gow - 1

People have said he is a better player away from home but I don't get to away matches so that may distort my opinion that he is hopeless.

He's been at the club for a season and a half now, he looked like he might be coming on to some form after a disappointing start but he has gone backwards again.

We don't really have anyone else for his position, so he plays, but I think the major weakness in the team right now is wide midfield. Randolph - Craigan, Hutchinson - Lasley, Jennings - Sutton, Murphy, seems a pretty solid spine.

Apparently the assists are

Chris Humphrey - 4

Jamie Murphy - 2

Tom Hateley - 2

Nick Blackman - 1

John Sutton - 1

Alan Gow - 1

People have said he is a better player away from home but I don't get to away matches so that may distort my opinion that he is hopeless.

He's been at the club for a season and a half now, he looked like he might be coming on to some form after a disappointing start but he has gone backwards again.

We don't really have anyone else for his position, so he plays, but I think the major weakness in the team right now is wide midfield. Randolph - Craigan, Hutchinson - Lasley, Jennings - Sutton, Murphy, seems a pretty solid spine.

I like Humphrey and I'm prepared to wait til he regains his form - I'm pleased we've got a young guy that will put in extra shifts to work on his shortcomings and I'm sure he'll continue to do that. We need to be accomodation to developing / improving players at our club.

He ended up chucking in a couple of decent balls in the 2nd half yesterday and he actually 'cut inside' a couple of times towards the end of the game. Although I think he was forced inside rather than it being a deliberate choice - and therein lies the next area he needs to work on.

When talkin about assists etc. Something that my brother pointed out yesterday - how much are we missing the amount of opportunites JOB provided through his running at defences / getting free kicks etc. He wisny perfect either but when you take away what he offers - you must acknowledg the reduction in goalscoring oppertunities he created.