Scottish Cup Semi Dates

B.K.

A Dandy Don mate has had an email from the club telling them that their game against Celtic is being played at Lunchtime on the Sunday and is due to be televised.

They are not best pleased as there is only 1 train south from Aberdeen to Glasgow that arrives before 12 o'clock, who actually organises these things ??

Meaning the other Semi, which hopefully we will be involved in, will be the Saturday game.

both games televised so no 3pms as far as i know.

But I wouldn't bank on getting there just yet. Fear we're in for a disappointment given the chance we've got :(

EDIT:

Yep 12.45 kick off on the Saturday.

Edited by Gaag
Adding link

I'll worry about the timing of the game if and when we get there but unless there's been a revision on the TV deal or Sky/BBC still have live games up their sleeves to show both, I don't think there's a hard and fast ruling as to when the Semi Finals are played. There have been some in recent years that haven't been televised.

I don't think Utd's Semi Final last season was shown live for example, it was 3pm on the Sunday. I remember listening to it in the house seeing as how we we were looking for them to win the Cup to help us get a Europa League place.

Timings crap, but at least it is a Saturday and not the Sunday.

If we were to get through and play either St J or Brechin then they would be as well switching to Tynecastle or even Livingston. Be lucky to get above 12,000.

Good shout Iain ......... Motherwell -v- St Johnstone at Tynecastle, Motherwell -v- Brechin at East End Park or Almondvale makes more sense .

And if Utd make it thru why not have their Semi at Pittodrie ?

Hampden is a pointless option given the 4 teams in our side of the draw. In 1991 Utd played their semi at East End Park, (against St Johnstone) :doh:

http://news.bbc.co.u...ups/9432498.stm

BBC Scotland will provide live television coverage of this season's first Scottish Cup semi-final. Dundee United or Motherwell v Brechin City or St Johnstone will be shown on BBC One Scotland on Saturday 16 April.

Aberdeen face Celtic the following day in the other semi-final and live commentary from both matches will be available on BBC Radio Scotland.

St Johnstone host Brechin on Tuesday while the other quarter-final replay takes place on 30 March.

Motherwell are the home team in their replay against United.

Both semi-finals, which take place at Hampden Park with 1245 BST kick-offs, will be played to a finish on the day and extra-time and penalties will be used if necessary.