Chick Predicts

SteelmaninOZ

with the exception of picking Celtic over Rangers because of Rangers impending tax bill(was that not about last year?) and an excess of talent at Celtic

he gives no learned reason as to why he makes any of his other choices.

Reporter? my arse! should never have the platform he has

How many times is he allowed to say "if this story's not true then I'm finished....".

Does anyone anywhere really take him seriously?

Canny say I like Traynor fact ah hate that stumshie but loved it when he tore fitba's biggest Rangers supporting "St.Mirren fan" a new one last season on the wireless.

Guy's a fudd. I can't watch that without wanting to punch his wee, squeaky pus in. I nearly hate him as much as that wank Traynor.

"There's more chance of the SPL splitting the atom than splitting the OF..."

Ehhh, naw! Ya Dick!

Don't see much wrong with what he's said there, the 'Old Firm' have been split only twice in the last sixteen years and the gap between them and the rest is as big as ever. Celtic in second place finished 29 points ahead of Hearts in third place last season, what does that tell you? Do you seriously think that any other team can actually cut that gap or even finish above either of them this season?

Don't see much wrong with what he's said there, the 'Old Firm' have been split only twice in the last sixteen years and the gap between them and the rest is as big as ever. Celtic in second place finished 29 points ahead of Hearts in third place last season, what does that tell you? Do you seriously think that any other team can actually cut that gap or even finish above either of them this season?

That's not my gripe. It's the ridiculous manner in which this 'journalist' over-eggs the pudding on every occasion. "The SPL aren't involved in molecular Physics, so they wouldn't even comtemplate it you nugget" Is that better? He is a fuckin' cretin of a man. And the way he goes on about his 'beloved Paisley Saints' gives me the boke. He's a c**t!

As for splitting the OF, it's a new season. We all hope that this new season is good to us. Did you expect us to get top 6, league cup semi and a cup final as well as nearly qualify for the group stages of the Europa League? Naw, I know you didn't as your glass is half empty. You like to be surprised when we win and expect us to get beat. I hope we have as good a season as we had last season. I hope someone splits the OF (would love it to be us). And as I type this, the Jambos are holding their own at Ipox.

The new season is yet unwritten, I'll discuss this with you next May!

That's not my gripe. It's the ridiculous manner in which this 'journalist' over-eggs the pudding on every occasion. "The SPL aren't involved in molecular Physics, so they wouldn't even comtemplate it you nugget" Is that better? He is a fuckin' cretin of a man. And the way he goes on about his 'beloved Paisley Saints' gives me the boke. He's a c**t!

As for splitting the OF, it's a new season. We all hope that this new season is good to us. Did you expect us to get top 6, league cup semi and a cup final as well as nearly qualify for the group stages of the Europa League? Naw, I know you didn't as your glass is half empty. You like to be surprised when we win and expect us to get beat. I hope we have as good a season as we had last season. I hope someone splits the OF (would love it to be us). And as I type this, the Jambos are holding their own at Ipox.

The new season is yet unwritten, I'll discuss this with you next May!

No, but the gap in quality between us and the other non 'Old Firm' clubs in the SPL is a lot smaller than that between the non 'Old Firm' clubs and the 'Old Firm' themselves. Chick Young is a sensationalist muppet, but he's a journalist and he's made a career out of it. He is right in saying that it is extremely unlikely that Celtic and Rangers will be split - even if he does phrase his belief in a fairly extreme manner - because they are both streets ahead of the rest of the SPL and even though as you say Hearts are currently leading and dominating at Ibrox and might even get a result there today, that won't matter a jot come the end of the season. Hibs thumped Rangers 3-0 there last season, we beat Celtic comfortably at Fir Park, but those were one off games and on their day, either of them can be beaten, but over the couse of a season, no team has the ability to show the sort of consistency needed to be able to challenge or split Celtic and Rangers in the final league placings.

Heart says Aberdeen, head says St. Johnstone.

Couple of weeks ago I would have said St. Johnstone but I think they have brought in enough players to stay up.

Kilmarnock are a big question mark this season. They have lost so many players and brought in so many unknowns its hard to tell what they will go. Could be Top 6, mid table or relegation.

Actually if I was a Hibs fan I'd be really worried, especially if they take a tanking tomorrow and they start the season with all the pressure of last season back on them. I don't expect Calderwood to be there much longer but if they stick with him that could be a very big mistake, they should have let him go when they had the chance to get some compo for him.

hearts will cut the gap this year i have no doubt in my mind about that , its still a two horse race of course but