New Shirt Sponsor

Toxteth O'Grady

I remember I got ripped for wearing my pee-wee footy teams training jacket to primary school (mid 90s) cause it was sponsored by somerfield..... I'd gladly trade that now.

I miss motorola used to just blur my eyes and imagine it said motherwell. We should do that again, find a company whose name closely resembles our own.... mothercare!

some of you really want to get a grip, who gives a fuck who the sponsor is as long as the cash is coming our way.

I don't think anyone is being critical of the actual sponsorship deal itself, as it will likely be the best offer we had on the table, more the idea of actually wearing a shirt with Cash Generators emblazoned across it.

I know that in a season when we have a pretty nifty new 125th anniversary shirt also on offer I'll personally not be buying a shirt with the new sponsor.

Speaking to someone at the club last night and they said that there'll be match day collection points where you can drop off your old electric guitars, Elvis clocks, samouri swords and replica pistol lighters.

With a percentage of sales going to the upkeep of the stadium.

• Like 1

I know plenty people like to have the current top, but no one has to buy anything.

Sponsor is a bit of a red neck, but hey ho it is money in the bank and hopefully a decent deal for us. But if you find it a bit cringeworthy don't buy one, they'll be another along next season. If you don't want to be wearing last years then hopefully that 125th anniversary top will remain sponsor free.

Not exactly a glamorous name but it's sponsorship nonetheless. It would have been nicer to have had a company with slightly more 'street cred' but the logo is pretty unobtrusive so not the end of the world. And, as other people have said, at least it's a company that we've heard of!

Exeter City, my other club, were once sponsored by the Exeter Friendly Society...

• Like 1

Get over it. They give money so we can buy players! We could always not bother having a shirt sponsor and lose our out of conttact players and just promote u19's rather than signing new players.

Why do people always come out with this sort of stuff

Nobody is saying they'd rather have no sponsor and nobody is saying they don't want the money. If you like the sponsor then great but some are just commenting on the company and saying it's a bit of a red neck to have that advertised across our tops.

Just means I'll be buying the 125yr retro top instead of any new official one for next season

i dont care who the sponsor is.................money is money, a deal has been done early and the money is in the bank, so for that the club need to be applauded, especially after last year - maybe lessons were learned.

however, my gripe is that I like to wear a strip to the games...........but for the last several years, I have stopped doing it, as I feel the club are robbing the fans with the constant shirt "changes" - i used to have all the strips, even had the Shivute yellow one!!

people may say, you dont have to buy the new strip.........well you are right, but when you try to tell that to a wean who wants a new strip with a name and number on the back, its not quite as easy

As someone who struggles to pay for season tickets.......this is just another expense where the club are trying to bleed as much money out of the fans as possible (you could argue thats their job!)

Total rid neck. :lol:

Still, cash is cash! Fair play! At least I know what Cash Convertors is.

I'll be checking out the front windae on Monday for a silver cup with claret and amber ribbons - good price ma man!!!!

Does it really matter who the sponsor is as long as the club is getting the maximum amount of money they can for the deal, i dont think it does. Why are some people up in arms about Cash converters, what would be a good shirt sponsor ? We would all like a major corporation to throw lots of money at us to wear their logo on the shirts but in the SPL that wont happen.

We have to get the best deal available and if that is with cash converters then i have no issue with that. Look on the bright side ST holders might get extra cash for any items they take to the local branch :whistling: