Stuart Mccall Direct

SteelmaninOZ

The post-Inverness email has finally arrived...

Good afternoon ‘Well fans,

It has taken me a few days to actually get the time to sit down and type this email so apologies to those who like to read it so soon after the match.

It’s almost been 48 hours since the game ended and I am obviously very disappointed and frustrated at our lack of consistency. It is something which has plagued most of the teams in Scotland this season outwith the Old Firm and Hearts, but it still makes you scratch your head.

We prepared the players excellently and they knew exactly what was at stake in terms of where three points would have left us. Disappointingly, it never worked whatsoever and we were poor pretty much from start to finish.

I spoke both after the Celtic match and again during the week about consistency and how we need to stop being so up and down both in terms of performances and results. Unfortunately, that wasn’t the case and I can assure you there is no-one more frustrated about that than me. Thank you to each and every fan who made the long journey up there and I am sorry the trip back was probably a long one based on our showing.

But we have to get it out of our system, and quickly. We have got two very important games left this month; the first is this Sunday against Dundee Utd.

I don’t have to tell you, the fans, how important Scottish Cup games are for this club. Both financially, and from a professional level. I know it is 20 years since we last won a trophy and I also understand the significance of the opposition this Sunday to that Cup win in 1991.

I can’t tell you how desperate I am to give the club a repeat of that day in 2011. And, more importantly, I think we are capable of it. In saying that, Dundee Utd are a terrific side, particularly at Tannadice and we’ve already lost there in my time as Motherwell manager. But, we can win and I will be going all out to win. With Rangers, Hearts, Kilmarnock and Hibs already out – I am sure every club in the Quarter Final can see a wee opportunity for themselves and we are no different.

I hope as many of you can make it through to Tannadice on Sunday as possible. I know Motherwell have a tradition of taking large crowds in Cup matches so hopefully a noisy enclosure will help our players progress to the Semi Final.

Forever Claret and Amber,

Stuart McCall

Manager

Motherwell Football Club

My intitial reaction when I got this today was deflect deflect deflect, cover off the performance bemoan the lack of consistency and focus on the next game but after I thought about it he's right enough Saturday is gone we can't do anything about it we need to learn from it and move on.

On Sunday we need to be on our toes and right in the Arabs faces form the off thats where we are most effective.

Onwards and upwards 'mon the well into these :wank:

I delete them unread, he might not have anything better to do with his time, but I have.

So, you come on this forum to question McCall's tactics and ability to do the job, yet delete the emails that contain his explanation as to why he does certain things? :blink:

I keep looking at the e-mails to check the part where he says he cant motivate the players in important games like Caley and St.Mirren and how we wont make the top 6 and how signing Jeffers was a bad move.Why Hately has been crapnow for weeks as has Murphy and how we couldn't keep weans out a close on saturday at Inverness. OVER TO YOU MR MCALL!! <_>

I keep looking at the e-mails to check the part where he says he cant motivate the players in important games like Caley and St.Mirren and how we wont make the top 6 and how signing Jeffers was a bad move.Why Hately has been crapnow for weeks as has Murphy and how we couldn't keep weans out a close on saturday at Inverness. OVER TO YOU MR MCALL!! <_>

:cry:

every time I get one of his emails , it cheers me up no end !!:thumbup:

this is mainly due to the fact that I just know that at exactly the same time there are loads of moaning faced cnuts reading the same thing and trying to find fault in it :whistling:

seems to me that the club got slated for years because they didnt have any communication with the fans.......

....as soon as they start sending out regular emails explaining decisions and tactics and general feeling from within the club, what happens ..???????

they get pelters !!

definitely a case of damned if they do , damned if they dont.

Keep em coming Mr M.

If you don;t like them , do what TheLip does and trash them. in fact, I am sure if you asked the club, they would remove you from their email list altogether.

I really don't understand why folk feel the need to come on here and slate them when all he is trying to do is open communication with the fans.

Some folk like them, some don't. get on with it.

He does, that's why I delete his e-mails.

Lets say for a minute your NOT fishing and at the wind up. Just answer me one thing.......you don't like our manager or Chief Executive, our last kit supplier, or IIRC our new website or the new lines of communication the club has opened up with the fans. What then do you get, in a positive sense, from Motherwell FC and when was the last time such an emotion was felt by you?

• Like 1

Lets say for a minute your NOT fishing and at the wind up. Just answer me one thing.......you don't like our manager or Chief Executive, our last kit supplier, or IIRC our new website or the new lines of communication the club has opened up with the fans. What then do you get, in a positive sense, from Motherwell FC and when was the last time such an emotion was felt by you?

That's two things, but I'll give it a go.

I've spent the best part of 50 years supporting Motherwell, and we've had more than one manager I haven't liked, but that doesn't stop me from supporting the club and never will. I get my thrills and emotions through watching the team play football, the last time was against Celtic and I was giving " I just cant get enough" big licks in the East Stand.

I cringe at some of the stuff that goes on away from the pitch. Setting up wee committees, releasing questionnaires, sending e-mails from the manager. Fuck that, this is a Football Club, not Take That's fansite, I'm not 14 years old and I don't collect autographs and it doesn't rock my boat getting an e-mail from the manager. If that's your bag fair play to you, but I have absolutely no interest in the "Thoughts of Chairman Stuart".

That's two things, but I'll give it a go.

I've spent the best part of 50 years supporting Motherwell, and we've had more than one manager I haven't liked, but that doesn't stop me from supporting the club and never will. I get my thrills and emotions through watching the team play football, the last time was against Celtic and I was giving " I just cant get enough" big licks in the East Stand.

I cringe at some of the stuff that goes on away from the pitch. Setting up wee committees, releasing questionnaires, sending e-mails from the manager. Fuck that, this is a Football Club, not Take That's fansite, I'm not 14 years old and I don't collect autographs and it doesn't rock my boat getting an e-mail from the manager. If that's your bag fair play to you, but I have absolutely no interest in the "Thoughts of Chairman Stuart".

In 2011 do you think we are the only club doing these kind of things? Not a chance. I'd bet the clubs that aren't doing questionaires, forming committees, or looking at better ways to communicate with the fans, are those in the minority. Football isn't the same as it was "the best part of 50 years ago". That is more than obvious to the lot of us. Some of the changes are positive and some aren't. Entertainment options are much greater now and communication channels have changed dramatically. I for one am glad Motherwell FC hasn't got stuck in the past and is using every possible means to get people involved, at the games, and supporting our Club.

I'll say one thing though. Even in the darkest days of Maurice Malpas' reign, if he had sent me a group email after a game, win, lose, or draw, I wouldn't have deleted it before I'd read it over. Surely if you pay your money to watch the games live you have a certain amount of interest and committment that you would WANT to see his reasoning behind some of the decisions. Or do you not read it 'cause you sneak on here to do it? :evilgrin:

• Like 3