Flares And Fireworks

scott_mfc

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think its worth making the distinction between flares, fireworks and smokebombs tbh.

Flares & Fireworks, very dangerous, actual burning.

Smokebomb, bit of a worry for folk with respiratory problems.

Surely?

I think its worth making the distinction between flares, fireworks and smokebombs tbh.

Flares & Fireworks, very dangerous, actual burning.

Smokebomb, bit of a worry for folk with respiratory problems.

Surely?

What about buses? Bit of a worry for folk crossing the road surely? :evilgrin:

I don't know the legalities, but I would imagine PC Plod would have something to say to you if you set off a smoke bomb in Buchanan Street.

I really don't see why people get so worked up about not being allowed to use one in a confined stadium.

:evilgrin:

I know!,

It's not like its dangerous to a couple thousand people

For me the title of this thread sums up the UK's lack of knowledge when it comes to pyrotechnics at football games and this is what I believe to be more of a problem that the devices themselves.

Not once in that BBC article does it mention fireworks and the only game this season in Scotland that I believe a flare was used was Hibs v Ayr United in the Scottish cup. Fireworks are bloody dangerous and I severly doubt you would ever see a football fan lighting a rocket or a Catherine wheel at a game as it could take someones eye out. Flares again are slightly dangerous but extremely dangerous. There is no flames come from flares and the only way you can be hurt by a flare is if you touch it when it is lit.

Like others have mentioned smokebombs are in no way whatsoever dangerous but the authorities dont let you stand at fitba these days so it's no surprise they see smokebombs as a danger!

If Strathclyde Police want nobody to use smokebombs or whatever they should use pressure technique by sayings anyone who uses them is a homo or something like that. Bringing them in cause its no allowed surely must give folk who use them an added thrill that they are doing something which isny allowed. Allowing them in and labelling a fan "a big homo" would take away that buzz.

Personally I think smokebombs bring nothing to the game and if anything on Sunday distracted folk in the sections about me from singing and keeping the atmosphere going as to many folk are nosy buggers and think they are missing something.

For me the title of this thread sums up the UK's lack of knowledge when it comes to pyrotechnics at football games and this is what I believe to be more of a problem that the devices themselves.
Because, of course, the devices are being used by people with enough sense not to do anything stupid with them. I wouldn't trust half of those guys with a Swan Vesta.

The people moaning no doubt break the speed limit and other laws more often than not, yet have a fit about smoke bombs at the football? A football stadium is harldy confined, its an open air space with, if your lucky, a roof. Air circulates well round a stadium given more often than not your blasted by the wind. 90% of Motherwell fans aren't very cool

The people moaning no doubt break the speed limit and other laws more often than not, yet have a fit about smoke bombs at the football? A football stadium is harldy confined, its an open air space with, if your lucky, a roof. Air circulates well round a stadium given more often than not your blasted by the wind. 90% of Motherwell fans aren't very cool
I said this in a different thread, but if there are a few hundred flares and smoke bombs going off, it can look quite impressive. If there are one or two going off, it just looks like a couple of weans with a banger.

Definitely not cool.

I said this in a different thread, but if there are a few hundred flares and smoke bombs going off, it can look quite impressive. If there are one or two going off, it just looks like a couple of weans with a banger.

Definitely not cool.

Well not really it looks like there's not much smoke, not "like a couple of weans with a banger", it's about mentality, not stopping through lack of numbers. And also will c***s on here stop refering to the people involved as "weans" all the time?

Is it not also an offence to enter a football ground drunk? how about we condem the whole happy clappy jack daniels brigade aswell for breaking the law too? After all just the way it is innit?