Marc Fitzpatrick

Sieb Dykstra

"Just another poster who doesn't understand football"

"if you're not seeing that - then your missing a big part of what the game is about."

Here we go again :doh:

I think we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this.

Yes he gets around the park and breaks up the play. It's the next part that is the problem as he often passes it straight back to the opposition, plays it straight out the park (as happened at least twice last night) or takes a terrible touch and has to jump into a rash challenge.

If he can get a new contract good on teh lad but I hope it's not at the expense of someone else as he is purely a squad play

When everyone is fit he shoudl be nowhere near the first 11

The guy behind me suggested Fitzy and Forbes won't be in the C&A in February, rather have the money freed up to keep Gow & Blackman.

Personally I don't think we've overflowing with quality midfielders, Lasley's loss was felt in the games immediately after his injury. Glad to see we're coping now. If Jenno doesn't re-sign in the summer then we're pretty threadbare there. Sutton has shown he can't move back and adapt.

Among the fans it seems to be felt Hateley is best placed at RB, with Saunders and Hutchison eventually replacing Cragain and Reynolds gradually over time. If we do get the Algerian RB then Hateley will move back to midfield where he hasn't recaptured the form in that position that won him young player of the year last term.

Fitzy did well against poor opposition in his first run out for quite a while. Over all he exceeded my expectations when I saw he was a starter. However if we played a team with a bit more guile or drive then it may have been a different story. But lets be honest, how much of an impact do you expect someone to have who's been both injured and had hardly any game time all season.

I thought he was pretty decent last night. I do agree with Finlay in that last night can't be viewed in isolation in terms of offering extended contracts, but it did seem our midfield looked as balanced as it has been since Las got injured.

Forbes and Hateley both strike me as players best suited to a central midfield of three whereas Fizzy last night was much more in the Lasley mould and provided the solidity to allow Humph and Murph to do their thing creatively.

Key few weeks for Fitzpatrick now he's managed to break into the side. Whether it turns out he gets a deal or not, I hope we can benefit from him busting a gut to win one.

"Just another poster who doesn't understand football"

"if you're not seeing that - then your missing a big part of what the game is about."

Here we go again :notworthy:

I think we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this.

Yes he gets around the park and breaks up the play. It's the next part that is the problem as he often passes it straight back to the opposition, plays it straight out the park (as happened at least twice last night) or takes a terrible touch and has to jump into a rash challenge.

If he can get a new contract good on teh lad but I hope it's not at the expense of someone else as he is purely a squad play

When everyone is fit he shoudl be nowhere near the first 11

hand on heart tell me you haven't described Keith Lasley there too

Apologies big man, I bow to your superior fitba knowledge.

It's not good enough anymore just to have a "good engine" as seem to be a common phrase on this thread.

Yet everyone raves about Chris Humphries (sp) when he only has a "good engine" as his playing the ball in still needs a lot of work

Yet everyone raves about Chris Humphries (sp) when he only has a "good engine" as his playing the ball in still needs a lot of work

Furfuxsache, if you are going to discuss one of our own players at least get his name correct.

And to take a leaf out of Steve Diggles book if you think Humphrey's only attribute is a "good engine" you know the square root of fuck all about fitba :notworthy:

I know marc pretty well and xan tell you he has been so frustrated by his injuries and lack of fitness. he has worked really hard to get his fitness back. he never complains about it, totally accepts the gaffers opinion and has nothing but motherwells best interests at heart. its great to see some support for him, it seems like it has been a long time since there has been anny. he would accept the praise graciously and take the criticism on board.

I know marc pretty well and xan tell you he has been so frustrated by his injuries and lack of fitness. he has worked really hard to get his fitness back. he never complains about it, totally accepts the gaffers opinion and has nothing but motherwells best interests at heart. its great to see some support for him, it seems like it has been a long time since there has been anny. he would accept the praise graciously and take the criticism on board.

Which is a cracking and very admirable attitude. If he gets a new contract then it will be due to the fact he has earned it. We have games against Hibs, St Mirren, Hearts, Aberdeen, Dundee United, Killie, Rangers and Celtic before his contract expires. If he can impress and be an impact player against the majority of those sides then get him signed up.

He was clearly giving it all last night. Got stuck in and it was obvious he was trying to take some responsiblity to create things rather than just passing to the nearest man. I think a run of games and supporters holding back for a bit and he'll do well for us. We've not got the depth of squad to knock any players confidence (not there is ever an excuse) but I think most people last night took into account that he hadn't played for a while and wouldny be 100% sharp. Hope he can build from last night and put in a solid performance on Saturday, for his sake and the teams.

First time on the laptop since wed, Im sorry but Fitzy was horrendous in the Saints game, yes he`s enthusiastic,puts in effort and runs around, so does a Collie dog but that wouldnt make a footballer either!

a couple times Saints midfielders got into the box untracked and Randy + Craggs gave him hell for not tracking, his passing was shite, he lost the ball more times than any other player on the park, and his tackling was usually late and poor,giving away free kicks. Would rather try develop something from Forbes or one of the young guys than waste a wage on him!