The Chase For The Top Six

Rickoza

i think the cup is probably worth more.

half the gate from the final would be worth around £400k plus the tv money. add in all the merchandise and hospitality the club could sell and you're looking at a fair old sum.

the money isn't the biggest issue anyway, winning the cup would give us benefits money can't buy.

Agreed yes.gif

Top six is sorted. No way will ICT win all those games.

Rest a few for the Hearts game and make sure we are in peak condition for the semi final as I am pretty sure St Johnstone will be doing the same.

Hearts beat us and ICT need two wins and a draw. Big, big, ask for them but not impossible. Perfect scenario at the weekend is for both us and ICT to win.

It pains me to say it, but financially our league position is worth far more than any cup win.

Maybe we should rest a few of our big players for the cup semi in order to keep them fresh for the remainder of our league campaign.ph34r.gifph34r.gif

It probably says more about Dundee Utd's wagebill than an SPL prize money v Cup money guesstimate but mind its only a few weeks since they posted their accounts for last season and despite winning the cup they were only £66k to the good.

But really in terms of rather than just playing our games it'll just be good to be in there (once confirmed ofcourse). The bottom six is completely dead in the water with Accies counting the days to their execution where as least we will have a say in fucking up one of the Old Firm's title bid - as we have come to enjoy.

And if we can blag a couple of decent home attendances and sneak 4th or 5th then all the better.

It probably says more about Dundee Utd's wagebill than an SPL prize money v Cup money guesstimate but mind its only a few weeks since they posted their accounts for last season and despite winning the cup they were only £66k to the good.

But really in terms of rather than just playing our games it'll just be good to be in there (once confirmed ofcourse). The bottom six is completely dead in the water with Accies counting the days to their execution where as least we will have a say in fucking up one of the Old Firm's title bid - as we have come to enjoy.

And if we can blag a couple of decent home attendances and sneak 4th or 5th then all the better.

At the forum a few months back at the fans forum Leeann said that us finishing in 3rd and winning the cup (like United) would keep us going financially for 7 years.

I felt and said after the ICT game that we wouldn't make the top 6 and I'm delighted to be proven wrong. And after some horrendous results earlier in the year. The last 3 results have been fantastic and even more so when we achieved the last 2 with many first choices missing/rested. Well done to McCall and the players.

Celtic are due too many home games after the split, meaning they are likely to play Motherwell, Dundee utd or killie away a 3rd time.

Maybe after last year they will balance that up, by us playing Celtic a 3rd time at fir park?? Would mean a 3rd trip to killie, or hearts though, I think???