wunderwell
-
Posts
764 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
10
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Posts posted by wunderwell
-
-
Team!
Paulsen
Sparrow
Knight Rebel
Moorman
Williams
Hodge
Fadinger
Lowry
Longelo
Said
Thor -
27 minutes ago, MJC said:
I’m very much at the same stage as the above posters saying “too early to be thinking about sacking the manager but at the same time getting increasingly concerned about him”.
Sometimes you get that gut feeling about something and for me this is one of them.
Absolutely, this is what I said on the Dundee thread.
-
1 minute ago, FirParkCornerExile said:
who knows don't know enough about him to know what kind of character he is behind the scenes. However time will tell and if he is as you suggest he wont be long in being found out. However we are a good distance away from that judgement call right now. Anyway away to watch our old manager see if the pressure is still building on him in his game tonight.
Nice one, enjoy. All about opinions.
I don't mind being wrong in the long term, in fact I would take great satisfaction in it. -
7 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:
I get the impression he's been trying not upset the apple cart from JBA team, for those that are still with us and frankly we don't have the same players to play it exactly the same. I think he now has to step up and be his own man and put a rocket up the arse of some who look to be coasting.
Herein lies my feelings thus far. I don't see that he has the rocket up the arse mentality.
Cuddly managers like Klopp, Guardiola and to a degree Askou, have plenty of bite under the surface.
Arteta, O'Neill, McInnes have some quite aggressive attitudes.
We've got a Gray/Goodwin....and that will inevitably fail imo. -
1 minute ago, FirParkCornerExile said:
I suggest you read twitter to see some saying the manager should be binned.
Ah I see! Yeh Facebook and Twitter feeds all full of trolls, fair enough.
On this forum, we can have a sensible debate! -
26 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:
Now that Ive had the drive back from Dundee to calm down I'm probably going to be in a minority of one. I didn't think it was bad as the hysteria being spouted online suggests and those saying the managers a dud and needs removed are needing a long hard look at themselves.
We played better football today than we did against Aberdeen, particularly in the second half where we upped the pace of the press. First half the build up was slow and predictable and there is no hiding the fact we have fuck all up front with Maswanhise.
The important points as I saw it. We beat ourselves, it was all self inflicted I.d be more worried if Dundee were a better team than us. This was a Dundee team getting plaudits from everywhere at how good they were and had we not shot ourselves in the foot they were never beating us today..
1. We gifted Dundee two goals, they didn't have to work hard for them.
2. Maswanhise should now be benched, he's not even nuisance value.
3. SOD needs brought back into the team. He can deliver decent balls into the area and with Eythor Bjørgolfsson in the forward line we have someone who could take advantage and unsettle the opposition. Maswanhise couldn't unsettle me..
4 Sparrow was far too content to turn back and play the safe easy ball and creating fuck all.
5. Hodge ain't doing it for me as yet, we badly need Preistman back.
6. Jake Girdwood- Reich is slower than a week in the jail and again nearly cost us .His style of play actually encourages the slow pedestrian build up. When the ball is played out to him he never does anything at pace its slow and pedestrian and it allows our opponents to set up in positions to stifle us.
7. Its time for Eythor Bjørgolfsson to start . He did more to unsettle Dundees defence in 8 minutes than Maswanhise or RCC have done in 8 games.
8. Manager is being too predictable and loyal in his team selection. We have a big squad and we have different options the manager now needs to use them.
I actually don't think we are too far away we just need the manager to make the necessary sacrifices among some of his automatic picks and for the players to learn that they don't need to take 4 or 5 touches in the box. If he sticks with his predictable first team picks we are going to see more of the same.
Why can't you predict anything negative? I've no need to have a long hard look at myself.
I've not seen anyone who wants the manager removed at this juncture and nor should we be even entertaining this.
However, my prediction is that he won't cut it, for a number of factors I have seen so far.
We need to give him some time to figure out if my gut feeling comes correct.
-
21 minutes ago, stv said:
Tactics from the manager shite. Should have changed it second half playing with the wind instead side passing ,wee stupid backwards passing , Dundee like Aberdeen loved that .
Maswanhise is shite BTW looking to fall at every opportunity. Doesn't look interested. Thor should have been on at start of second half
We are so slow at getting the ball up to strikers that every time it's 3 taking on 10.
If you have someone like Maswanhise in the team, get it into his feet when it's 1 on 1.
Said is facing similar difficulties.
-
This is reminding me of nice guy Stevie Hammell.........
-
Really tough. I love Priestman I think he's going to be fantastic.
But Hodge could be really great too.So um.
