Celtic V Motherwell (League)

Davie boy

The Celtic fans all staying behind to cheer on Lennon and his team even though they haven't won the league.

I wonder if Lennon had a season of no death threats ect if they would not have been baying for his blood and demanding a new manager?

The man has worked wonders in making himself an iconic manager to their fans without lifting any silverware :huh:

To be fair though, if you take all the shite out of the equation he's done not too badly.

He brought in some good players, and has reached two cup finals whilst taking the league to the final day of the season. That's not why the fans are staying behind to cheer him though...

All that matters is the cup final, but it comes to pass that we fail to turn up and/or get humped in the final then major questions need to be asked of the preparation in recent weeks. I really hope McCall and the players know what they're doing.

Still don't agree with McCall's tactics of resting so many players in all the games since the semi-final, but it will certainly be a different game next week whatever happens. Bring it on.

Disagree completeley there is no way we shoudl've played a strong side today, next week is what it's all about !

To be fair though, if you take all the shite out of the equation he's done not too badly.

He brought in some good players, and has reached two cup finals whilst taking the league to the final day of the season. That's not why the fans are staying behind to cheer him though...

Your right that he has put together a good team. Thats the problem though, he has a team which has shown themselves to be better than Rangers several times this season, BUT Lennon didn't keep it together some could argue when needed too.

Plus he should have been bringing in a decent CB rather than spending a stupid amount of money on an underwear model who has hardly kicked a ball all season.

Lets just hope he crumbles next weekend.

Disagree completeley there is no way we shoudl've played a strong side today, next week is what it's all about !

I think Numpty was talking about the whole top 6 card. Tend to agree with that. However McCall's the man with the plan. I hope with all my heart he is right.

Disappointing end to the season, poor final 6 games!! Just hope McCall has a plan to get the players revved up this week for one big performance!! Might help if he showed Lennon's interview after the game where he didnt even mention an apposing team playing against them next saturday!! Arrogant wee cock just spoke of lifting silverware!!

Bring it on!! WE ARE ALL STUART MCCALL....GINGER MULLETTS N ALL

Didn't mean just today though, it's every game since the split. Today would indeed have been a difficult selection regardless, but we're now going into the final with a team that hasn't played together, let alone won a game, for weeks.

Of course, if it comes off, the man's a genius :)

Now that we've got let him get over confident about next weekend, lets get Suty and co back and show them the the real Motherwell!!

Never for one moment think that today's game is just a marker for next weekend.

Murphy has had a couple of games rested as has Sutton. With Jennings and Lasley (hopefully) next weekend the midfield will be tighter and harder for Celtic to break down.

My main concern is the defence, we really are leaking too many goals but if they get their heads into the mind set that it's just 1 game (all be it the biggest of some of their careers) they need to concentrate on we could be alright.

It's about time we did one of the Old Firm at Hampden.

I suppose you can look at this one in several ways.

Taken in isolation I've seen plenty full strength Motherwell teams get pumped 4-0 or 5-0 in there before - as recently as about twelve months ago in fact, so 4-0 today with the team that was out isn't going to cause me any sleepless nights. In fact in an odd sort of way I'll feel much more reassured if we need to use Hollis again having seen him today, assuming they re-new his contract and having only seen Carswell for a minutes during the week, quite liked what I saw of him too.

The bigger picture is ofcourse whether you believe McCall's selection policy since the split has been beneficial or detrimental to our chances next week. There seem to be two clear schools of thought on that one but I can't really say whether I think it's definitely been good or definitely been bad. What I would reckon though is that he and his coaching and fitness team are likely to better placed than I am to judge who's in need of putting their feet up so I suppose I'm putting my trust that what they've gone with is right.

Still don't agree with McCall's tactics of resting so many players in all the games since the semi-final, but it will certainly be a different game next week whatever happens. Bring it on.

player/ top six games/ total games)

randolph - 4 games (52 g.t.s)

saunders - 3 games (38 g.t.s)

hutchinson - 5 games (24 g.t.s)

craigan - 2 games (54 g.t.s)

hammell - 3 games (42 g.t.s)

lasley - 3 games (39 g.t.s)

jenno - 4 games (42 g.t.s)

hateley - 5 games ( 52 g.t.s)

humphrey - 3 games (49 g.t.s)

murphy - 4 games ( 53 g.t.s)

sutton - 3 games (49 g.t.s)

players had to be rested today. it has been some season

Today's result didn't matter a fuck to us, and happily we haven't suffered any injuries, so we go into the Scottish Cup Final next weekend with a clean bill of health, and a squad of players who are rested and up for the fight.

Today, well done to Hollis and Carswell who acquitted themselves very well indeed.

That aside, who cares??!!! Bring on next Saturday!

Horrendous performance and result, but in all honesty, may be useful, in terms of making the scum complacent.

I am, however, worried that this slump hasn't just been due to resting players. Our recent form and performances have been shocking. I would echo the concern that the final team hasn't played together in a good while either, which is definitely giving a few negative thoughts.

Having said that, it'll have caused their scouting department, assuming they lower themselves to such things against the teams that clearly like nothing better than rolling over to the Old Firm ("silver to lift" indeed), a hell of a time, with the inconsistent line ups.

I was pyoor reaching for the hankies when they played Labi Siffre's 'Something Inside So Strong' over the CelvicPA system. Full of emulsion I was.

It's an anti apartheid song from the mid 80s.

These poor innocent wee fuckers are in permanent denial and will twist anything to suit their own ends.

I fuckin hate the Old Firm

The higher you build your barriers

The taller I become

The farther you take my rights away

The faster I will run

You can deny me

You can decide to turn your face away

No matter, cos there's....

Something inside so strong

I know that I can make it

Tho' you're doing me wrong, so wrong

You thought that my pride was gone