No One Out!

prideoflanarkshire

Just want to say well done to the club for not cashing in and moving some players on.

Nice to see us not making crazy decisions like previous years and cashing in.

Very happy and by not selling is as good as signing new players.

We have a great 11 - 14 squad with good fringe players. All good signs for a good season

Agree, think as long as injuries and suspensions don't pile up I feel we're in for a good season. 13 points from 18 is a fantastic start and it's great to have points on the board early to have something to build on. Although I don't expect us to get much from our next match against Celtic we then have St.Johnstone and Aberdeen back to back at Fir Park which are two very winnable games in my opinion to continue our great start before we head into some tricky away games.

Quite looking forward to this season, was a bit down about us at the beggining of the year when Brown ditched us and McCall first came in and we were awful, however despite a tricky start I'm really enjoying the way we play under McCall. Lots of pace, width, ball on the deck, add in the ever improving atmosphere off the pitch and I'm really enjoying the football again, long may it continue.:cheers:

Although I don't expect us to get much from our next match against Celtic

It's simple, we have to just stop deferring to and giving them respect. If we do that we've got a chance.

I'd love it if Motherwell gave weight to "Lennon Out" chants, yesterday's victim is today's pariah.

we then have St.Johnstone and Aberdeen back to back at Fir Park which are two very winnable games in my opinion to continue our great start before we head into some tricky away games.

Maybe it's too good to come true but 19 points from 9 matches would be an outstanding start to the season, even better than last season when we didn't pass the 19 points mark until match 11 in the campaign and that in itself was a very strong opening quarter.

Draw against Celtic, lose to st j and beat Aberdeen. It's going to happen.

If you could gurantee that set of results right now, I'd bite your hand off! A draw at Parkhead is always a superb reult for us, and beating the sheppies every time we play them is my priority for every season while the old beggar is in charge there, and if we gave them a good hiding surely the pressure would be on him even more! "Broon out!" chants from the sheppies at Fir Park would be a joy to behold! And if the cost of getting those two results was losing to St Johnstone at home, so be it!

But back to topic, delighted we have kept the star men in the squad. Was actually shitting Mon & Tues that someone like Murphy or Hutchy would be offski without us having time to find a replacement. If there were bids made, then kudos to the board and McCall for rebuffing them and keeping any interest away from the press!

I suspect one of the reasons that we've made such a solid start to the season can be boiled down into one word - continuity. As pleasing as it might be to keep Murphy, for me the key thing is the fact we've kept the guys like Hammell, Craigan, Jennings and Lasley that provide the solid base to allow guys like Murphy and Law to perform. Add in Randolph, Hutchinson and Hateley and you can see that our "back seven" were all here last season. Contrast that with Dundee United having to replace their centre midfield and Hibs and Aberdeen trying to find a strong base for their team and and it's safe to say we've been pretty lucky in that respect. Look at Hibs' dressing room, where are the senior figures or leaders (outwith Ian Murray). Likewise at Aberdeen. We are lucky in that we have several guys at our club who are there to help the new guys bed in, who know what Motherwell is all about.

The real challenge will come in the next couple of seasons when these guys need to be replaced, some because they move on to bigger and better things (Hutchinson, Randolph), some as age catches up with them (Craigan, Lasley, Hammell). It won't simply be a case of replacing these guys' abilities, it's the fact that they know each others's games in and out. Craigan probably has a fair idea where Hammell and Lasley will be on the park every time he picks up the ball. Jennings and Lasley know what each other is capable of and what they're not capable of. That, for me, makes these guys better than the sum of their abilities. We should enjoy the fact we have a team rather than a collection of individuals.

No one out means continuity for us and that's a good thing. Enjoy it while we've got it, because it's a rare thing in the SPL these days..