Fir Park Club

rinkydink

Fucking h*n shop anyway. Would be good if the club bought it back & run it as a proper Motherwell supporters club, with no picture of the queen on the wall.

Couldn't agree more but it will all depend on if the bar is owned by the brewery? Would be a fantastic opportunity for something new in Motherwell, especially with Starka shutting down. Perfect big hall complete with stage for live music, opportunity to offer one of the rooms to away fans before the match as well as pulling in 'Well fans. I could be completely wrong but I believe if run correctly, so long as the brewery isn't calling the shots, it has a great deal of potential.

It's how it's managed when not every other Saturday though Dee.

That is very true! However, with a club that size and the correct visions you could achieve quite a bit. I'm sure it was reasonably busy midweeks with the oldies? With so many rooms there is potential to have bingo, poker, live football, dancing etc. Almost something for all ages. That said, I'm not experienced in that field so I could be a mile out with that prediction.

Shut while they look for someone to fund insurance. They had been in discussions for months with Heineken looking for a loan of around 40k but have been told to bolt because they arent selling enough booze. If they cant find funding from somewhere then its goodnight Vienna.

Heard a while back it was in a bit of trouble and was going to have to raise prices of booze and charge admission fees to keep afloat. Never set foot in it in my life right enough, Daniels or Electric would always be the preferred option.

Heard a while back it was in a bit of trouble and was going to have to raise prices of booze and charge admission fees to keep afloat. Never set foot in it in my life right enough, Daniels or Electric would always be the preferred option.

Seems keeping the SKY subscription going when not enough people were going in to watch it started the slide.

Sky subscriptions for pubs and clubs is blatant extortion.

For a simple wee boozer they are asking about £1200 a month and clubs are generally charged a bit more.

We pay £3k per annum for a Scandinavian Channel and that gives us every EPL game even the Saturday 3 O'Clock kick offs.

The basic problem with the Fir Park Club is it's location. Quite a few pubs and clubs get a lot of business from passing trade, and unless there's a game on there isn't going to be any passing trade in Fir Park Street.

Tell you what I've got against the place. We wre in there a few years ago watching a Motherwell v h**s game and their fans were having a right good sing song. We started to sing Motherwell songs and got asked to stop by a member of staff. Handed my membership to the guy and told them to stuck their fuckin club. Never been back since and dont miss it one bit. Fuck them. Daniels is miles better anyway.

The problem is if it is shut means that the Cooper bar is going to be even more heavin' than it has been so far this season. For the last few years the Cooper bar has been ideal for a pint or a quick hauf before the game but the last 3 home games it's been absolutely jam-packed with a Q 30 or 40 long half an oor before KO. Disnae take a genius to realise that place is a potential goldmine if they get it right. Once or twice they've put a bottle bar at the far end of the hall which makes a lot of sense. charge say £2.50 a bottle & you'll get loads of punters buying whilst making the club a fair whack in the process.

AND WHILE I'M AT IT TURN THE F*CKIN' HEATING OFF FOR THE "SUMMER" GAMES & SAVE THE CLUB A FORTUNE.

THE PLACE IS A SWEATBOX!

rant over. :drinks:

Tell you what I've got against the place. We wre in there a few years ago watching a Motherwell v h**s game and their fans were having a right good sing song. We started to sing Motherwell songs and got asked to stop by a member of staff. Handed my membership to the guy and told them to stuck their fuckin club. Never been back since and dont miss it one bit. Fuck them. Daniels is miles better anyway.

Maybe it was for your own safety...?

Alternatively, why didn't you walk the 200 yards to the ground and watched the game there? :blink: