Celtic V Motherwell (League)

Davie boy

i'm going to go get tickets for it tomorrow. i'm not particularly looking forward to it but we either qualify for europe or get to laugh at thousands of torn faced tims.

i'd rest as many bodies as possible pre final.

hollis

page saunders gunning ross

humphrey forbes carswell pollock

mchugh jeffers

Aye play as weak a team as possible and tell them to kick anything that moves.If rangers make an arse of it then i'd rather celtic win but if not it's a meaningless end of season game which we shouldn't be taking any chances with.

• Like 1

maxywell hits the nail on the head there.

We have nothing to gain from Sundays game apart from bragging rights that "we cost you the league again"

So play a weakened team and hope that Killy can do us a favour.

We still have 2 chances of getting to Europe next season but I hope that we do it in the Cup Final.

No way should we get a result on sunday. As much as i hate the 2 of THEM why should we shoot ourselves in the foot. Normaly couldn't give a fuck what one of them finishes above the other but i want well in europe so as far as sunday is concerned come on killie and smeltic. Cannot believe so called well fans want the h**s to win the league .

As for the final, that's a different matter all together and as long as we get balls into their back 4 we can tear them apart. Easier said than done but not beyond us. FUCK THE LOT OF THEM, C'MON THE WELL.

I'd happily forfeit a victory or draw on Sunday to see Celtic win the title, thus ensuring another European adventure for us next season.

My gameplan would be to let Celtic go two goals up then start kicking hell out of their most influential players :evilgrin:

On a serious note, I'd love to see a Motherwell win, as it'll set us up nicely for the final, helping to plant a seed of doubt in their minds.

hollis

page saunders gunning ross

humphrey forbes carswell pollock

mchugh jeffers

That would be my team aswell.

And kick anything that moves as I wouldn't be surprised if Celtic employ that tactic.

5-0, 6-0 Celtic easy.

What ever team gets the nod for Sunday, its important to at least put a little bit of a fight up, Celtic will be very nervous and Motherwell who will be full of youngsters will have nothing to lose, the longer the game goes on without a goal the tighter it will become, the game being live on TV, will make a real difference, Jones will deffo start as he has been released by Walsall, so come the summer he will be out of contract and without a club, hence one of his better run outs last night.

As for the team, pretty much all the regulars rest.... Keep hold of Humphrey and Jones out wide, Jeffers from the start, leave Sutton out, leave Jennoe out(But the problem we have is players want to play in front of the cameras and to be honest games likes this are the shop window for Jennings, Sutton, and co, so dropping them will cause a few tea cup storms....but that said Lasley left out too, Keep Craggs on the pitch, the rest of the team wont really matter, and you might find that Motherwell although playing a so said weaker line up might prove to be harder than Celtic will expect, the youngsters will be more energetic and full of running, so dont be supprised if the game is closer than we all predict.

I WOULD be happy will a good performance.... nothing more, i think we owe that to the fans and the rest of the SPL.

Edited by Dazzer

I'd be amazed if Rangers didn't brush Killie aside without too many problems so I don't really think anything we will do will affect the title race.

I've been a bit worry about the sort of end of season lethargy our team has fallen into and last night didn't do much to dispel those fears. We look so off the pace I find it hard to believe that we can just turn up at the Final and start playing an A game after a month of half paced, not concentrated or competitive football.

Obviously if anyone has niggles or injury problems they should sit this one out but I'd play as strong a side as possible because this is the game where we really need to get back up to speed and I don't think it will be beneficial in the long run to give players an another rest. They have had enough rests over the last 4 matches.

Get stuck into them, let them know they are in for a hard game in the final, put the fear of god into them and if Celtic lose the title and their heads are down a bit and they think 'oh no, we have to play them again at a neutral venue with 15,000 fans behind them' maybe we'll have a chance.

I don't really care if we win or lose but I want to see the right physical and mental attitude from our players.

At the end of the day if we somehow pulled out a win on Sunday, Celtic would come out angry in the final. Im more than happy to get beat off them Sunday and then send out the big team to deal with them at Hampden.

Thats a good shout mate! but Celtic will be putting there big guns out Sunday.....its a pretty strange situation, as Sunday match is most prob Celtics most important game and the cup final is the take it or leave it match as it stands....Either way they will qual for Champions League..... So the chances of picking up injurys on Sunday is pretty high and that can only bode Well for us! Lets be honest they did not cause us many problems with a full strength team at Fir Park.... so what makes them un beatable this time, if there left back cant make the final that will be a bonus.. other than that we can compete all over the park.....Angry or not i think Motherwell can beat them... which ever big guns are sent out, angry or not! 21st May 2011 Motherwell will make history that i am sure! BELIEVE!

Edited by Dazzer

This is just going to be one big massive Neil Lennon love in on Sunday. Unfortunately I feel last nights incident will have a knock on effect on the Celtic players, they appear to love Lennon and as such will bust a gut for him to won something for him.

I think they will give 100% plus in both games we have left against them And I agree with Ya Beezer above this half baked effort we have been producing will result in a pumping. Hopefully not in both game.

Got to play the reserves and subbies, drop full first team. let the young lads go toe to toe with them.

Why worry about what team SMC puts out on Sunday, if he has any sense he will rest most of the 1st choice players. Even if we field the full strength team, chances are Celtic would beat us, they are going for the title and need to win. So why risk injury to key players the week before the final, our squad is not that big.

I want whats best for motherwell, and if that means Celtic winning the league and getting us into Europe then so be it, there is more to be gained from that than a few weeks Gloating about beating them to deny them the League. Another European adventure brings in a lot of cash and could help in keeping existing or attracting new players to the club.

To have any chance of winning at Hampden SMC must have all his 1st choice player fit and rested and well up for the game, so leaving them out of a meaningless league game for us would be a good move

Rangers will have the league won by halftime on Sunday so Celtic might not be too up for it in the second half as their heads could go down. Second string fired right into them in for the whole game though. No mercy!

Rangers will have the league won by halftime on Sunday so Celtic might not be too up for it in the second half as their heads could go down. Second string fired right into them in for the whole game though. No mercy!

It would be worth the bookings and the odd red card for some of the fringe players to get right into them and weaken them for the final. Show them DVD's of Colin O'Neils tackles against Celtic and Peter grant running into O'neils elbow :whistling: that should get them fired up