Surreal

beesher

As a club Motherwell FC MUST raise issues with Stevie O'Reilly's display tonight. He got some very easy things wrong and seemed intent to punish us at every turn, whilst ignoring similar offences by Hearts. His arrogance was staggering, and is it any wonder our players were losing the plot? How can you expect players to show respect and maintain discipline when a ref like that showed no respect to them, and was very one-sided with many of his decisions, or in some cases non-decisions.

I never thought i would ever say this but i agree with Celtic and their battle with the refs and the SFA, at least they have the balls to try to get something done. The display from that prick last night was shocking but seeing as we are percieved as a "wee diddy club" nothing will happen. Every other club in the SPL needs to stand up and be counted or we will be stuck with arrogant, incompetent arseholes of officials every season.

We should be starting a campaign from the fans to get the SFA to act and get their act together.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news is we were due to have him for the postponed Killie game as well and they usually keep the refs for rearranged ones. So to look forward to that.

In other words, why the fuck did we have a Scottish Referee refereeing last night? This game is from the weekend of the "strike". We should have had some foreign referee. The SFA not even following their own rules now!

They were reading out texts from listeners on Sportsound towards the rest of the programme last night. A couple of texts from Dunfermline fans who had this muppet at the weekend - Apparently they went through the whole gambit we did - although one guy said it was so bad they were actually cheering and laughing at his decisions towards the end of the 90 minutes.

I have watched the game back after recording it as I was at the game, I would note the following:

The ref never even saw the whole free kick feck up. He was running away with his back to the play. Is this great refing? While he was booking Blackman all he kept saying was "I'm the Ref" which just proves their arrogance and power trip.

The penalty was correct and yes the other 'penalty' was outside the box.

When sending off Stevie j, he only reacted to sending him off after Stevie touched him and his face was so aggressive as if he was disgusted someone would even dare touch him. On review I am sure the ref will say it was for foul and abusive langue towards him instead.

The ref was appalling last night, big Kyle fouled all night then was aggressively shouting at the lineman, whys this not a booking?

Am totally use to poor refing even used to it, but can we just let this happen!!!!!!!

Tried to post this about 2 hours ago but my internet fucked up...

Tin had on firmly here, but, I thought the ref was having a great game until the sending off last night. As Tweed (I think) said earlier, he wasn't watching when we took the free kick and therefore didn't see what happened. Fair doos he should've been watching the ball, but it's hardly fuck up of the century.

As for the sending off, well yeah, I thought that was incredibly bizarre. Having said that, you, me or anybody else has no idea what was said between Jennings & the ref. If it was for Jennings tapping him on the shoulder then aye it's a shocker of a decision, and if it's for dissent then should it not have been a yellow? Think he was booked anyway so woulda been sent off regardless.

The penalty decision he got right, it was a clear pen, and the replays showed that. The 2nd one I can't say for sure if it was/wasn't a free kick/penalty. My laptop froze for a minute or 2 during the replays, but from what I saw initially, it looked a penalty.

As for people bemoaning his consistency, I thought he was firm but fair for both teams. I don't think he gave Hearts more free kicks than us or vice versa, and I thought most, if not all of his calls were spot on regarding free kicks, corners etc. One or two have said that they think the Hearts players were diving about last night, I genuinely don't recall one single dive all match.

One thing that annoys me is people who come on here after a game and act as if they're Andy fucking Gray. "The referee got basic decisions wrong" etc etc. I'm sorry but from where you're sitting in the stand (with your C&A specs on), things are going to look completely different from the referee who's 10 yards away. Not only that but any decision against Motherwell to some is a wrong decision.

One thing that annoys me more is the hypocrites who have the cheek to get all high and mighty when Celtic complain to the SFL etc about refs getting things wrong and laugh at them as if they're idiots. Those people then come on here after the game and say stuff like "That ref should be banned for life!" or "We should complain to the SFL about him!" or "He should never referee a match again!" etc. Absolute bollocks (in my opinion). The ref was more than adequate last night (barring a few mistakes) and we have no right to slag off Celtic for their conduct and then come on here and do the exact same thing!

One thing that annoys me the most, the fucking MOST, is idiots, absolute idiots, who come on here and say "I won't even care if I don't see another game this year because that referee was rubbish." Have a fucking word with yourself! Not only are you completely and utterly wrong about the ref (in my opinion) but I'd give ma right arm (maybe not but you know what I mean) to see Motherwell week in week out! Deciding that you 'might not go back ever' because of a referee who was fucking fine last night is downright ridiculous!

I challenge anybody to show me with actual evidence how the ref was 'shocking', 'awful' or (and I fucking hate when people use this term) 'a disgrace'. Bear in mind that I have said the free kick incident, the 2nd pen claim and the sending off are maybe not correct decisions.

