Hampden

Yoshi-1991

To me, that is a completely bizarre layout. Why not have one set of fans along the North lower tier, one set along the South lower tier.

Who gives a fuck what it's gonna look like on the telly, whatever way you sit everyone 15000 fans in a 50000 seater stadium will always look empty.

To me, that is a completely bizarre layout. Why not have one set of fans along the North lower tier, one set along the South lower tier.

Who gives a fuck what it's gonna look like on the telly, whatever way you sit everyone 15000 fans in a 50000 seater stadium will always look empty.

They could sell every fourth seat. That way we could stretch out and use the whole stadium;0)

don't really mind to spacing out of fans just pissed off with the prices

Prices are pretty standard no? £22 is an entry to the away end at New Douglas Park, and this is the semi final of Scotland's biggest cup competition and you can get a ticket cheaper than £22.

It's not the prices that are the issue (well OK it'd be great if everyone lowered prices like the QF), it's the layout. Truly bizarre and counter intuitive.

Unfortunately there is not enough fans from either team to make the crowd look anywhere near decent. It's not the fault of Motherwell or St Johnstone, it's just a fact. How you resolve this I'm not too sure.

Simple. bulldoze ibrox and parkhead, slap the great unwashed bigots about a bit, teach them that this is scotland, tell them its now the 21st century, gie them a bar of soap, get them scrubbed clean and then tell them to support a team for football reasons. :yahoo:

Prices are pretty standard no? £22 is an entry to the away end at New Douglas Park, and this is the semi final of Scotland's biggest cup competition and you can get a ticket cheaper than £22.

It's not the prices that are the issue (well OK it'd be great if everyone lowered prices like the QF), it's the layout. Truly bizarre and counter intuitive.

Agree bizarre........no concessions for kids other than the family section,so if you want to sit in the siging section with a child it will cost £44 :wallbash: South £44/50 :dash2:

Why not make C1-3 in the North stand the family area and keep all the fans together then start to use B6-8 as the over spill if we sell that out.

There are some right :wank: at the SFA :doh:

SOUTH STAND – SECTION O: £25 SOUTH STAND – SECTIONS P1 AND P2: £22 NORTH STAND – SECTIONS C4 AND C5: £22 WEST STAND – SECTIONS B4 AND B5: £18 WEST STAND – SECTIONS B6 TO B8 (FAMILY): £15 / 5

the prices are not excessive

I just think if the prices were lower there would be a bigger crowd and a bigger crowed would mean a better atmosphere

I sure the crowd on Wednesday night would have been a lot smaller if the gate prices were £20.

Prices have to be agreed by all semi-finalists though, not just us and the Perth Saintees.

I believe that's correct. I also believe when one of the Old Firm are involved there is more chance of a packet of Fox's Ginger Crunch creams lasting over a week in my kitchen cupboard than agreement being reached on reduced prices.

I believe that's correct. I also believe when one of the Old Firm are involved there is more chance of a packet of Fox's Ginger Crunch creams lasting over a week in my kitchen cupboard than agreement being reached on reduced prices.

Spot on Fatcalf, those greedy bastards would never agree to reducing prices. For the first time in my life I actually feel sorry for their fans.

That is a fine biscuit right enough.

The layout for our game is shambolic - nothing more to be said on that, totally draining any atmosphere from the game

The reason for this I believe is that in the other semi final - Aberdeen and Celtic could easily see a 30-40k+ crowd - now if the tickets for their game are priced at :

SOUTH STAND – SECTION O: £25

SOUTH STAND – SECTIONS P1 AND P2: £22

NORTH STAND – SECTIONS C4 AND C5: £22

WEST STAND – SECTIONS B4 AND B5: £18

WEST STAND – SECTIONS B6 TO B8 (FAMILY): £15 / 5

Then, so no one complains - our game has to be offered the same. Difference is - both those teams have the fan base, whereas us and St. J do not

Best thing to do, would be just not hold it at Hampden

Anyway - it is what it is and we cant change it.

I'm going to put my neck on the line here and wait to be slaughtered..................

Agree bizarre........no concessions for kids other than the family section,so if you want to sit in the siging section with a child it will cost £44 :wallbash: South £44/50 :dash2:

Why not make C1-3 in the North stand the family area and keep all the fans together then start to use B6-8 as the over spill if we sell that out.

This singing section is that - a singing section - and most of the people who are going to want to purchase a ticket in this section are those who are normally at the south side of the east stand. If you dont already know, most people in this section like to STAND at the games. If you are thinking of buying a ticket for this section, do us all a favour and leave the "gonna sit down, ah canny see" at home

tin hat on - but our supporters seem to have lost the use of their legs for 90mins - most other fans like to stand, look at United the other night. And whether you like it or not standing generates more of an atmosphere than sitting

Raith Rovers allocation this time last year:

South Stand: I4, I5 and I6 - £25.00

South Stand: I3 - £22.00

North Stand: D2, D3 and D4 - £18.00 North Stand: D1 (Adult and Child) - £15.00 and £5.00

Child under 16, up to 4 per Adult.

While the fans were still split at least the East & West were closed. I suspect Aberdeen and Celtic weren't wiling for Motherwell/Saints fans to be allocated £18 and family tickets in the North/South. Bonkers!

The layout for our game is shambolic - nothing more to be said on that, totally draining any atmosphere from the game

The reason for this I believe is that in the other semi final - Aberdeen and Celtic could easily see a 30-40k+ crowd - now if the tickets for their game are priced at :

SOUTH STAND – SECTION O: £25

SOUTH STAND – SECTIONS P1 AND P2: £22

NORTH STAND – SECTIONS C4 AND C5: £22

WEST STAND – SECTIONS B4 AND B5: £18

WEST STAND – SECTIONS B6 TO B8 (FAMILY): £15 / 5

Then, so no one complains - our game has to be offered the same. Difference is - both those teams have the fan base, whereas us and St. J do not

Best thing to do, would be just not hold it at Hampden

Anyway - it is what it is and we cant change it.

I'm going to put my neck on the line here and wait to be slaughtered..................

This singing section is that - a singing section - and most of the people who are going to want to purchase a ticket in this section are those who are normally at the south side of the east stand. If you dont already know, most people in this section like to STAND at the games. If you are thinking of buying a ticket for this section, do us all a favour and leave the "gonna sit down, ah canny see" at home

tin hat on - but our supporters seem to have lost the use of their legs for 90mins - most other fans like to stand, look at United the other night. And whether you like it or not standing generates more of an atmosphere than sitting

Weesacs the point I was making was for me to take my son to the area where "all the singing is" would double my expense.

Having attended football matches since 1970, I seem to remember the novelty of standing up during games..........and totally agree it generates more atmosphere, and it would have been nice if he (9 year old) could experience the big match atmosphere/singing/smoke bombs/etc etc etc. But as you say the layout is shambolic.

But I dont think you and the rest of the boys from the south side of the east stand will have anything to worry about, will you lot not try and recreate the view you get at FP and will be standing right down at the front with a shit view :whistling:

Best thing would have been Easter Road. two stands each and a day oot in Auld Reekie !

But enjoy your day out,I know I will :cheers:

I've got a funny feeling Motherwell wouldn't have been pushing for reduced ticket prices either seeing as the gate receipts get pooled and we get a quarter of the money from each and every one of those Celtic and Aberdeen fans (as they do with our money but there's a hell of a lot more of them.

Considering the likely attendance I don't know why they couldn't have just put everyone in the South Stand ( with the family section on the fringes and one of the sections allocated to the singing section). It's going to look empty anyway - just let the South Stand cameras concentrate on the pitch and use the track-side cameramen for crowd shots.

Just to be pendantic.... Your right it says a singing section. Not a standing section. If people want to go there and sing for the team, but want to sit to enjoy it then why shouldn't they? It is after all an all seater stadium. I can enjoy the game standing or sitting, and I don't feel that doing either significantly enhances my enjoyment of the football on offer. Each to their own though.

i think he means that if you sit here you should be prepared to stand, not a rule that you have to stand, but its unlikely that folk are gona sit down so you can sit and watch the game in the area that has been designated for creating some atmosphere.

Yeah, I get that and I expect that. I am only saying that there will be people who want to sit there as its on the halfway line (or there abouts) and want to sing for the team, but may either not want to, or are unable to stand for the full match. I was just meaning that if people go there wanting to stand, then they too should be prepared to sit down if someone behind them can't see the game because of them standing.

That layout is an absolute joke, why not just have everybody together. Just shows how much of a shambles the SFA actually is. What we'll see is a third empty stadium with a flat atmosphere. Dont care how it looks on the tele either; 20000 in a 50000 seater stadium is completely non-sensical.

Easter Road or Tynecastle would have more than suited both clubs. Scandalous decision.

Not really that impressed with the layout either (like everyone else in this thread) but thought I'd let you know that section C4 was filled from XX down to row Y as of tonight.

Might be useful for someone trying to time a wee ticket purchase to the right moment for a front row number.