Paulsen
Koutroumbis
JKL
Moorman
Longelo
Priestman
Hodge
Fadinger
Lowry
Maswanhise
Kanga
Lowry playing a Just role.......false 9 would be the only way to do it because Maswanhise can't play as a central striker
Williams, Thor, Said, JGR, Charles Cook would be 5 great subs -
There is always constructive points that need to be raised that may sound negative about specific factors.
A bit like Grizzly I stay on the positive side of things and I've raised hundreds of positive comments before.
I'd like to raise a couple of points - that I think went wrong yesterday.
I believe after the St Mirren game - and the managers emphasis after the game about chasing goals led to us pulling back a bit yesterday on risk appetite.
Playing out of the back is fine when you break the ball to Watt (last season) or Priestman to then push it forward to the next line of attack.
There is far less point in it when you break the press and don't get it moving forward quickly enough.
We can play 30+ perfect passes to face 8 v 10 in the opposition box.
The reward is to break the press and use our pace otherwise we hold onto possession as a relief but our likelihood of getting chances is far less great. This was a big fault yesterday.
I think the forum allows especially after a defeat to analyse what I think we can do better.-
1
-
1
-
-
2 minutes ago, Prestwickwell said:
Never seen the game like I said
but the issue is rangers have been dire this season so we should have been able to lay a glove on them
would very much doubt any other team has conceded 27 shots
seb should have started up front & we should have had a go at it
fadinger looks like he needs a rest, maybe said as well & we need to start playing with a purpose to hurt teams
Well lets fact check that.
Rangers 1 Hibs 2
Rangers had 27 shots at goal. -
1 hour ago, Benson said:
Big seb just looks like a runner,eythor looks out of his depth,tj aint no centre forward,cookie the same,hendrie useless and injured and stama useless and apparently away home.
The first two for me haven't had enough proper gametime.
I think big Eythor deserves a chance to play over 90 mins, we need to add a little physicality to that area-
1
-
-
3 hours ago, mio said:
Worst performance I’ve seen from us in a long time. Sparrow the worst of the bunch.
we look knackered which is fair enough, we need a wee break.
hodge our best player
For me Charles Cook ran close to Sparrow for that accolade
-
3 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:
MJC Just said he miskicked it! 🤣
He's only quick to post when there is something negative to say.
-
1
-
-
1 minute ago, grizzlyg said:
Awww gies peace
He couldn't wait to get his wee snidey word in.
Games not done yet either. -
4 hours ago, grizzlyg said:
Wonder if an AJ tactic or just coincidence but I don't like us attacking away end 2nd half. Maybe selfish as I sit nearer home end but I wonder why we have started doing that
There will be someone with some statistics but I think 60% of goals of FP come at that end.
There you go, I've hung my hat on this made up stat. -
Much of this debate is about either or. It's both - if we beat freiburg over two legs we would recognise this as one of the best results in our history.
Now to do both, he should have played the best players from the start and tried to put the game to bed.
Many had to play 45 mins anyway in one form or another. So it's not worked in any shape or form.
The way we play we need a lot of legs and forward thinking from our full backs as standard. Strikers need supply and we were never going to get that today. It's way to early for Booth, he's neat but creates little impact.
I'm really disappointed in RCC overall. I think I am done, waiting on the transformation. -
53 minutes ago, MJC said:
A European run was never happening, even had JBA stayed imo. We would still have lost key players and have been short of options come the tie. But as I said I’m not overly concerned about Europe, the real test comes when the league season begins and we’ve got a lot of work to do to be ready for that.
Beaten before a ball is kicked.
-
Damn just read he missed a penalty v Celtic that lost us a semi final.
I just remember him hitting a shot so hard in the tennent sixes that no one could tell if it went in or not. -
John Philliben
-
At that age he will get on well with our 35 year old chairman!
-
1 minute ago, couttsy said:
Fadinger?! Please tell me he’s not out tomorrow! 🙏🏻
Oops! Sorry 2 large vinos down!
-
2
-
-
Connelly
O'Donnell
Welsh
Koutroumbis
Longelo
Watt
Priestman
Sparrow
Slattery
Just
Maswanhise -
3 hours ago, Spiderpig said:
A problem entirely of their own making, i assume its not the Celtic fans allegedly harrassing Beaton, which is totally unacceprable under any circumstances.
So why does Beaton keep getting Celtic games given the issues involving him.
The statement condems everyone else but fails to mention any intention to resolve the main issue, ie incompetent match and Var officials continuously getting decisions wrong.
Great point - a bit of common sense here would have seen someone else referee the match. Preventable.
Motherwell v Celtic 11/10/2026
in Club Chat
Posted
10/11 is not bad!
I think SOD looked lack of fitness in his last game, it's not the ideal choice and I think if SOD had 30 min runouts last few games I would agree.
I think it's too tough an ask.