I'm annoyed at the result last night. I'm even more annoyed to come on here today and see 3 page threads like this of absolute tosh.

Tin hat firmly on, and I don't think anyone will agree with me, but it's just how I feel.

Couldn't understand why a hearts free kick was awarded after the sending off either - he seemed to lose the plot there.

At the time of booking Blackman you could see he kept threatening to send him off as well - going to his back pocket.

If Jennings was sent off for the touch it's a joke - if he was sent off for dissent then Kenny Miller and Stevie Naismith must be due some retrospective reds as every time i've seen them this season they've spend most of the game shouting abuse at the referee.

Not important in the grand scheme of things but the foul given against Murphy in the first half when he cleanly won the ball was a joke as well.

Tin had on firmly here, but, I thought the ref was having a great game until the sending off last night. As Tweed (I think) said earlier, he wasn't watching when we took the free kick and therefore didn't see what happened. Fair doos he should've been watching the ball, but it's hardly fuck up of the century.

As for the sending off, well yeah, I thought that was incredibly bizarre. Having said that, you, me or anybody else has no idea what was said between Jennings & the ref. If it was for Jennings tapping him on the shoulder then aye it's a shocker of a decision, and if it's for dissent then should it not have been a yellow? Think he was booked anyway so woulda been sent off regardless.

The penalty decision he got right, it was a clear pen, and the replays showed that. The 2nd one I can't say for sure if it was/wasn't a free kick/penalty. My laptop froze for a minute or 2 during the replays, but from what I saw initially, it looked a penalty.

As for people bemoaning his consistency, I thought he was firm but fair for both teams. I don't think he gave Hearts more free kicks than us or vice versa, and I thought most, if not all of his calls were spot on regarding free kicks, corners etc. One or two have said that they think the Hearts players were diving about last night, I genuinely don't recall one single dive all match.

One thing that annoys me is people who come on here after a game and act as if they're Andy fucking Gray. "The referee got basic decisions wrong" etc etc. I'm sorry but from where you're sitting in the stand (with your C&A specs on), things are going to look completely different from the referee who's 10 yards away. Not only that but any decision against Motherwell to some is a wrong decision.

One thing that annoys me more is the hypocrites who have the cheek to get all high and mighty when Celtic complain to the SFL etc about refs getting things wrong and laugh at them as if they're idiots. Those people then come on here after the game and say stuff like "That ref should be banned for life!" or "We should complain to the SFL about him!" or "He should never referee a match again!" etc. Absolute bollocks (in my opinion). The ref was more than adequate last night (barring a few mistakes) and we have no right to slag off Celtic for their conduct and then come on here and do the exact same thing!

One thing that annoys me the most, the fucking MOST, is idiots, absolute idiots, who come on here and say "I won't even care if I don't see another game this year because that referee was rubbish." Have a fucking word with yourself! Not only are you completely and utterly wrong about the ref (in my opinion) but I'd give ma right arm (maybe not but you know what I mean) to see Motherwell week in week out! Deciding that you 'might not go back ever' because of a referee who was fucking fine last night is downright ridiculous!

I challenge anybody to show me with actual evidence how the ref was 'shocking', 'awful' or (and I fucking hate when people use this term) 'a disgrace'. Bear in mind that I have said the free kick incident, the 2nd pen claim and the sending off are maybe not correct decisions.

I'm annoyed at the result last night. I'm even more annoyed to come on here today and see 3 page threads like this of absolute tosh.

Tin hat firmly on, and I don't think anyone will agree with me, but it's just how I feel.

This post sounds more like Andy Gray than any other post I have read today.

And if you have the audacity to attempt to write a serious post then please have the decency to read and understand exactly what the people who are thinking about not coming back have actually said. I personally haven't read one that said it was solely because of last night.

key point in yer post is that you don't make your way to the games every week.

I have watched the game back after recording it as I was at the game, I would note the following:

The ref never even saw the whole free kick feck up. He was running away with his back to the play. Is this great refing?

That is the only conclusion I can come to as he never ordered a re-take. Even reffing 2 pub teams on a Sunday you learn to never EVER turn your back to the ball/play, nothing good can come from it. Either linesman should have seen what happened and told him over the blower it should be re-taken. Actually delaying the start of play is in itself a cautionable offence.

As for the sending off, he'll report it either as "Violent Conduct" in that Jenning's hand tapped him on the shoulder..or..Foul & Abusive Language which is a red card offence. Problem with that is the interpretation of what is F&A. If a player shouted or said to me in passing "You're a fkking cheat" then I would definately send him off, no question.

Frustrating night all round.

Are you half daft? You kidding on?

