Inverurie Ticket Refund..

DC'd

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but stuck in work and not got the chance to trawl through threads. So, if so it can be merged. But, I know a few people are not going to be happy as they are in the same boat, and under the knowledge that they are going to get a refund.

But, it's another shambolic fiasco from Motherwell FC.

Myself amongst others were made aware that yesterday that tickets could be returned and refunded for a few days following the match going ahead last night.

Turns out that today, that the information given out from the Ticket Office was incorrect and the deadline was half 4, yesterday. Yet no information was given out despite this "change".

Totally unacceptable and now I am out of pocket for the two tickets that I purchased. Fair enough, not a great amount of money, but money I could certainly do with.

Also, being situated in Liverpool surely the club have to accomodate these people. To travel to all games and then be treated like this!? I mean took the entire week off last week on the off-chance the game goes ahead (albeit this can't be blamed on MFC), so I have made a huge effort in trying to get to this game. Then on Saturday how do they expect people to come in for a refund, when most fans are out in Edinburgh at Easter Road. Then not to mention the terrible weather conditions on Monday, that is if I were even in the vicinity of Fir Park (which I wasn't, nearly 300 miles away), so are Motherwell willing and wanting there fans to risk their own safety to come down to Fir Park that day for a refund?

Absolutely shocking, to tell fans information, then the following day turn round and claim that this information was never given out. Surely they would have learned after the Nancy fiasco, when giving out information on the website, only to later delete that information and re-enter a whole load of new shite, and just hope that nobody notices.

Fuckin' shocking and now I am out of pocket, due to sheer incompetency.

Not a happy chappy..

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but stuck in work and not got the chance to trawl through threads. So, if so it can be merged. But, I know a few people are not going to be happy as they are in the same boat, and under the knowledge that they are going to get a refund.

But, it's another shambolic fiasco from Motherwell FC.

Myself amongst others were made aware that yesterday that tickets could be returned and refunded for a few days following the match going ahead last night.

Turns out that today, that the information given out from the Ticket Office was incorrect and the deadline was half 4, yesterday. Yet no information was given out despite this "change".

Totally unacceptable and now I am out of pocket for the two tickets that I purchased. Fair enough, not a great amount of money, but money I could certainly do with.

Also, being situated in Liverpool surely the club have to accomodate these people. To travel to all games and then be treated like this!? I mean took the entire week off last week on the off-chance the game goes ahead (albeit this can't be blamed on MFC), so I have made a huge effort in trying to get to this game. Then on Saturday how do they expect people to come in for a refund, when most fans are out in Edinburgh at Easter Road. Then not to mention the terrible weather conditions on Monday, that is if I were even in the vicinity of Fir Park (which I wasn't, nearly 300 miles away), so are Motherwell willing and wanting there fans to risk their own safety to come down to Fir Park that day for a refund?

Absolutely shocking, to tell fans information, then the following day turn round and claim that this information was never given out. Surely they would have learned after the Nancy fiasco, when giving out information on the website, only to later delete that information and re-enter a whole load of new shite, and just hope that nobody notices.

Fuckin' shocking and now I am out of pocket, due to sheer incompetency.

Not a happy chappy..

So, basically you had a window of 6 and a half hours from the game being declared on to get to Fir Park and claim a refund?

Pretty poor stuff. :D

Polmont's idea on the other thread is a good 'un. Make any unused Inverurie tickets valid for this Saturday's game by way of compensation. Surely that's sensible.

Think we could start a groundswell on this one, that's quite an idea.............. :D

Baws! You gave Inverurie Locos £15 and didn't go - so you get into Fir park for our home game for nowt??

£15 for a cup game isn't bad in the current climate - give the club your money!

I went to Cowdenbeath in 76 or 77

I demand my petrol money back and free entry to fir park for the rest of the season :D

I don't think thats gonna work. If the club refund the tickets then the money should come from a mixture of both Inverurie and Motherwell else Motherwell will be refunding the entire total themselves and would still have to pay St Mirren as they are entitled to half the potential income from this Saturdays game.

If that is true I am honestly stunned at the decision from MFC. I seen the line on the website yesterday that said something along the lines of 'a few days to claim refund' at the time I did think that was a bit vague but never gave the thought they would change it, maybe a cached page would show the original line? not much sure how to work that though maybe someone else could have a look?

I like the idea of making them valid for saturday - but that may not suit everyone, I don't understand why they just wont refund them, I'm assuming that tickets were collected at Inverurie so they can't be thinking folk will be able to claim a refund after having attended the game?

:D

I was sitting in the Phil O'Donnell stand in the nancy game, 4 of us went, only to find my seat was seperated by the segregation. My old lady went up to Fir Park and complained with absolutely no proof bar a ticket stub that we had attended the game. She never left until she got a refund or tickets to the next game. We got 4 ticks was i must say was generious.

Any one who has been hard done by just head up to FP and complain.

I phoned yesterday morning and was told the by someone called Leanne that I could return my tickets a few days after the game as well. I specifically pointed out that it would be after the game and she siad that was fine! I can back up 100% what DC'd has said - it is the truth!

I posted this information in reply to someone else asking about refunds. This was a few minutes after my phonecall.

Now I was in the fortunate position of getting sent home from work so was able to return my ticekts yesterday.

Its is still a disgrace that they are giving out incorrect information.

Ok, thats your opinion, but, why not?

Let us be £15 out of pocket due to Motherwell getting their information wrong, again..

Two seperate issues - should you get a refund - unquestionably yes - due to the wrong information - That should be £15 from the gate receipts taken by Inverurie Locos and split two ways between them and MFC.

Should you get in to Fir Park on Saturday with an unused Iverurie vs Motherwell ticket - No! Pay yerself in so that Motherwell and St Mirren can take £7.50 each for your attandance (or whatever the split after costs equates to)

MFC aint The Royal Bank of Scottish Football you know!

Surely they have to return the money to the fans with tickets???

I cannot believe from a commercial point of view that they think they are able to not refund, the fact they have blatantly said they would be refunding for a few days after, i would think they are legally obliged to reunf, I can't say for sure but common sense should prevail here - they really need to refund that money!

Utter pish by the club if this is true - there was certainly the suggestion yesterday that the tickets unused could be returned after the game

I live a good deal closer to FP than DC'd, but Falkirk's still not just round the corner, and unfortunately, there's a working life to try and fit round the club's idea of office hours

I had a ticket for a guy who unfortunately couldn't make the game, and now we're out of pocket as a result

I usually look to be positive in the actions of the club, but I can't see how travelling to FP to get a ticket in the first place, and then being stuck with it as you can't make it to the rearranged game, and can't get to FP on the Monday, makes for looking after your fan base

MON RA DOSSERS

Baws! You gave Inverurie Locos £15 and didn't go - so you get into Fir park for our home game for nowt??

£15 for a cup game isn't bad in the current climate - give the club your money!

I went to Cowdenbeath in 76 or 77

I demand my petrol money back and free entry to fir park for the rest of the season :D

Aye, okay, doon aff yer horse. Simply not agreeing with it would've been fine. Just thought it sounded a decent idea for those who couldn't go. Nae need to go OTT with a response!

Not if it wasn't in writing, I wouldn't imagine. Some wee office lassie talking pish on the phone can't be legally binding, or else the world would be in real trouble. Typical stuff from the 'Well, I'm afraid.

To be honest, I don't think they should have given refunds at all. Everyone knew the risks of buying a ticket for a game in Inverurie in January so you either take the gamble, or you don't. It would be MFC losing the money if they gave refunds, not Locos, and not even the split pot.

Frazzle

DC'd can fill you in with the email reply he got from the General Manager (Im sure!), Leanne Dempster who definitely told carl_mfc that a refund would be available for the next few days and now claims it was not the case.

But, first of all, Inverurie said no to refunds after the 1st game got postponed and Motherwell rightly disagreed with this and then came to a decision that refunds would be available.

Although now it different, Motherwell (and Motherwell only) have said to several people refunds are avaulable even afte rthe match has finished and when I entered Fir Park this morning I was told I wasn't getting one..

To say Im annoyed is an understatement.

Not if it wasn't in writing, I wouldn't imagine. Some wee office lassie talking pish on the phone can't be legally binding, or else the world would be in real trouble. Typical stuff from the 'Well, I'm afraid.

To be honest, I don't think they should have given refunds at all. Everyone knew the risks of buying a ticket for a game in Inverurie in January so you either take the gamble, or you don't. It would be MFC losing the money if they gave refunds, not Locos, and not even the split pot.

Frazzle

Fair enough Frazzle, and I bought my ticket knowing that I may lose out

BUT

The message from the club all along is that tickets could be returned for a refund, and the info being given out by a club employee yesterday has created a problem

You may well be right (not morally mind you) that, as there was nothing official posted re this, that we're screwed

MON RA DOSSERS