One Step Beyond

fatcalf

OSB will be out at the first home game v ICT but the deadline has had to be brought forward due to holidays (why the fuck are we playing at this time of year)

There have been some guys offering contributons so please be aware I need them by email no later than this Thursday 7th July. PM me for contact details if you plan to contribute.

I'm away to write my Fat Calf column on early starts to the season, fuckin' nonsense :evilgrin:

Three days notice!! Holy shit. I'll send you some half filled pages.

Hopefully I get quite a lot of half filled pages, only realised this morning that by the time I come back my hols the original deadline would have passed, the printer is going n his hols 2 days later so wouldn't have been able to rush it through if I waited til I came back so no option but to get it done before I go away.

Fucking stupid time of year to be playing fitba', who's idea wis that? dry.gif

But "Summer Football ™" is the cure for all ills in the SPL and guaranteed to fill each ground to the brim every weekend.

No?

No,much as I agree playing through December and January is a nightmare, it's too early to be playing at this time. July is holiday time, women have changed to a summer season but I'm sure even there they break in July.

That's 2 of us in the "No to summer football" camp then.

16 teams, play each other twice, winter break. Easy.

:nod: TBH I've always argued against summer fitba' until last year. Yon severe weather and the ridiculous Health & Safety laws brought me to the conclusion we need to change the timing of our season. But July? No danger, that's holiday time, we can play up to June but no games before the Fair's oot. It's essential.:thumbup:

Your suggestion would give us ample time for a winter and summer break so that's another :thumbup: fae me. I would prefer 18 mind. ;)

:nod: TBH I've always argued against summer fitba' until last year. Yon severe weather and the ridiculous Health & Safety laws brought me to the conclusion we need to change the timing of our season. But July? No danger, that's holiday time, we can play up to June but no games before the Fair's oot. It's essential.:thumbup:

Your suggestion would give us ample time for a winter and summer break so that's another :thumbup: fae me. I would prefer 18 mind. ;)

That sounds like a good idea, but the problem is the whole of Scotland does not get the same "fair fortnight".

So which two weeks do you choose not to play in??:mellow:

Thanks to all the guys who sent stuff, completed the job tonight, good stuff folks.

On sale ICT game but as mentioned in t'other thread if anyone wants their copy at the Leeds game pre-order it by PM from me and I'll meet you up the Cooper suite before the game. I'm only taking pre-orders up with me though, no general sale that day cos friendlies are waste of time.