What about Kyle having a major go at the linesmen for not giving a free kick to him, is this not a booking like Blackman?

What about booking Blackman for moaning about the refs (including linesmans and fourth official) for not doing their job and retaking the free kick.

Your internet should have stayed fucked up and not let you post some of your comments, some you are correct and others completely wrong.

That is the only conclusion I can come to as he never ordered a re-take. Even reffing 2 pub teams on a Sunday you learn to never EVER turn your back to the ball/play, nothing good can come from it. Either linesman should have seen what happened and told him over the blower it should be re-taken. Actually delaying the start of play is in itself a cautionable offence.

As for the sending off, he'll report it either as "Violent Conduct" in that Jenning's hand tapped him on the shoulder..or..Foul & Abusive Language which is a red card offence. Problem with that is the interpretation of what is F&A. If a player shouted or said to me in passing "You're a fkking cheat" then I would definately send him off, no question.

Frustrating night all round.

Totally agree with you, no ref in the land should be allowed to use "I had man back turned and running away from the ball thats way I never made the correct decision" that surely cant be allowed as an excusse.

I do agree there is more than 1 ref at the game and the others, as usual, do nothing

I go to Motherwell games and also watch live SPL, EPL, Championship and LaLiga.

In the games I attend the refs are pish and stop the game for fuck all and are inconsistent.

When I watch live SPL the refs are pish and stop the game for fuck all and are inconsistent.

When I watch the EPL, Championship and La Liga the referees, by and large, let the game flow and are pretty consistent.

I'd single out the Championship in England - they have a different ethos to any other league mentioned (for some reason). The football is fast flowing with a physical edge. But by fuck the game flows.

GazzyB you clearly are a disgrace, infact you should never be allowed to post on this site again, I would ban you from the site, I'm going to complain about you! Infact I'm never going to post in this forum again due to your performance!!!!

As a wise man once said, just my opinion mind!

P.s if you want to cut off your arm feel free, post it on YouTube a few folk on her might actually want to watch it! If you do you can have my season book for the rest of the year!!!!

GazzyB you clearly are a disgrace, infact you should never be allowed to post on this site again, I would ban you from the site, I'm going to complain about you! Infact I'm never going to post in this forum again due to your performance!!!!

P.s if you want to cut off your arm feel free, post it on YouTube a few folk on her might actually want to watch it! If you do you can have my season book for the rest of the year!!!!

How will he tear out the voucher?

Are you half daft? You kidding on?

What about Kyle having a major go at the linesmen for not giving a free kick to him, is this not a booking like Blackman?

What about booking Blackman for moaning about the refs (including linesmans and fourth official) for not doing their job and retaking the free kick.

Your internet should have stayed fucked up and not let you post some of your comments, some you are correct and others completely wrong.

No I'm not half daft, and I'm not kidding on. Your first point, aye, probably, Kyle should've been booked. The difference I think (which doesn't make it right) is that Kyle was shouting at the linesman from 30 yards away, and Blackman was shouting at the ref from 2 inches away.

As for Blackman, are you saying that he should not have been booked for dissent? If you are then I'm sorry but you're fucking mental. Blackman was screaming and balling at the ref and, whether Blackman is right or not, that is dissent. Blackman was rightly booked.

Whether you agree with my opinion or not, I have a right to post as much as you do. In my opinion, all my comments are spot on.

:whistling: what!?

Aye the ref was shite but....

does it make a difference that Jennings apologised to Gordon Young for getting sent off? I'm guessing he's said something daft to him.

I think that's putting 2 and 2 together to get 6 - i think any player would apologise to their gaffer after a red as it generally affects the team. I don't see it as any admission of guilt.

We need to wait to see what Jenno says, what the club does in terms of appeal and what the wee dick says in his match report

Like a few already, i am seriously hacked off with the performances of most refs that I see - I've no doubt Im biased towards my own team, but I often see crazy decisions given against the opposing teams as well as against us

Last night took on a new level of incompetence though - right from the off he was right on the back of Craigan, and he couldn't book Jennings quickly enough - it did cross my mind that with no manager (as such) to deal with, and Mogadon Jeffries in the other dugout, he was quite happy to give us feck all.

I'll be a Well fan till I shuffle off this mortal coil, but I'm seriously happy I didn't buy a ticket for Sheepyville - coming away from games thinking it's been destroyed by yet another ref, well out of their depth, is really wearing me down - maybe the week off will get the enthusiasm back

MON RA DOSSERS

The sending off was a joke and why did hearts get a free kick from where jennings touched the ref? It should have been a bounce ball from where the keeper had it in his hands and it also should have been a bounce ball when he stopped the game for blackmans booking. These aren't mistakes - the guy just doesn't even know the rules!!!!