125th Anniversary Strip

Pettywulliegrew-2

I just thought that I would add my opinion.

First of all it ain't petrol blue, if anything it's sky blue,I notice on that site of old jerseys that we also had, yellow and black stripes,plain white and a snazzy maroon, will we incorporate them.

In 1913, we started to wear claret and amber and for 98 years that's been our colours.

My opinion is we should stick to claret and amber but put a petrol blue badge or maybe epaulettes for those who want to wear blue.

Spot on Auldyin!:drinks:

I doubt anyone has seen Motherwell play before 1913 anyway:nod:

I'm quite comfortable with either a claret and amber strip which represents the club's colours over the bulk of our hisotry or if its a one-off blue and white kit.

Perhaps another option might be to do what Aberdeen did to mark one of their anniversaries was to incorporate their original colours, black and gold as I recall, as the away shirt for the season. That way both the past and present are marked.

Perhaps another option might be to do what Aberdeen did to mark one of their anniversaries was to incorporate their original colours, black and gold as I recall, as the away shirt for the season. That way both the past and present are marked.

I assumed that would be the route we would go down. Surely a blue strip would be the away strip?

Wouldn't be surprised though if we end up with a similar effort to the silver Sheff Wed strip provided by Puma.

Spare a thought for Atlético Paranaenese as they have produced a shirt celebrating their 87th year! blink.gif I can understand a 100 Years or 125 years, but 87?

This is the new Atlético Paranaenese home shirt produced by Umbro in commemoration of the club's 87 year anniversary and to be used for one game only.

207tgzp.jpg

The club launched the new kit at the weekend in a Campeonato Paranaense match at home to struggling side Cascavel in which they won 2-0. This match was used as it is the date closest to the foundation date of the club, the 26th of March. The shirt is a reimagination the the first few that were worn in the first few since the founding of the club and also 1925, the season when Atlético-PR won their first major title

I think the blue kit being an away kit is a far better option, that's if it does materialise. If we were playing in a home kit that wasn't Claret and Amber, even if it was as a one off there would be plenty of opposition to it.

As for the debate of what shade of blue we played in originally- I think it's would be enough that we are paying homage to our originial colours being blue without getting bogged down on the shade of it. I think "Petrol" blue is the best shade to incorporate it with Claret and Amber edgings- see underboyleheating's design in the fantasy kit thread.

That's an away kit I'd buy long before it became £10 at the end of the season!

I agree that a blue and white striped kit should be an away strip for next season while keeping claret and amber as our home colours. Watching the england game last night I though of something along the lines of the current Ghana away top (also made by puma): -

10890.png

Have the stripes in blue and white with the shoulder section claret with the wee pinstripes (in green above) in amber. It looks good in my head but i dont know how to translate my thoughts into a fantasy kit.

Sorry big yin but it doesn't mention petrol blue

Indeed Matt, it was just my interpretation of how it looks on that site, which was where I thought all this talk of petrol blue originated from.

Suppose I just like the idea of something retro and connected with 1886. Plenty other Clubs have done similar so why not MFC ? Besides it'll hopefully provide me with a wee opportune momento to celebrate MFC 125 and Me 50 :cheers:

Indeed Matt, it was just my interpretation of how it looks on that site, which was where I thought all this talk of petrol blue originated from.

Suppose I just like the idea of something retro and connected with 1886. Plenty other Clubs have done similar so why not MFC ? Besides it'll hopefully provide me with a wee opportune momento to celebrate MFC 125 and Me 50 :cheers:

I don't even know where Petrol Blue came from, might even have been me yonks ago :lol:

Anyway, I would welcome the Sampdoria style one as seen previously, not just because I had a part to play in suggesting such a design but because I think it ticks all the boxes. It doffs the cap to our traditions at a time of special note, has enough C&A to appease any doubters but it's a fine looking strip in it's own right and one that would I likely purchase from the outset, unlike the last 15 years.

Has to be an away kit though.:nod:

what's the sampdoria one your talking about fatcalf?

It was produced for the Xara competition and came in 2nd IIRC, there's been a few discussions about it. Unfortunately I'm not in a position to upload a pic (new PC, cannae work it yet :lol: ) but sure someone will now that you've asked.

I'd prefer the modern badge, but with some silver detail - perhaps the ball and, maybe, the Fir trees. Actually, probably just the ball. If you look at the '91 tops versus the recently issued replicas, I'm sure the original ball was white. So maybe a bit of silver detail there would look nice.

the 'sampdoria' strip may one day be made but it won't an 125 anniversary strip

I think it will just be just another retro strip but with 125 anniversary on it, if your luck it will have a claret hoop

• 3 weeks later...