125th Anniversary Strip

Pettywulliegrew-2

Think the anniversary top looks smashing, yeah similar to retro ones, but end of the day its to celebrate 125 years of Motherwell Football Club and as said thats the strip you identify with Motherwell, thats the strip most worn over the years. I will be getting myself one at some point soon, glad its short sleeved by the way. Love new designs and some designs others have posted up on different threads but we can leave new designs for future away kits or the odd home kit. Think the vast majority of well fans would prefer tradition to a new design or one that was only used for one or two seasons in our history,

• Like 1

Think it's a mistake by the club to bring in a top that will never be worn and expect us to fork out £45 quid for it.

Don't know how they can justify it. Again, as much as some may argue they have thought long and hard, the end result doesn't seem a fair reflection on waht most of the fans were looking for, whether in style or the fact it won't ever see the light of day.

• Like 2

This top won't be worn in a one off league match next season to commemorate our anniversary?

This was one of the initial ideas put forward for this season (to be worn on the game nearest our anniversary). As I said in a previous post there are lots of obstacles in the way before this would have been allowed to happen. You need approval from the SFA/SPL, and permission from your sponsor to wear the shirt without the logo they have paid good money for. The two games closest to our birth date are against Celtic, one at Celtic Park and the big one at Hampden. I'm not sure if Commsworld would have been too keen to allow us to wear a sponsor free shirt at the national final, and in my opinion Celtic park is not the best place to celebrate our anniversary. Not to worry, I'm sure the club will have something suitable planned pre or at the start of next season to celebrate our 125th birthday.

Think it's a mistake by the club to bring in a top that will never be worn and expect us to fork out £45 quid for it.

Don't know how they can justify it. Again, as much as some may argue they have thought long and hard, the end result doesn't seem a fair reflection on waht most of the fans were looking for, whether in style or the fact it won't ever see the light of day.

I hope you don't mind me saying so but we would not be so arrogant as to "expect" you to fork out. Like all our leisurewear we design and produce, it is entirely the choice of the supporter as to whether they purchase or not. Obviously we would prefer that you do and when you see the garment it may sway your decision. The £45 price tag is due to the heavier weighht polyester fabric we have used. Remember we are also offering a £5 discount for pre-order. :nod:

Chers

Alan

Just a shame it won't be available for the final as I'm sure the club could have made a mint.

Aye, seems a bit daft releasing it a matter of weeks after the cup final, especially as there are no 2010/11 shirts available to buy. I would certainly have bought one for wearing to the cup final but I won't bother now. Only Motherwell I suppose.

I hope you don't mind me saying so but we would not be so arrogant as to "expect" you to fork out.

If you didn't expect people to buy it, then wouldn't it just be terrible buissness practice to produce it?

Surely expectation of sales is the basis for which products must be modelled against before being produced?

You would never put money behind a top and not expect people to want to buy it. :mellow:

Aye, seems a bit daft releasing it a matter of weeks after the cup final, especially as there are no 2010/11 shirts available to buy. I would certainly have bought one for wearing to the cup final but I won't bother now. Only Motherwell I suppose.

The shirt was always planned for a summer release and has been planned for months. These things take a lot longer than you might think.

Obviously we only knew about the Cup Final once we cleared the semi final hurdle and we have tried to bring production forward as we are aware of the sales potential of the cup final. Unfortunately it has not been possible despite our best effort

Now, where did I put that crystal ball :rolleyes:

If you didn't expect people to buy it, then wouldn't it just be terrible buissness practice to produce it?

Surely expectation of sales is the basis for which products must be modelled against before being produced?

You would never put money behind a top and not expect people to want to buy it. :mellow:

Not quite what I meant.

Of course we have sales projections and we order accordingly.

We then hope that the quality of the product and the price point will bring the necesary sales. I was trying to say that we don't just expect our supporters to buy all products regardless of these factors as may have been suggested in the post. I could have picked that up wrong and I apologise if it came across that way.

I think we are splitting hairs now and this could go round in circles.

Cheers

Alan

I expect some well fans will buy it. PSL through experience of launching these products will expect there will be a certain demand for it.

There's no obligation or intention to twist peoples arm to part with cash against your will.

If you don't like the top keep yer pennies in yer pocket and refuse to buy it.

If you don't like eastenders switch off yer telly.

It really is as simple as that.

This top is supposed to help celebrate 125 years when we wore blue yet we bring out a claret and amber top from the 60's! Total cock up.

This is where we seem to have got lost somewhere. The shirt is to celebrate 125 glorious years of Motherwell Football Club. We are doing so by bringing out a jersey which is a reflection of that history. It may not be everyones interpretation but its the one we decided to go with after careful consideration.

Goodness me this is hard work :)

A collaboration between the club and its teamwear partner bringing in a supporter (who posts countless great designs on here) to design one of what I presume will be a number of products to allow us to commemorate 125 years of the well (if we want to buy it)

Tell ye whit, folk have gone to the electric chair for less.

I really don't know why they bother.

i'll be buying it, no doubt, as I said before though, I'm just disappointed at two things:

A. the club are not commemorating 125 years on the field (where it matters) by having a limited edition top

and

B. the new strip will be out two minutes later, so that's best part of a ton down the pan for two t-shirts.