It Needs To Stop

Taff

How is this true? Half my family are Celtic Fans and I'm the first to admit, when comes down to it, I prefer Celtic. But how does that make me any less of a motherwell fan? When I'm at Fir Park, all my family loyalties go out the window, I've been going to the games for nearly ten years, season ticket holder since 2006 and I've been at Fir Park on Winter nights watching us play out a nil nil draw against teams like Kilmarnock and I can't remember leaving a game early, no matter what the scoreline. So that part of what you're saying, I have to disagree with but you do make a good point.

When it comes down to Celtic or Rangers

I don't understand why you can't see this being wrong.

• Like 1

Sorry but I think the original post is just regurgitated bullshit!

In any situation when people are throwing abuse at any form of opposition it will also be of the lowest form in the hope that it hits the target and winds them up. So probaly no surprise that those people you heard on Saturday making references to fen!ans and tattie munchers, etc etc were probably also throwing dirty orange h*n comments at the other scum, sheep shagging pedo comments at another mob and druggie bastard comments at anyone from our lovely capital - and so it goes on.....

I'm not saying it's wrong or right but I am saying it doesnt mean they have any hidden agenda - its just that they hate everyone equally.

I don't understand why you can't see this being wrong.

When someone asks me who do I want to win, Celtic or Rangers, 9 times out of 10, I'd say Celtic because of family loyalties. The 1 time I'd say Rangers would be because them winning would be helping motherwell. Just becasue I have a preference does not make me any less of a Well fan, which is what I was trying to say.

When someone asks me who do I want to win, Celtic or Rangers?

I say Stadium collapse, outbreak of ebola or the ultimately ironic terrorist attack when asked the same question.

I like your thinking but does that mean I'm a sectarian bigot as suggested by the OP :ph34r:

When it comes down to Celtic or Rangers

I was also born into a Celtic supporting family, old firm day, i'll happily want Celtic to win. i think aswell that if i wasn't born into a Celtic supporting family i would still sway to their side when it came to the old firm!

At Saturdays match i had a Rangers fan sitting behind me, the things he was saying were an utter disgrace. especially as he had two young children to the left of him. again nuthing done about. we have to face the fact that sectarian chants and sings will never ever leave the Scottish game and sadly yes, some of our support don't have the bus fair to Ibrox. Its now just a way of life in Scotland , very few people have a preferred side. will most of them admit it ? ? ? not a chance

It comes down to personal experience and what annoys you more really.

I wouldn't say it was a case of 'preferring' one to the other, it's more which one gets up your nose more than the other.

If you have had more grief from Celtic fans than you've had from Rangers fans then chances are you'll dislike them more and the other way around. For example, if you went to a Catholic school which in general are full of Celtic fans and you were one of the few Motherwell fans there and you got constant abuse and hassle for it, then that may cause you to have stronger feelings against them than Rangers because you've been exposed to them and their shite more often.

For me personally, I really dislike Celtic, partly down to the above reason and also down to the 'everyone's against us' and Victim mentality, aswell as the paranoia, sheer hypocricy and high horse attitude that that club and it's supporters are famous for. I don't find Celtic fans particularly sectarian either as although I don't agree with the IRA chants, they are not in any way sectarian, more political sentimental whinging that has no place in football.

With Rangers, the sectarian bigotry is clearly worse but if I'm honest, I'm completely indifferent to them and just let their backward looking attitudes and nonsense go over my head. If find it easier to laugh at them than anything else. I absolutely love 'We are the Peepul' as none of them have a clue what it means.

But that's just me, other folk will see it completely differently and will find Rangers' bigotry more infuriating than Celtic's paranoia and holier than thou' stance. Each to their own and that.

I fail to see how disliking one more than the other makes you pro the one that you dislike the least and at a guess, I'd say that the majority of fans of Motherwell and most clubs outwith Celtic and Rangers hate one of them more than the other, for one reason or another I can't see how that would make them any less a supporter of the club that they actually support.

• Like 3

I was also born into a Celtic supporting family, old firm day, i'll happily want Celtic to win. i think aswell that if i wasn't born into a Celtic supporting family i would still sway to their side when it came to the old firm!

At Saturdays match i had a Rangers fan sitting behind me, the things he was saying were an utter disgrace. especially as he had two young children to the left of him. again nuthing done about. we have to face the fact that sectarian chants and sings will never ever leave the Scottish game and sadly yes, some of our support don't have the bus fair to Ibrox. Its now just a way of life in Scotland , very few people have a preferred side. will most of them admit it ? ? ? not a chance

How do you know that the bloke behind you wasnt a Motherwell fan born into a Rangers supporting family a bit like yerself!!

Why does it always have to be about either one or the other!!

• Like 1

How do you know that the bloke behind you wasnt a Motherwell fan born into a Rangers supporting family a bit like yerself!!

Why does it always have to be about either one or the other!!

