Hearts Vs Motherwell 23/4/11

steelboy

Randolph's recovery was excellent when he fumbled that cross, and I think if the defender didn't get the block he would have saved the shot at the end of that too. An excellent save for the point blank header too.

Excellent play by Jones when he turned the boy and then rode a late swipe.

Didn't buy the paper but Ian Black was saying in some Edinburgh Paper that Sutty would fit in well at Tynecastle. Hope they just fuck off and leave him alone.

If you mean Kenny Black, then this is the article -- but being some Edinburgh Paper, bear in mind how much spin is likely to have been applied to what Kenny Black may or may not have actually said.

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Black-Hearts-would-be-good.6758048.jp

Black: Hearts would be good for Sutton if he leaves Motherwell

Published Date: 26 April 2011

By BARRY ANDERSON

JOHN SUTTON was today advised to make Hearts his destination should he leave Motherwell this summer, with the Fir Park assistant manager Kenny Black endorsing Tynecastle as a "good place to play football".

Black, who spent five years with Hearts as a player, is hopeful Sutton will remain in Lanarkshire after Motherwell made a formal contract offer to the striker's agent striker last Friday. But if he is to depart as a free agent in June, Black believes he should have no hesitation in heading east.

The Evening News has learned that interest from the SPL and the English Championship is appealing to Sutton, with Hearts manager Jim Jefferies refusing to publicly confirm whether he is in the running to sign the 27-year-old. Sutton, right, scored twice at Tynecastle on Saturday and Black believes he would be ideally suited to playing there.

"I wouldn't put anybody off moving to Hearts. Tynecastle is a marvellous stadium for atmosphere and Hearts is a good club," said Black. "I had five great years there myself so I wouldn't have any hesitation in recommending a move. They carry a fantastic support and the fans are desperate for success. It's a good place to play your football.

"I think with Jim saying he's looking for another target man due to Kevin Kyle's injury, there's nothing we can do about the situation with John. It's part and parcel of the game. We'll see what happens. John is an experienced enough lad to know it's that time of year and he's obviously trying to look for the best deal possible.

"We would certainly love to keep him but he can exercise his right to speak to clubs.

"If he is going to move on he would go with our best wishes, but we will be looking to try and tie up all the players who are out of contract. We will make them all offers, then it's up to them."

I read on sky sports news on me phone that our assistant manager was talking up hearts, saying how "tynecastle is a marvellous stadium for atmosphere and Hearts is a good club, I had five great years there myself so I wouldn't have any hesitations in recomending a move" N how its a great place to play.

Surely the last thing he should be doing is telling one of our star players how attractive a move to our SPL opponents is. Bit stupid from Black methinks considering there seems quite a fine line between Sutts staying or leaving. :angry:

Been reading a few different teams forums recently and the general concensus seems to be that on their day Motherwell are the best team in the SPL outside the mould firm. Now if only the Motherwell supporters had the same mind set maybe we'd see a few more bodies turning up to support the lads. (& if only Motherwell were on their day more often we'd be sitting comfortably were the jam tarts are)

Been reading a few different teams forums recently and the general concensus seems to be that on their day Motherwell are the best team in the SPL outside the mould firm. Now if only the Motherwell supporters had the same mind set maybe we'd see a few more bodies turning up to support the lads. (& if only Motherwell were on their day more often we'd be sitting comfortably were the jam tarts are)

Oh go on Ian you mean top o' SPL.....:drinks: