125th Anniversary Strip

Pettywulliegrew-2

This will probably be the "purest" Motherwell kit to be worn at Fir Park since the 60s! Older fans will wonder what has hit them Dave!

I got my top a couple of weeks ago and I'm well impressed - getting it's 1st outing today.

Can't wait to see the team in the full strip as descibed by SCDave, with the wee numbers et al - throwback to the 60's right enough

MON RA DOSSERS

Really looking forward to seeing the kit today :thumbup: Don`t get why we didn`t use it as our official strip this year though, its gona look so much better than what we have chose to go with :angry:

The new kit is pretty decent to be fair, don't you think?

I thought the 125th anniversary kit looked the business today, all the way down to the old school numbers on the back.

I'm a big fan of the minimalist look though. I'd prefer the retro look every season to be honest, although I doubt that would do much for kit sales.

The shirt, shorts and sock combination looked great today. Although I’m sure the players wouldn’t have been too keen on the slightly heavier than usual polyester knit used for the top! In saying that it’s probably still lighter than the heavy cotton used to produce original 50s and 60s shirts.

313ppww.jpg

The shirt, shorts and sock combination looked great today. Although I’m sure the players wouldn’t have been too keen on the slightly heavier than usual polyester knit used for the top! In saying that it’s probably still lighter than the heavy cotton used to produce original 50s and 60s shirts.

313ppww.jpg

The Leeds player on the left looks like Lee Mcculloch and the one on the right looks like chris porter :P

But anyways now I really can't wait until my top comes in the mail, looks cracking

Think it's cause it has no sponsor

I think many people are of a different oppinion but I prefer having a sponsor on a strip. But it has to be a sponsor which really fits to the shirt. I think this stip is nice, but it looks a bit "empty"

I think many people are of a different oppinion but I prefer having a sponsor on a strip. But it has to be a sponsor which really fits to the shirt. I think this stip is nice, but it looks a bit "empty"

Definitely a generation thing, sponsors on strips totally ruins them from my older viewpoint, yeterdays kit was just about the exact kit we were wearing when my Dad first started taking me to Fir Park so it has personal feeling attached to it. That and the simple uncluttered look of it, it's just a Motherwell football strip, that is all, not a walking advert for other companies.:yahoo:

• Like 2

Definitely a generation thing, sponsors on strips totally ruins them from my older viewpoint, yeterdays kit was just about the exact kit we were wearing when my Dad first started taking me to Fir Park so it has personal feeling attached to it. That and the simple uncluttered look of it, it's just a Motherwell football strip, that is all, not a walking advert for other companies.:yahoo:

Similar to me Fatcalf, this was the first strip that I remember seeing as a kid when my dad first took me to Fir Park. A very simple iconic football kit.

Looking at the pics of the game I thought I was back at Fir Park in the '60's....:yahoo::laugh::cheers:

They should have shot the pictures in black and white!

2gtu2o7.jpg

I thought the kit looked great yesterday. I haven't seen the real home kit in person but I'd have been very happy with that anniversary kit as our strip for the full season.

Is it just the top that's for sale from the anniversary kit though aye?

Is it just the top that's for sale from the anniversary kit though aye?

Yes, just the top.

If you are really desperate for the full kit you can buy similar hooped socks online.

The white shorts can really be bought anywhere, but similar ones to the ones used can be bought here.

So why couldn't we just have the anniversary kit as oor new strip then?

I think changes would have had to be made. The number would have to be lowered to allow for the name of the player which I think would have spoiled a little bit of the magic for some and not to mention the sponsor.