The one thing that made it apparent was that he didn't know who most of the players were and ask someone who usual plays left back, after a comment was made about Gunning playing there!

various comments about bombs and wishing he had a "tommy gun just now to shoot them all " also gave it away just a wee bit!

if he is a well fan, he one not worth having !

The one thing that neither the OP or anyone else going on about these problems in the Motherwell support have raised is what the actual solution to the problem is?

What would you do? If it's important enough for you to start a thread on it, then you surely have must have some idea of what you would like to see done?

Just for the record, I personally don't think there's a problem beyond some fans using certain names to rile up whoever we happen to be playing that day.

For those who think we need to address it all though, I'd like to hear what they want done?

I was Born into a Celtic supporting family aswell. But Being around them, going to school with them, having them wind me up constantly certainly did make me sympathetic towards them.

Both sets of fans, each in a collection of there own, are fucking scum. I fucking hate them both, and like Burn_Broomfield says when asked I say something stupid like hope they all catch fire, before being asked "Naw seriously". Then watching there perplexed mongo faces as they try to comprehend why someone can't or won't choose bewtween them.

All of my mates support Celtic or Rangers. there are still one or two from either side who will say "aye he's tim/h*n in disguise." Any one who has sympathy for either side certainly isn't helping and actually makes me wonder if folk are correct.

Do you all really have a "preference"?

Fuck that.

• Like 1

In any situation when people are throwing abuse at any form of opposition it will also be of the lowest form in the hope that it hits the target and winds them up. So probaly no surprise that those people you heard on Saturday making references to fen!ans and tattie munchers, etc etc were probably also throwing dirty orange h*n comments at the other scum, sheep shagging pedo comments at another mob and druggie bastard comments at anyone from our lovely capital - and so it goes on.....

I'm not saying it's wrong or right but I am saying it doesnt mean they have any hidden agenda - its just that they hate everyone equally.

Pretty much agree with this. Taken out of context it's quite unpleasant but at the time it's a reaction designed to cause as much offence as possible. Still doesn't make it right though.

As far as the "who dae ye hate mair?" question goes it's Smeltic by a mile for me. As offensive as the Rangers bigots are, at least they're honest bigots. The green bigots come out with this anti-Irish racism victim pish while at the same time openly claim to hate the British. Where do you even start with that one? Hate filled hypocrite bigots will always be worse than your simple common or garden hate filled bigot. Also, singing songs about the IRA is no better than singing about being knee deep in f****n blood. Two cheeks of the same arse right enough.

I've had this situation come up so many time(even with family from either side)...

Are you a Ranger or a Shellic fan?

NO MOTHERWELL...

But if ye had to choose?

No MOTHERWELL and GTF ya narrow minded simpletons theres more to life than being a Ranger/Shellic fan...

Yet still they look confused and are still thinking

Aye hes one or the other....dash2.gif

NO PREFERENCE!

Just for the record, I personally don't think there's a problem beyond some fans using certain names to rile up whoever we happen to be playing that day.

Of course there's a problem - you'd be mad to think that in a group of a few thousand fans from the West of Scotland that there aren't some sectarian sentiments. I know of some personally. Obviously, it is different to the OF, who built their existence on it, but it is there.

For those who think we need to address it all though, I'd like to hear what they want done?

Kick them out of the ground - whether they are OF fans, 'Well fans or any other fans. Time to drag ourselves into the 21st century.

If I had to choose, I only choose whats best for Motherwell, for example: I wanted Celtic to win the league, in the same way I wanted Dundee United to win the cup last year. Better for Motherwell.

For me personally, I really dislike Celtic, partly down to the above reason and also down to the 'everyone's against us' and Victim mentality, aswell as the paranoia, sheer hypocricy and high horse attitude that that club and it's supporters are famous for. I don't find Celtic fans particularly sectarian either as although I don't agree with the IRA chants, they are not in any way sectarian, more political sentimental whinging that has no place in football.

Celtic's paranoia and holier than thou' stance. Each to their own and that.

Exactly why i dislike celtic fans more than any other group of supporters. The supposed 'best fans in the world' have a sinister and dark undertone to their support but neglect to admit it or confront it.

Also, what really gets to me is the fact that they think they are all irish, half of them probably couldnt tell you where their ancestors are from or have even been to ireland. They are British no matter what they think and have a British passport to prove it. If you hate this country and Great Britain so much then leave. Why anybody would want to parade a flag of a country that you dont live in is beyond me. And i say that about anybody in this country who does not want to uphold, respect or accept our traditions.

Celtic & Rangers are two sides of the same tawdry coin and have far more in common with each other than they would dare to admit. They are like self-loathing gays who have a bit of secret prison-style sex and then cannot stand the sight of one another, as it reminds them of the sordid activity that took place between them. Their repetitve, point-scoring patter is what passes for high with in weegieland and they automatically assume you're interested in hearing it, or will act as some kind of judge as they put their petty and ill-informed point across to you. It's as boring as fuck.

:lol: