Final Anthem Poll

el-pidge

all i will say it this, what ever is chosen, dont change any of the words, i hate it when people try do it, just leave them alone, the name "motherwell" or words like "claret" or "amber" or anything like that doesnt need to be it the song, just leave it alone.

all i will say it this, what ever is chosen, dont change any of the words, i hate it when people try do it, just leave them alone, the name "motherwell" or words like "claret" or "amber" or anything like that doesnt need to be it the song, just leave it alone.

I concur, it's hard enough remembering the words to one song without having to learn alterations. It's always in danger of sounding right crap too.

Chumbawumba added. I'll add up to 4 more good suggestions that get a reasonable amount of support.

oi are you fucking welshaphobic or something. Ring of fire please. :popcorn:

I agree it needs a wee bit more up tempo, however the words are right on the money with a few alterations for cultural/football references (Jericho for Piggery is one):

The higher you build your barriers

The taller we become

The farther you take our rights away

The faster Humph will run

You can deny us

It's clear our time has come

No matter, cos there's....

[CHORUS]

Something inside so strong

I know that we can make it

Tho' you're doing us wrong, so wrong

You thought that our pride was gone

Oh no, something inside so strong

Oh oh oh oh oh something inside so strong

The more you refuse to hear our voice

The louder we will sing

You hide behind walls of your Piggery

Your lies will come tumbling

Deny our place in time

You squander wealth that's mine

Our cup will shine so brightly

It will blind you

Cos there's......

Republicans have been using that for years. Not them lyrics obviously .

What is this pish?

We have never sung any of these songs at Fir Park - ever.

To be fair, I've heard "Three Little Birds" a few times at 'Well games now. For that reason, it gets my vote ahead of something that doesn't get sung at all.

Hey Jude is sang by the Tims, the last thing we want it to be copying them. Bob Marley is the only decent one on the poll, the rest aren't just not as good, they're pish.

I know I came up with the poll.... but I totally agree. The others ain't my suggestions. Didnt know that about Hey Jude.... but I imagine it's been done to death anyway, as with chumbawumba. Lean on me and Stand by Me are cheesy as fü¢k. Savage Garden are hoofters. One clear winner in my eyes, but that isnt democracy is it.

I fail to understand what the fk this is.....

Likewise....what's this poll for?

A song wins and then 6 people that have paid attention to a thread on the internet sing it? huh.gif

Try not to take it to serious and maybe then you will understand :thumbup:

Try not to take it to serious and maybe then you will understand :thumbup:

Aye try not to take it too seriously.

I'll tell you one thing though. For many years Motherwell fans have been a laughing stock for how pathetic their choir is, I think it has been picking up of recent times thanks mainly to a generation younger than mine who can all give themselves a pat on the back.

It's its exactly a vocal support that attracts more fans and with attendances dwindling we have to bear the brunt of a significant portion the responsibility.

Please shut yer moaning and give it a go ffs.

What is the key ingredient to a spectator sport? ATMOSPHERE.

WHo creates atmosphere? FANS.

It's not rocket science folks. Pick a fucking song and fucking well sing it. cheers.gif

Stone Roses simply wouldnt work as a crowd song.

To be fair though, there's absolutely no way you're going to get more than an isolated group of folk singing whatever wins the poll.

With a hefty chunk of the support going to be grannies and mates of 'Well fans, you'll be lucky to get the whole crowd singing an actual Motherwell song never mind a Savage Garden number.

To be fair though, there's absolutely no way you're going to get more than an isolated group of folk singing whatever wins the poll.

With a hefty chunk of the support going to be grannies and mates of 'Well fans, you'll be lucky to get the whole crowd singing an actual Motherwell song never mind a Savage Garden number.

If its anything like the last Scottish cup final you're gonna be suprisedcheers.gif

• Like 1