Last Saturday

decorator

Ye canna be serious? I loved every second of it till the second goal went in.

Really glad ye did. But i honestly never felt we looked like scoring, apart from Gunning's shot, which came out of nowhere. Watched the game back on telly to see if things looked any different, but if anything, they looked worse. Celtic were pish and, on our game, we could've had them.

Gettin to cup finals is amazing, obvoiusly, but losing them sends you on the downer from Hell. Been feelin more and more depressed all week when i think of the chance we missed. I feel even luckier to have seen us lift the cup in '91 now. Surely won't be long before we get another shot...but we thought that 20 years ago.

The first half was a tale of two shots. One went in one didn't. It was a none event and I thought both sets of attacking players simply cancelled one another out. I don't think it was lack of effort on our part but you have to remember this was the first Cup final for most of our players too.

Celtic may well be shite in comparison to years gone by but they are a good team and there is no doubt they were the better team on the day. Maybe that's why the players didn't look as gutted at the end of the game, they could have no complaints.

for me the biggest disapointment was the fannying about with the defence at the end of the season. we started eight different combinations of back 4 in our final eight games, that's ridiculous. we haven't really recovered from losing reynolds and we've the amount of goals we have shipped in 2011 compared to 2010 has been shocking. taking hammell out of the defence was a massive mistake. mccall can send out as many emails as he wants but the truth is he made an arse of it.

the atmosphere was pretty pish as well. the next time we make a final we'd be better only taking 7000 tickets.

for me the biggest disappointment was the fannying about with the defence at the end of the season. we started eight different combinations of back 4 in our final eight games, that's ridiculous. we haven't really recovered from losing reynolds and we've the amount of goals we have shipped in 2011 compared to 2010 has been shocking. taking hammell out of the defence was a massive mistake. mccall can send out as many emails as he wants but the truth is he made an arse of it.

McCall will be judged on what he does from here on in as far as most fans are concerned ,what players he brings in, style of play and results.His honeymoon period as they say is well and truly over. :evilgrin:

First of all i cant believe im aulder than Wee Yin!! :blink: . I was 27 in '91. :laugh: . Secondly damp squib is a PERFECT way to sum up that cup final crap. We were really poor and the journey in,the weather,the game,our meet plans with ma mates came a cropper too,the whole day was crap im afraid and that's my last post on it...Onwards and upwards. :drinks: