New Goalie Coach

Grievesie

Heard in the pub before the game on Sunday that Kerso went to visit his wife and kids in Canada when the season finished and has yet to return. Not sure how reliable this story is.

Will be gutted if we have Marshall in instead of Kerso.

Why gutted, Dee?

Maybe gutted would be an over-exaduration but I think Kerso showed last season how fantastic a goalie coach he is. Yes, it was Randolph who racked up the cleansheets but that also has a lot to do with his mentor.

i see where you are coming from Dee.................but Stevie Woods was "not the best" goalie, and he is meant to be a fantastic GK coach

I may be wrong, but as soon as Marsh made the move from Fir PArk to Easter Road - he knew straight away that he had made a mistake

theres nothing to say Marshall wont bring Randolph on a little more and get us that big money move that we are all hoping for

theres nothing to say Marshall wont bring Randolph on a little more and get us that big money move that we are all hoping for

:huh:

Speak for yourself, I'm in no way looking for a big money move for Randolph or any other player, I'm looking for them all to hang about and hit testimonials with over 500 appearances for Motherwell

:P

http://www.perthshireadvertiser.co.uk/perthshire-sport/sport-news-front/2011/08/09/st-johnstone-goalkeeping-coach-moves-to-motherwell-73103-29200525/

St Johnstone goalkeeping coach moves to Motherwell

Aug 9 2011 by Gordon Bannerman, Perthshire Advertiser Tuesday

Motherwell lure keeper coach

ST JOHNSTONE’S respected goalkeeping coach Gordon Marshall has been lured to a full-time post by SPL rivals Motherwell.

The one-time Kilmarnock, Celtic and Scotland man has been an important element of the Perth coaching team since arriving from Hibs.

But Fir Park boss Stuart McCall made his move and the offer of a full-time contract.

It’s an early season blow for manager Derek McInnes, with keepers Peter Enckelman and new recruit Alan Mannus rivals for the first team jersey this season.

Yesterday, McInnes admitted: “It is disappointing to lose Marsh to Motherwell but he was offered a full-time role at Fir Park. We always ran the risk of losing him if a club came in for him with that sort of contract.

“He has been a valued member of the coaching staff and we all enjoyed working with him. He has been a positive influence on our goalkeepers, whether they were youngsters or more experienced men. We wish him well in his new post.”

McInnes is now casting around potential replacements to fill the gap left by Marshall’s departure.

Gordon Marshall makes Fir Park return

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Motherwell FC can confirm that Gordon Marshall has returned to the club to take up the role of goalkeeping coaching.

Marshall had an excellent two years at Fir Park as a player between 2003 and 2005 – enjoying notable success reaching the top-six twice in succession, the 2005 CIS Cup Final and a starring performance in 'Skippy Sunday' in the same year.

The 47-year old former Scotland International will replace Stuart Kerr who has left the club for family reasons.

Marshall, speaking exclusively to motherwellfc.co.uk said, "I am delighted to be back as I enjoyed such a happy time here as a player.

"I am also getting to work with one of the best 'keepers in the country in Darren Randolph so it's an exciting time.

I am delighted to be back as I enjoyed such a happy time here as a player.

"The club has changed quite a bit since I left, but very much for the better. I like to think I played a part in that process eight years ago. We had just come out of administration under Terry Butcher and managed two great seasons; getting to a Cup Final.

"'Well have been on an upward trail since and has enjoyed some terrific success. I am hoping that I can once again add to that – passing on some of the knowledge I have gained over my career, particularly to the young up-and-coming goalkeepers at the club."

Motherwell Football Club would like to sincerely thank Stuart Kerr for all his hard work whilst at Fir Park and wish him every success in his future career.

Disappointed to see Kerr go if that is indeed the case, he appeared to be a good influence for both Randolph and Hollis. IIRC, Kerr had been looking at options abroad so maybe something materialised?

Never had any time for Marshall as a player and his coaching CV doesn't fill me with optimism.

Did Gordon Marshall not play in the 2005 end of season against Celtic and the semi at Easter toad? i know every goalie has moments

Stewart Kerr moved to Canada to be with his wife and kids who emigrated there a wee while back. He was originally meant to be going with them but was then offered the job at Motherwell so he opted to stay behind for a wee while before heading out there on a permanent basis.