Inverurie Match Thread

Andy H

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best Team won. Fair enough. But the divide between HFL and SPL was a lot narrower than I expected.

That was a good performance from the Locos against a class side. The divide was as I saymuch less than I expected and it would be good to see the video of the match as while Well were the sharper side and a tad fitter locos tried to play just as much football. I think anyone watching or listening would be impressed with what the HFL side had to offer. The first goal was a killer but the way we fought back was tremendous. Well done all the lads, the management, the committee but most of all the ground staff who I talked to at two today and were still working at ten tonight. Without you guys there would have been no match! A great advert for the HFL.

Hope you have something left to beat the Buddies and those who visited the backwater will come back on a nice summers day ! Brilliant snowball fight behind the goal - that's what football matches were like when I was growing up in the sixties.

To say they were brief highlights was an understatement, still, nice to see them. I think no-one seriously expected it to be a double-figures job tonight, perhaps 5 or 6 at the most so fair play to Locos for playing some good football and making a good game of it.

Not long back home after the game tonight.

Well done MFC and all the best against St Midden on saturday and for the cup in general.

Thought Clarkson was your best player tonight, but the main difference was your guys being half a yard quicker in reading the game.

I hope that eveyone got back ok, but to be honest the roads were clear most of the way.

Another ground to tick off the list and as already being mentioned, the roads back were remarkably clear despite all the profits of doom predicting otherwise.

Indeed Radio Scotland's pessimism as to the game going ahead was most welcome as Fal Dosser was driving out of Aberdeen.

Amazed to see Craigan trying his luck from 20 yards, though still wonder if it was not just a pass back to Buzz that left his boot with the usual pin-point accuracy. :thumbup:

All in all a thoroughly entertaining evening with the notion of 'Well being Big Time Charlies truly dismissed by Smith and McGarry interrupting their warm up to stop and chat with the small knot of Dossers taking a break from trying to chuck snowballs over the coppers' heads to Locos' fans.

Another ground to tick off the list and as already being mentioned, the roads back were remarkably clear despite all the profits of doom predicting otherwise.

:lol: on the way home were you sleeping between Auchterarder and Stirling or did you go another route?

Had to overtake (slide past!) the snowplough as it was slowing to a crawl, Fair play to the Well fans in the red Golf mad it a lot easier on my eyes being able to swap about as lead car all the way home althought the lad got a right bum deal being in front when we hit the Snow WALL at auchterarder :thumbup:

Was pleased with the result didn't think we really got going at any point but the surface conditions were not really the best for football,

Really impressed by Locos, matched us in a lot of areas on the night and showed all the grit and determination we expected they would do. Thought their Keeper should have received MOTM but hey there is only one Tommy Wilson :lol:

Fine Town it is too made to feel most welcome in the Butchers arms, the local bill even came in and had a chat, might just take that invite to stop in on a summers day.

Business like performance for us will take some more flair to take a couple of the Buddies in the next round :nod:

All in all, an enjoyable night with the right result.

Credit where it's due though - Locos worked hard and played the ball about reasonably well at times, and they're not the worst team I've seen - would imagine they would hold their own ( :thumbup: ) in the 3rd division

Didn't get to see any of the town as we arrived about 7.30, but weather wasn't as bad as made out - there were pockets of snow on the roads on the way up, but we didn't have any hassle on the way back to Falkirk via Edinburgh

Now looking forward to The Midden

MON RA DOSSERS

A game won at a canter, really the goal in the first few mins killed any Loco hopes and they only really came close once, with Smith saving well.

The gulf in class was their for all to see, our players were strolling, with Quinn and Craigan acting as wingers more often than not, if you think the Fir Park pitch is bad you need to see this, I understand it's a Highland League side, but there was not one flat bit of park.

Tommy Wilson is a hero.

Got to mention the town, we only arrived about 7 so didn't have a lot of time to wander, but passing every shop and seeing all the red and black showed what i meant to the people of Inverurie, a good day out, if a little chilly.